A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 74461 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2014 05:49:01 PM »

:: runs to tickle the pear on the portrait to the kitchens and beg the house elves for ritzy rolo treats!::

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2014 10:00:23 AM »

noodle-bug The badge is great and the drawings are lovely!
pottermouth The lion and spool boy are so cute! I love how spooky the house looks, the bats and cobwebs finish it off perfectly! And the hoopla is adorable!
ladychris2010 I love the pattern for the tablet case and getting anything clean with a kid is a HUGE accomplishment!
tiamatfire The eggs look awesome and the washcloth is a great idea. Someone in need will really appreciate it. And your kids are so adorable especially in those cute sweaters!!!
midkiffsjoy The pig pen looks great and that floss looks fantastic! I love all the colors!
rockmygypsysoul Wow! Youve been busy! I love the paintings especially the pink trees! It reminds me of cherry blossoms in some of the anime Ive watched.
gaudiknight Yum! Those look delicious!

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2014 03:48:32 AM »

Here's my overdue assignments return:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Gryffindor *Quidditch: bludger to
Project Name: A dress full of fairies
Brief Description: Found this fabric some time ago, perfect for my little girl but couldn't decide on how to make the dress with it. We are studying fairies a lot right now!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Our playroom
Brief Description: I guess I don't really need to tell you why this room was a mess.... But, in complement to just pick up the toys, I've also moved the furniture around a bit.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Natural Homebirth Book
Brief Description: A friend of mine wrote a book about homebirth, and asked me to illustrate it. This is one of the 30-ish illustrations I made. We are not quite ready to publish, but very close!! It's actually what's keeping me out of the board...
Project Picture:

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2014 12:07:50 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: April Detention/Quidditch bludger to Slytherin
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Altered Puzzle Frame
Brief Description: I just finished up a Altered Puzzle swap and to display my newly decorated puzzle, I took an old frame that I had, removed the glass, and added the puzzle to it. I also added some ribbon bows I made to the corners.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014 12:38:11 PM by sammylouise40 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2014 07:21:02 PM »

Sammylouise40- That is the neatest puzzle.  AnnoyingLittleSister LOVES Hello Kitty.  Smiley 

Maman Tattoo- She LOVES that dress!!!! Smiley  I LOVE your illustration!!!!  I've had two HBa2Cs and they were the most incredibly healing events of my life.  Smiley  The book your friend is writing is so blessed to have your illustrations.  It's going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! Cheesy

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2014 08:16:51 PM »

Inselaeffchen- Im going back through all the pages of projects I've missed (I've missed a lot) and I just saw YOU MADE OUTFITS FOR AN ADIPOSE DOLL!!!!!!  OMG THAT'S SO COOL!!!!!  Okay..... I just had to have a fan girl moment. Smiley

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2014 07:38:10 AM »

I've been a delinquent student this semester, it's been three weeks since my last post...  Everyone has been doing amazing work, it's so inspirational to come on here and see what's new!  Naantje, I LOVE that bird's nest pendant!  noodle-bug, fantastic embroidery (as always) on the Hermione hoop, and your line drawings turned out really well!  Moonflame, that drunken bee puff made me giggle.  Smiley  margaron, congrats on finishing the snuggie!  Pottermouth, your juggling lion is adorable, he looks so sweet!  midkiffsjoy, the embroidery floss turned out AMAZING.  Shocked  rockmygypsysoul, your paintings are wonderful!  I especially like the Mums one, and the story behind it.  Smiley

I have some projects of my own to post, as well.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy class
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Phone Time Doodles
Brief Description: Part of my job as a purchaser in a pharmacy is to find alternate ways to fill our patients' orders if the drug they want is out of stock.  This involves a lot of calls to our backup pharmacies, which are mostly Walgreens.  This, in turn, involves a lot of time on hold.  (I've learned that the automated message "Your call will be the next call answered" is a good sign, "There is one caller ahead of you" is a bad sign, and "We will be with you shortly" means there are a lot of other people on hold too and you'd be better off just hanging up and calling back in ten minutes.)  To keep myself from getting really frustrated with all that wasted time waiting for someone to pick up the phone I started drawing pictures.  I only allowed myself to work on these while on hold, and I drew on things that were destined for the recycle bin.  These are two of my efforts to turn wasted time and materials into stress relief and happy artwork.
Project Picture:

