A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 41912 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #440 on: May 19, 2014 06:32:26 PM »

The end of the semester is almost here!!! It's so hard to believe so much time has already past!

***All Extra Credit can be turned in at anytime before the end of the semester!  I can't wait to see what you have for CoMC!***

I haven't been able to do much myself this past weekend...I meant to get so much more done!  Hopefully the next few days will be more productive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: May 22, 2014 07:52:46 AM »

:: Ant Bee stumbles out of an old disused vanishing cabinet in the Charms classroom, blinks at the bright light and staggers to the calendar::

How long have I been gone? Galloping gargoyles! The end of term?! I haven't finished all my homework yet!!

::She utters a little squeak and scurries to the Slytherin dungeon so as to find her half-started assignments::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #442 on: May 22, 2014 02:24:29 PM »

Challenge: DA - Department of Mysteries
Quidditch: Bludger to Ravenclaw (stash project)
SPEW: n/a
House: Huffleypuffley
Project Name: Hanging coin
Brief Description: I've been trying to support my friend as much as possible lately - she's been making some major life changes, including quitting all substances but caffeine. She asked me if I could figure out a way to display this coin as a reminder, so I used some waxed hemp cord to make a little border/cage for it. Now it hangs from her rear-view mirror.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #443 on: May 22, 2014 08:58:24 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions Class
Quidditch Pitch: Score for Hufflepuff!!! Cheesy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Rabbit Grooming Table
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: My dad brought this home from work, over a decade ago, and its been taking up space ever since.  It was ugly, it was clunky, and it had no use.  The kids needed a table  to work with their 4H rabbits on, and I discovered very quickly that I dont care for grooming/shearing my new Angoras on my lap.  SO a grooming table was in order!  I scrubbed and rinsed the buck cart, and gave it several layers of white primer.  I gave it a top coat of a very pretty seafoam blue/green color, and then painted vines and puffball flowers all over it.  I topped it off by putting a carpet square in the top tray for the rabbit to sit on while its being groomed.  Cheesy  Its already been *very* helpful for grooming my Angoras.   
Project Picture:

(I had more pictures of the sides, but no matter what I did it kept turning them so I gave up)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA)
Quidditch Pitch: Score for Hufflepuff!!! Cheesy
Project Name: Booster for Pygmies
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I recently took a fiber preparation class and, for the first time, was introduced to Pygora fiber.  It has a softness that is divine.  Pygora is a cross between Pygmy and Angora.  Angoras are very hard to come by in my stretch of the woods, but you can throw a rock and hit a Pygmy.  Theyre everywhere.  SO I have just bought 3 Pygmy does, (theyre brand new in my life) BUT their short legs arent tall enough for them to stand on my milking stand and put their heads through the headstall to reach the feed!!!!  O.O  This being absolutely unacceptable, I built a booster for them to use my milking stand so they can reach the feed while I brush/milk them. Cheesy I built the stand from boards left from a pond bridge demolition.  The bridge was damaged when a horse attempted to cross it. I gave it a base coat of white, and then painted it with vines and flowers.  Its so pretty Im going to have to paint my milking stand to match.  Cheesy
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Magpirate
« Reply #444 on: May 22, 2014 09:07:34 PM »

Mamaneedles, your watercolors are lovely!  The two crowns are adorable, and great job on the doll!

Naantje, the bird's-nest necklace is really cute, and such a thoughtful gift.  Smiley

seeuudee - FANTASTIC job on the book boxes, they look great!  Are the "pages" the actual book pages with the middles cut out, or did you make the box sides out of wood or something?

Acadian Driftwood, that wrapped coin turned out really well!  I like that you left both sides visible.

midkiffsjoy, I love how you've taken old, unloved items and turned them into useful and beautiful works of art.  The grooming table and Pygmy booster are both gorgeous!

My Random Swap partner has received, so I can start posting everything I've been working on for the past several weeks!  I'll start with my completed OWL.  Smiley

OWL Subject & Option: Care of Magical Creatures, Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wooden Animal Toys
Project Page Link: Ol' Magpirate had a farm...
Brief Description: For my OWL, I chose to study not one but three Muggle animals.  My swap partner requested wooden toys for her future grandchildren and I decided Muggle farm animals would be just the thing to make.  She has a donkey and a cow, so I made those two, and I added the chicken for some taxonomic diversity.  I cut them all out of pine wood, then sanded, painted, and finished them with mineral oil.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2014 11:42:17 AM »

seeuudee - FANTASTIC job on the book boxes, they look great!  Are the "pages" the actual book pages with the middles cut out, or did you make the box sides out of wood or something?

