A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 40916 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2014 01:41:57 PM »

Challenge: Detention - May
Quidditch: Bludger to Ravenclaw (stash project)
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Porcelain lady pincusion
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433753.0
Brief Description: I've had this project on deck for... 4 months? Maybe more! I had all the materials, and they were just waiting for a few hours of assembly.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2014 02:48:36 PM »

House Pride: Hufflepuff Love
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Badger of Honor for the great felicitybaby in the IYP swap.

Photo is property of felicitybaby, because I neglected to pay attention to my Remembrall before sending.

Class: Apparition
Project Name: TARDIS Mitts
Description: I wonder if a knitted TARDIS would carry me to Missing Willow Farm?
Photo also felicitybaby's.

Class: Divination
Project Name: Owlet Pincushion
Description: While doing my best Luna impression, a little owl cloud drifted by...

Now to go gather the S.P.E.W. hats I've made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2014 03:16:23 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army - Department of Mysteries
SPEW: N/A
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: For Lara
Brief Description: One of my oldest friends is struggling right now.  Her dad passed away, her mother remarried very quickly, and she was okay with all of that as it was happening.  But he's not close with her mom or her sister and while they were more bonded during that upheaval, now that things have settled down she's left without much support from them.  She's re-entered therapy and was sweet enough to tell me that as she was filling her counselor in on her past she mentioned me several times (in positive ways) and wanted to share with me that she felt I was a supportive and encouraging friend when she wasn't always getting that from the other people in her life.  So I thought something a little pretty might help her remember that she is loved and cared about.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: The Great Paintbrush Cleaning
Brief Description:  Okay, so I am like the laziest painter ever.  Consequently, I don't spend much on brushes since I'm often terrible about keeping them in good condition (though I am getting better at this, I promise!).  Anyway, I started out with this

and FIVE hours later ended up with this
  I know they don't all look clean but they are.  I promise.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW: Yes - benefiting our local art scene - http://www.cityoftyler.org/Departments/MainStreet/GalleryMainStreet/6x6@110.aspx
Project Name: Chemical Compounds
Brief Description: Sulfur, which plays a critical role in the rebirth of the phoenix, has the power to alter through both oxidation and reduction, particularly to metals although it is a non-metal itself.  This piece started out as an entirely different painting but was going awry.  Much like the phoenix, it was able to become something new again, including silver, copper, and gold which can be triggered by the sulfur, igniting the whole painting.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Just SPEW!
SPEW: Yes - benefiting our local art scene
Project Name: Roses
Brief Description: This is an impasto piece that actually had roses underneath and then the large rose on top

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Just SPEW!
SPEW: Yes - benefiting our local art scene
Project Name: A Shock of Gold
Brief Description: Another abstract piece. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BB - Strawberry
Project Name: Lace Band
Brief Description: As a very heavy woman, I am particularly conscious about my lower belly.  I have a ridiculous amount of lingerie so I decided to repurpose my strawberry red babydoll to have a little lace belly band.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2014 03:33:11 PM »

Badger of honour? Bahhahahahahahahaha too excellent. Pinned. I know who I'm making that for, and his birthday approaches!

Mistress Jennie, yes, I have the mug rug with that gorgeous fabric, and some beautiful free hand machine quilting. it's in pride of place next to my laptop - I'd say I use it all the time, but actually, it's most often occupied by the cat, and I am reduced to a lame-o plastic coaster
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2014 06:32:46 PM »

The Ravenclaw Common Room and Potions Dungeon are now up to date!  Whew.  Tongue  I will be back later with a HUGE homework turn-in; but first there must be dinner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2014 07:15:46 PM »

Let's see what I can turn into assigment for this one last time!

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Desc: 8 is the number of the Sabbath in the Wheel of the Year, and I made us a little friendly reminder for our wall, soon to be transform into a coloring page when I get the time Smiley

Class : CoMC
House: RAwwwrrrrrr....
Desc: For this doll's clothing I used two different fabric with colorful pattern and a soft green fabric too Smiley

Class: Potion
Desc: This is the doll I made for Victor's first birthday. I couldn't find the right red fabric, so I decided to take out the special Merino superwash baby yarn and knit him the dolly instead of sewing. I came up with the pattern as I went. I love him and so does the little guy I made him for!

Challenge: DA- Department of Mysteries
Desc: My friend is openning a coffee shop in her village, and she needed a great logo for marketing. I made her a couple of drawings, edited the one she and her partner liked and put some text. The name means "Little Happiness", roughly. I did it for free (or mayhaps a lifetime of free coffee!) saving her tons of money on a graphist.

Challenge: May WIP
House: Graaarrrrwwwwfindor
Desc: This one is still a WIP, or so to say, because she has no clothing made just for her, but the body and hair is done, actually. And you know it took me more than 30min for those part (more like, 20h!!!) Her body is a wire skeleton wrapped with wool. She has bandable finders, wrist and limb. She has a chin, nostrils and hairs. Her hairs are mohair so, so soft! I made her for Mariann 6th birthday next July. I couldn't keep her from playing with her already!

