A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,198
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 53539 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2014 02:48:39 PM »

P.S.  I also finally got around to creating a new badge for May's Detention prompt, and the new Join the D.A. Challenge.  You can find them on the first page. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #431 on: May 16, 2014 07:45:44 PM »

Class: CoMC
SPEW: NA
Project Name: It's Much Better Down Here Hoopla
Project Description: Using an old tee that already had the seahorse, quote, and bubbles on it I turned it into a new thing! I added the buttons and the coral on the side.  Lots of different colors and two patterns with the buttons and coral.  I loved it when it was a tee and I love it as my new hoopla!

and a detail:

Class: Herbology (CoMC extra credit for May)
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Winking Sleep Mask
Project Description: With how many naps my treatments have me taking it really is something for me to use for future craft projects. To be able to get quality rest during daytime naps really has helped me continue crafting in comfort.  It has also saved my sanity to be able to get a little shut-eye.  A few drops of essential oil on the edges of the mask make it even better!  I freeform crocheted this with cotton yarn so that I can easily pop it into the washer when I need to.  It's super soft too! I decided to use a button to close it on the side so that its easily adjustable and I don't have to worry about tying it or the tie coming loose while I sleep.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014 07:49:03 PM by ErinAquaheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 16, 2014 08:52:18 PM »

ErinAquaheart ~ Can I still submit April's CoMC extra credit this month, even though it is now May?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: May 17, 2014 12:56:00 AM »

That seahorse hoop is so cute, and a great idea to use an old shirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #434 on: May 17, 2014 07:31:49 PM »

Quickly dropping by with some assigments before the term is over!
Since some of you asked, here's the book I MADE! (yeah! I made a book!!!)
https://fundo.ca/fr/projects/242 --It's still in the crowdfunding state, we're almost there, at 95%!!! so you can buy one if you like. It's in French (which was the point, there's NO French children book about homebirth)
http://www.viewdocsonline.com/document/dz8qyj and here's an exerpt (spelling?) of it, so you can see the beggining so more image. I did the illustration AND the conception. I'm pretty proud of myself, I should say!
So there you go, the reason why I've been absent and neglecting.... Hope the mods do not see that as fishing... else tell me and I'll remove this Smiley

Class: Apparition
House: Griffindors!
Name: Grandmas' watercolors
Desc: You might remember we moved away from our family, and we really, really long to move back there... I went with the kids on Mother's day and those paintings (one for my mom and one for in MIL) represents well our desire to be there as often as we can! (I should say it's a 4h drive) Both says "Best Moms gets promoted to Grandmas/Mamie".

Class:Herborlogy
House: GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!
Name: Salute the Sun!!
Desc: My whole day is better off started with a nice Sun Salutation. I made myself this little reminder that now decorate the wall of my kitchen!

Class: HoM
House: Griffindor
Name: Beltane Crown
Link:http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Andreann/wildflower-crown
Desc: Made for our little Beltane dance.

Class: Divination
House: Grifindor
Name: Birthday crown for Victor
Link:http://demilunes.co/2014/04/29/les-couronnes-de-fete
Desc: My boy will turn ONE next month. I know, so fast!!! And like I do for little ones that I love, I made him his very own crown, but I had to wait for the inspiration to strike... What to put on it??? While gazzing into the sky I saw squirrels and accorns and had this "ahAH!" moment. At the appartement were I gave birth, there was 4 giant old oaks in the yard so it was always full of accorn. And on the same day -true! not even making up a story there!- I saw a onesie on pinterest with an accorn on it saying "I will be mighty!" Well, this big guys surely will!

Challenge: DA- Patronus
Spew: Yay!!!
House: still a Lion
Name: Cuddle Doll
Desc: The House of Birth (Huh English term, it's Maison des Naissances in French) where I had my first 2 kids holds an annual brunch on mother's day to raise a little bit of funds for its commitee, so I gave away one of my dolls for them to giveaway. The mother that won it was very happy and grateful (and her belly was HUGE! Cheesy ) Thanks for putting up this challenge. It was worth the 4h drive!

phew. That's it for now. I don't beleive I'll be able to count Quidditch this weekend, but maybe this week.

Erin, that hoopla is lots of fun! I love the color you used
Noodle-bug and Jellybean, those hats are SO cute!
midkiffsjoy... THOSE YARNS!!! Yum!!!
Audiana...my daughter would be jealous of Elsa's dress. In fact I'm overdue in making one... The sauna sign made me laugh!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014 07:35:29 PM by Mamaneedles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Naantje
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2014 06:38:39 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
SPEW:N/A
House:Slytherin
Project Name: A brood of three
Brief Description:
Woops, I'm afraid I need a bit more practice for the Avifors spell! Instead of a flock of birds, I conjured a nest of eggs. Sure, the'll become birds eventually, but not quite the desired effect.

I made this bird's nest pendant for my mother-in-law, for mother's day, as I had made one for my own mother too. She was really pleased with it Smiley
Project Picture:

Speaking of pleased mothers: here's a bonus picture of my own mother wearing her bird's nest today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2014 01:34:49 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Book storage
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433197.msg5196397#msg5196397
Brief Description: This was crafted for the Harry Potter Box Swap, but now that my partner has received, I can share here. A pile of books that looks like books, but is actually a storage container - the bottom book has a little drawer that pulls out and the top book opens up.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #437 on: May 18, 2014 06:38:02 PM »

Oh WOW!  I LOVE all the projects!  So much inspiration!  I don't have the energy to post on each one, but please know that I'm admiring everything SO much!  I thin kI have the Huffle Common Room up to dat, but please msg me if I missed anything.  My husband and I were just saying to each other to day how we're glad the weekend is finally over so we can relax a little.  How sad it that? LOL! 

I've been doing a TON of decluttering here, and I cleaned out the fridge a couple of weeks ago (it was truly frightening - think Ghostbusters, LOL!) but I launched into this stuff with a little thing here or there and then got sucked into doing it "Whole hog" as they say, so I don't have before pictures and can't count them as Muggle Studies.  Argh!  Be that as it may, my whole house is feeling better and I can't wait to get rid of even more! Smiley  Maybe I'll even get to do some crafting!  I'm all fired up to make stuff after seeing all the new projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Ewulotta
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2014 03:09:22 AM »

Oh my, I so love the watercolour paintings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: May 19, 2014 09:27:20 AM »

Mistress Jennie The porch looks fantastic! The syrup and Sangria looks delicious! And the sewing kits are such an awesome graduation present!
BringMeKnitting8 The hooplas are so cute! I love the Catbug one, Dramabug is my favorite episode and you recreated perfectly!
ErinAquaheart The hoop is adorable, I love all the buttons! And the mask looks great!
Mamaneedles The watercolors are lovely! The crowns are cute and the doll is adorable!
Naantje The birds nest is beautiful! I love the color of the eggs!
seeuudee Those books look awesome! And I love that they are storage too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Book: The Anatomy of Dreams
Diane Von Furstenberg on Learning
Diane Von Furstenberg on Taking Risks
Sonia Choquette: From Humbled to Healed
From The Archives: Best-Selling Authors
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...