The box was made of thick card and covered with "pages" printed paper. It was a bit of a labour of love, but I so enjoyed making them and loved how they turned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: May 23, 2014 01:30:01 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Daisy Chain
Project Page Link (if available): Tutorial and free printable can be found here - http://www.craftedblog.com/2014/01/diy-paper-daisy-chain.html
Brief Description:
The Daisy, or Bellis Perennis, has long been my favourite flower, so much so that when my friend got married and decided on flowers as table names, made sure that I was on the Daisy table! I have also always loved making daisy chains, but hate the fact that they wilt so quickly.

I have a great summer hat that looks really good with a daisy chain wrapped around it, so I decided to make this artificial one instead of keep killing innocent daisies! The only problem is that they look more like the larger oxeye daisy, still pretty, but kinda take over the hat, so I may need to make a set at about half the size. Each daisy is almost 2" across. The centers are covered in small yellow beads. They are threaded on green embroidery thread.

The daisy can be used in spells relating to the following matters - beauty, compassion, fidelity, friendship, happiness, interchanges, joy, love, luck, meditation, pleasure, reconciliation, and youth. Made into a tea, the daisy is considered to have astringent, demulcent, expectorant, digestive, emollient and tonic properties. Finally, decorate the house with daisies at Midsummer's Eve to bring happiness to the home and to obtain the blessings of faeries. Such amazing properties for such a simple little flower!

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2014 08:35:45 PM »

Let me start by saying congrats to Magpirate for the wonderful OWL for CoMC!
Magpirate: Please PM me your mailing address so that I can send you a special card to commemorate your accomplishment!

and then there are all these that I've been working on-----

Class: Charms
Spew: NA
House: Slytherin
Project name: Key and Locket Necklace
Project Description: Using chain, glass, and plastic beads I constructed this multi-medium necklace!

Class: Transfiguration
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Cupcake Necklace
Project Description: With a flash of blue light this necklace is harnessing the lovely color created by the Avifors spell!

Class: House Pride
Quidditch: Goal for Slytherin
Project Name: Fishy Bracelet
Project Description: Using an old stretch bracelet full of green catseye beads and a little turtle I made this and a necklace to match.  The Slytherin house is a water based house. So it wasn't much of a stretch to embrace my watery tendencies in making the fishy bracelet with green beads for my beloved house! 

Class: House Unity
Quidditch: Goal for Slytherin
Project Name: Blue and Green Turtle Necklace
Project Description: Proving that Air and Water (AKA Ravenclaw and Slytherin) CAN get along! This is the matching necklace with the little turtle charm. Loving the blue and greens of this lovely addition to my collection!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #448 on: May 23, 2014 08:54:29 PM »

Too much for one post!!!

Challenge: DA---Dept of Mysteries
Project Name: CoMC OWL Congratulation cards!
Project Description: So far this semester both Gaudiknight and Magpirate have completed advanced studies for Care of Magical Creatures.  To reward and encourage them (and everyone else interested in completing advanced studies in CoMC next semester  Grin) in their crafty magics I made them cards! Sorry that you two are getting spoilers for your mail but I just can't wait!  I'm too excited about them.  I hope that they brighten your day!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152051667177377&set=pb.506097376.-2207520000.1400902002.&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152051667182377&set=pb.506097376.-2207520000.1400902945.&type=3&theater

Class: EC CoMC
Project Name: ShareBear CareBear Necklace
Project Description:  Lynn has been super jealous of all the jewelry that I've been making so to SILENCE the green eyed monster I made her her own Care Bear necklace! Now we can match!

Class: May Detention
Project Name: Plant Cell Bracelet
Project Description:  I made the polymer clay cane ages ago and stuck it in a bag and never finished them.  So I took the two canes that I had in the bag and made them into not one but THREE bracelets.  I gave this one to MommaAquaheart.  She wore it to school and her class said that it reminded them of plant cells! So there you go. Plant Cell bracelets!

Challenge: QUIDDITCH! Catch the Snitch for SLYTHERIN!
Project Name: A Snidget hand-carved Stamp
Project Description:  The Snidget is a small bird that has wings that rotate 360 and make it extremely agile in the air.  During the early days of quidditch the snidget would be released.  This use and its highly prized golden feathers and ruby eyes soon depleted its population.  The Dept of Magical Creatures soon banned the use of the snidget in the game of quidditch and the mechanized charmed ball, The Snitch, replaced it in use!  So, I nod to the Snidget in its wonderful addition to the history of quidditch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2014 12:07:20 PM »

Mmmmh... not able to post my crafts in time for the end of the Spring Semester. Is it ok to carry them to the Summer Semester if I can find challenges etc that suit?

Currently on family visit and have only sporadically access to the internet (and photos are on the laptop at home...)

Will update the Pinterest board after 2nd June as well due to same reasons (sorry).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create a Messy Up Do With Cesar Ramirez
Crown Braid Hair Tutorial
A Woman’s First Haircut in Nearly 30 Years
How to Give Your Hair Volume
DIY Leave-In Conditioner
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...