I promise to provide better picture of her once she has proper clothing.

Phew.

I LOVE the owlet pincushion!! SO, SO CUTE! (yes I'm yelling. In a high-pitched tonne!)

will. update. quidditch. later.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2014 08:22:50 PM »

Mamaneedles--those are some awesome dolls.  Love the CoMC one!  Lovely patterns...rivals a Fwooper egg!

So, since my links don't work for my strawberry bean I decided that I would go ahead and post them straight out.  Sorry that they can't be a surprise to the recipience.  I am sure they will both understand!

Challenge: Strawberry Bean
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Strawberry inspired ATCs
Project Description: Bringing out Sir Teddy Cuddlestuff and his pet Squirt to the Strawberry patch.  Looks like they both found something yummy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2014 08:58:07 PM »

This is my MASSIVE homework turn-in.  Every semester I say I'm not going to do this again and here I am doing it again.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Iron Man Cast
Brief Description:  Several weeks ago my husband fell at work and in the process of trying to catch himself fractured his wrist, resulting in six weeks in a cast.  Trying to make the best out of a bad situation, I decided to paint his cast using red and gold to recreate Iron Mans Armor.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name:  Theres No Place Like London
Brief Description:  Traveling to London is at the top of my travel list.  I like to plan pretend itineraries for my dream vacation.  One of the things I would like to do would be to ride in a double decker bus (I know, so touristy).  So to help me focus on my destination I embroidered a bus and used a fabric button making kit to make a pin.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Arithmancy
Project Name: Octavius
Brief Description: When I think of the number 8, I think of an octopus.  This is Octavius, my pink ami octopus.  Hes very pleased to meet you all.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name:  Making Negative Storage into a Positive
Brief Description: My house is lacking in storage space.  More specifically linen storage space.  All too often my quilts end up piled in the corner... until now!  I was inspired by quilt ladders; but their rustic style doesnt really go with my decor.  Thats when I discovered some silver tone rails at IKEA.  I hung them on the wall and viola! Instant storage and quilt display!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: CoMC
Project Name: Quillow of Many Colors
Brief Description: This quillow contains many vivid and complimentary colors and two different patterns.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Mother of Dragon Eggs
Brief Description: To make these Game of Thrones inspired dragon eggs I needed to master both polymer clay and painting.  I began by making a baking the egg shapes.  Then I cut out and added the scales individually and baked again.  The plaint consisted of a base coat, a highlight color, a black wash and a high gloss sealer.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: All Hail the Glow Cloud
Brief Description: Welcome to Night Vale is one of my favorite podcasts and the glow cloud is a popular part of that podcast.  The Glow Cloud is a cloud which made a sudden entrance to Night Vale from the west. It glows in a variety of colors and emits a low, whistling noise.  This hoop is my interpretation of the mighty Glow Cloud... complete with glow-in-the-dark thread.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Embroidered Bee Pin
Brief Description: The bees have been buzzing around my garden lately; and they inspired me to make this embroidered pin.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Sewing Pillow
Brief Description: I found this awesome sewing themed fabric at my local store and knew it would make a perfect lumbar pillow to increase my comfort during long days of sewing.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: House Banners Cross Stitch
Brief Description: This cross stitch was made for my partner in the recent Harry Potter Box Swap.  The pattern is by CloudsFactory.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name:  Blue Quillow
Brief Description: Its a pillow, its a blanket, its a quil.... planket?  This is made of two pieces of fleece with a pocket on one side so the blanket can be folded up into a pillow when it is not needed.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Blue Bird Pin
Brief Description: Again using my handy dandy button maker I made another pin.  This one featuring a happy little blue bird.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  DA - Department of Mysteries
Project Name: Casserole for a Friend
Brief Description: My next door neighbor recently broke her hip, so to help in her time of need I made her dinner.  This is one of the meals I brought to her while she is stuck in bed recovering.
Chili Beef and Pasta Bake
Serves 8
3 cups whole wheat penne
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup part-skim ricotta
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Cook penne according to package directions.  Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, cook beef, onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium hear, breaking up beef with wooden spoon, until beef is browned, about 8 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
Stir beef mixture, ricotta, and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack into penne; transfer to baking dish.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack.  Bake until heated through and slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: May Detention
Project Name: Photography Light Box
Brief Description: This has been a project in the works for a while now and I just finally finished it up.  The frame of the box is made of PVC pipe and the back drop is made of white pillow cases.  Its lightweight, can be taken completely apart for storage and easy to move around.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nicajeanie
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2014 09:13:47 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch
Project Name: Perler Bead Snitch
Project Description: Snitch made with chedder and clear glitter perler beads
Project Picture:

