A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 42062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2014 08:17:34 AM »

That pie looks possibly infinitely delicious!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2014 08:41:26 AM »

crazyda79, I like your shamrock & Easter wreaths! One of these days, I hope to have a bin full of wreaths for each season. I never thought to use the dollar store to grab supplies. Even if I don't make it in time, I'll be all set for next year! And, those lime-avocado chicken burgers sound pretty good (I pinned the recipe so I can try it later). Your monster potholders are great, and I love that the ghost glows-in-the-dark. Did you start with pre-made potholders? That would make it more likely that I would do something similar Cheesy

Ratfinkz, what a nice collection of bracelets! I love how bracelets look on others, and wish they didn't drive me crazy to when I wear them. I especially like the aventurine ones (green is my favorite color).

coulsenl, I like the idea of using book pages to make tags (I am slowly getting past the idea that crafting with books is a form of sacrilege Smiley ), and your "twitterpated" piece is very sweet!

bunny1kenobi, I love the look of statement necklaces, but don't think I can carry one off. A friend of mine, however, totally can, and she loves buttons, to boot! I think I need to raid my stash and make one for her. And, thanks for the tip on how you attached it, since it does sound more secure. Your fox mask is fantastic! Every year for Halloween at school, I intend to make a mask (I even have a mask blank around here somewhere), but never quite get to it. I think it may be time...

gozer, I love that monster bookmark. I have the very bad habit of just grabbing a random scrap to use, but it's better than folding down the corner of the page, I say Smiley I think I might need to whip up a batch of monster-themed bookmarks to keep on the bookshelf of my classroom "library." If I did them in black & white, I bet the kids would want to color them in, too!

artsycandice, nice job on the chair makeover! I have an old desk chair that I lugged home from grad school (back in 1990!), that is in need of some work, so you've given me some inspiration!

Ludi, that Dan Gurney portrait is amazing. Your skills continue to impress Smiley I love how you even included the "wrinkles" on the side of his face.

Linakins, I have never heard of a kindergarten rodeo before, but your daughter looks adorable with that fabulous hobby horse!

BadWolf314, pie for Pi Day! I think I know what I'll be making for dinner this week (I'm not a fan of dessert pies, but French meat pie and chicken pot pie? What time is dinner?!) I also have a Pi cake pan, that might get used in the very near future...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014 08:44:13 AM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2014 09:49:12 AM »

Thank you all for the compliments!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanath
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2014 01:46:44 PM »

Eep! Birthday weekend for my daughter, so not much computer time and there are lots of new lovely things to see. And wonderful badges to go along with them.
At least my house is a lot cleaner and tidier than it's been in a long while, and I managed to do a project with my daughter, will probably post it tomorrow.

artsycandice - good job on the chair, it's has a nice pop of color, I bet you feel a lot better sitting at your desk now.
Ludi - the portrait is amazing, and to think it's going to be shrunk and use for miniatures, sounds like very detailed miniatures to me.
bunny1kenobi - great fox mask, I like the decoration between the eyes.
crazyda79 - it makes sense that the ghost glows in the dark while a regular monster doesn't Smiley
Linakins - very cute horse, my kid would love it too, and a very cute rider as well.
BadWolf314 - I followed your link and saw that the pi(e) is filled with numbers, that is so cool!

I did some thinking and would like to propose a research project. It's a bit different, I hope it meets the requirements.

Research Project Name: Build a time machine
Team: Fandom
Brief Description:
One of my biggest fandoms is sci-fi books, and there are a lot of sci-fi books that involve time travel.
During the previous rounds of the Nerd Battles, I had many ideas from the prompts, but didn't manage to do most of them.
What I mean to do is "travel back in time" to a specific month, in this case it will be a short skip to last month - February, and complete all the prompts from that month that I didn't manage to complete during the round.
Rough timeline:
First, go over prompts and brainstorm ideas for each (or just list the ones I already had).
Then, do 3 projects a week, as February had a total of 9 prompts (and I didn't complete any of them).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2014 02:28:33 PM »

Tanath, what a neat idea! I usually just try to carry the projects over and make them fit a new prompt, but your way would A) Not require as much thinking about how to fit them to the prompts and B) Get more projects finished! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanath
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2014 02:33:37 PM »

That's what I was thinking, craftADDchick. I also felt bad letting all those cool prompts "go to waste".
I hope this research will give me the boost I need to be more creative on a daily basis. A bonus from the cleaning frenzy we had yesterday, is that I have at least 2 clear surfaces I can work on now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2014 03:38:03 PM »

Good luck, Tanath! And, I am also in the midst of a minor cleaning frenzy right now- I have to have a repair guy come on Wednesday, and because of the snow, he can't get in through the side door, so he's going to be seeing quite a bit of the house on his way to the cellar. Yikes! Too bad I can't figure out how moving the laundry pile out of the dining room can count as a challenge prompt! Cheesy

Hmmmm... I wonder if I can make it a UFO? Wink
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014 03:38:55 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2014 05:39:28 AM »

bunny1kenobi - Super cute fox mask!  Are those eyelets on the top center?  Such a great decorative idea!  And like BadWolf314, of course I sing that one song...that I won't name either!  Cheesy

crazyda79 - Another great wreath!  I bet it is extra cute with the glitter eggs!  Adorable monster pot holders, too!  How fun that the one glows in the dark.

Linakins - I'm glad you joined the Nerd Battles!  Welcome to Team Randomizer!  That is such a clever idea for the hobby horse, and what a cutie of a daughter!

BadWol314 - YUM!  Love the Pi Pie! 

Tanath - What a great Research Project idea!  I can't wait to see what you come up with for the past prompts!  Good luck!

craftADDchick - RE: The laundry.  I have the same problem!  Maybe we need to craft or embellish some fetching laundry bags or baskets as means and motivation for laundry transport.  Or maybe I'll probably just let it stay where it is and ignore it for as long as possible and then only pick out the few things I need as wash them separetely.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2014 06:43:11 AM »

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

No, Lovely Miss, they are sequins and seed beads.  I was going to put eyelets on the side where the elastic is, but changed up my mind. There was a ton of handstitching on the mask (very little of which shows in the pic) so I think I was just ready to be DONE with it, already.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2014 03:35:23 PM »

Whooo!  So many cool new projects!  I have some swap stuff en-route, and did a little work this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to post some team stuff soon... but in the meantime, I'm just enjoying seeing all the stuff other people are doing!

coulsenl - Love those tags!  And the word "twitterpated".  Cheesy

bunny1kenobi - Nice use of buttons!  I'm always looking for ideas to use them up... I love buying huge random assortments, and then...  most of mine aren't as classy and dressy looking, though!  And the fox mask is cute!  Now I wanna do something foxy for my spring craft!

gozer - Adorable monster bookmark!

artsycandice - That chair looks FABULOUS!

Ludi - *sigh* Everything you do is so amazing.  Is there any talent you don't possess?!

crazyda79 - The Easter wreath is nice, but I really wanna steal those potholders!  Mine are getting a bit shabby...  Wink

Linakins - That is a wonderful hobby horse... am I too old for one, you think?  Cheesy

BadWolf314 - This year I am determined to make pie for Pi day, but I don't know mine will look as good.  I waited too long to buy a pi-shaped cookie cutter, and no way my freehand would work out... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cast Off an Opening in Loom Knitting
How to Cast Off Your Loom Quickly
Explaining Back and Forward Post Crocheting
Diagram Explanation of Never Ending Square Crochet
Differences Between Steel and Plastic Crochet Hooks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...