Class: Apparition
Project Name: The Emerald Isle
Project Description: Planning a trip to Ireland for when I'm aloud to apparate
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Quidditch: bludger to Slytherin (wire stash)
SPEW: n/s
Project Name: Stana's Cuff
Project Description: Often white is depicted as good and black as bad. I use some "bad" wire to make a lovely bracelet.
Project Picture:

Class: CoMC
Quidditch: bludger to Ravenclaw (yarn stash)
SPEW: Suber-Marshall Memorial UMC
Project Name: Bright Grannie Square
Project Description: I used orange, green and pink for this square. (bad picture)
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
Project Name: Agape Prototype
Project Description: I plan to make the next agape gift from our church which requires 140 of the same item. I made this sample using graphic design and wire skills.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Luau Cake
Project Description: This was a multi day project as several potions were needed. The first potion was Italian Custard Cream requiring hours of refrigeration. The second potion was cake  using the Italian custard cream for extra moisture. The third potion was buttercream icing to disguise the cake into a Hawaiian island and tiki hut.
Project Picture:

Class: SoAR-Berkano
Project Name: Cheers
Project Description: I am obese and I hate my body. I saw a picture of Stana Katic pumping her fist and thought 'she's cheering for me to loose wt'. I then decided to ask people who actually know me to send pictures of themselves cheering for me. When I loose wt it will truly be a rebirth for me.
Project Picture:

Challenge: DA-Dept of Ministries
Project Name: paper t-shirts
Project Description: A very busy friend asked if I could make her paper t-shirts for a women's club meeting she was teaching but didn't have time to make the shirts. Of course I printed and cut out 25. This one escaped under my coffee table.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #489 on: May 30, 2014 09:26:56 PM »

It's the end of the semester....that means we're supposed to do a massive dump of all the assignments we haven't turned in, right? Well, here's my obligatory post to do just that. Lol. Uh...hope you like Project Life 'cause that's all I've really managed to do lately and I'm even behind on that. Haha. Such is life! I'm definitely going to try to be more active this upcoming semester!

Class: Apparation
House: Grrrrrrryffindor!
Project Name: Yosemite Project Life Pages!
Project Page Link: You can see more detailed pictures/read more here at my blog.
Brief Description: Yes I realized that you are supposed to craft something to a place you haven't been buuuut Yosemite is a HUGE place, with more to see than just the valley. Scrapbooking our trip helped me to focus on getting back (we got a season pass) so we can explore other parts of Yosemite, not just Yosemite Valley.
Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: First April Project Life Page
Project Page Link: You can see more detailed pictures/read more here at my blog.
Brief Description: Like the Fwooper, this Project Life page is FULL of patterns and colors. Perfect to blend in with the rest of my pictures.
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
Project Name: Iron On Quote Bag
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: Yes, this bag may look familiar. I've made one before but I assure you that it's a different one. My SIL liked the first one so much she asked that I make her one for her birthday. Two techniques involved - 1. getting the *darn* Silhouette to cut properly and not waste iron on material, 2. Ironing it on properly without ruining the whole thing. Success! I think I still need practice at all of this. Lol.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Birthday Card
Brief Description: Imagine my surprise when I looked into the stars and realized that they were aligned in such a way that it had appeared to be April! I checked my calendar and GASP! It's indeed April! (Humor me...I'm turning this in late. Lol.) If it's April it must mean that my SIL's birthday has passed! Yep. It has. To go along with the bag I made her I also crafted this birthday card (It says "happy late birthday" inside.) This card was brought into existence based on what I've seen in the stars, making it perfect for my Divination homework.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Easter Cards
Brief Description: One historical use of flowers is for decoration and honor which is why my daughter and I included flowers while making our Easter cards for the family. (There were originally 8 cards but I had already closed and addressed envelopes on the others before I remembered to take a picture.) Yes, I used a helper on my HoM homework, but sometimes working with a toddler makes it just that much harder. Lol.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Craft Supplies
Brief Description: This area isn't so much messy as it is in need of organization. You can't tell much from the picture but I went through and organized all the little boxes and containers. I put alot of things into grabbag piles. I organized my whole scrapbook cart. Perfect and ready for crafting when I was done! It's hard to keep craft supplies in control in an apartment. You have to tuck them in everywhere when you can't have a real dedicated portion of the house. This is one of 3 main areas I have craft supplies stored.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Second April Project Life Page
Brief Description: It may look like a regular project life page...but WAIT! What's that? Secret hidden flaps?! Muahuahuahuahua!
Project Picture:

Class: May Challenge
Project Name: Big Trees Project Life Page
Brief Description: Yea, yea...you're probably all sick of all these Project Life pages but it seems to be the only crafting I've really had time to do lately...and I'm struggling to even get them done. So yes, professor, since Project Life is always a WIP, please accept my pages from our trip to Big Trees State Park as my May detention submission. (More pics in blog link!)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Wine Glass Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Make Clouds - Pixelmator
How to Create a Cool Text Trick - Motion 3
How to Get Real Time Play Back - Final Cut Pro
How to Paint - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...