(drawn on cardboard with highlighters and colored markers)

(colored pens on a piece of scrap paper)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms class
Project Name: Fairy Garden Altoid Tin
Project Page Link: Ra...
Brief Description: I made this for my partner in the Dreaming of Spring swap.  I used multiple techniques to complete it, including painting, polymer clay work, and a bit of woodcarving.
Project Picture:

Inside (with flip-down path)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic class
Project Name: Paper-Pieced Lamb
Project Page Link: Ra...
Brief Description: Traditionally, the violet flower is associated with innocence and purity, as well as the renewal of spring.  I made this paper-pieced mini art quilt featuring a pure white baby sheep on a violet-colored background for my partner in the Dreaming of Spring swap.  I came up with the pattern myself based on a picture of a lamb on my partner's Pinterest.  For my first time paper piecing I think it turned out pretty well.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies class
Project Name: Panic Cleaning
Brief Description: Nothing motivates one to clean like an impending visit from the in-laws, and most of my girlfriend's family (parents, sister, brother, sis-in-law, and nephew) stopped by the other day on their way to Florida to drop off her brother's dog so we could puppy-sit.  I was especially anxious to get everything straightened up because some of the family had already seen the house in a pretty embarrassing state (not quite as bad as the "Before" picture, but still cluttered) and I wanted to redeem myself.
Project Picture:

After (the cat dishes on the plastic lid are a temporary installation, they belong in the kitchen but that's where the dog is, behind that puppy gate)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions class
Project Name: Blown Glass Ornament
Project Page Link: Ravenclaw!
Brief Description: This was a complicated project, and while it didn't really use luxury materials, it did require tools and equipment that you can't just pick up from your local craft store.  I made this ornament during a beginner's glassblowing class at Franklin Glassblowing Studio.
Project Picture:

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2014 02:25:40 PM »

The altered puzzle is super great - and i always live your watercolours mamat; will we get to see more of the illustrations?

Challenge; envelope glue bean
House; ravenclaw
Project; more epp!
English paper piecing is all about wrapping paper shapes in fabric

Class; charms
House: ravenclaw
Project; tm patches for swap partner 1
These patches use both embroidery and stamping to decorate them

Class; flying
House; ravenclaw
Project; tm patches for swap partner 2
Owls fly silently - so i headed up to the owlery to study their technique :-)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014 03:44:00 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2014 11:30:50 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello friends!  I'm sure you all think I've abandoned you.  I assure you, that is not the case.  I've been commuting from Franklin, TN to Bowling Green, KY for work, and it's been hell.  (1.5 hours each way.)  Thankfully this is my last week of doing so!  Therefore you shall have me back to tally House Points, and update Challenges very soon.  Hopefully before Monday.  (I'm also doing an epic cleaning of our new house, in order to throw a Housewarming Party this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some projects to post from that too.  And, in more good news, not only will I not be commuting, but I'll now be working from home, giving me more time to dedicate to the HPC in future.  Thank you all for being so patient with me during this past semester.  I appreciate it more than you know.   Kiss

Brief Description: ...I made this ornament during a beginner's glassblowing class at Franklin Glassblowing Studio.

Magpirate, I'm so jealous!  I've wanted to take that class, as I saw it on living social.  Did you enjoy it?  Would you recommend it?  I was also thinking of taking the Encaustic Collage Painting class at O'Moore College of Design, but it's during my Housewarming party.  Sad  Have you ever taken any classes there?  Also, I think I've found another member for our Crafternoons group!  Hope to plan the first one for mid May if you're still up for it!

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2014 02:40:56 PM »

Fly by post with broom tail on fire!

Class: MS
SPEW: n/a Still working up baby hats.
Project Name: Please Don't Fall On Me and Squash Me Dead When I Open You
Brief Description: MS was the kick in the cauldron that I needed to tackle our school closet. Or Closet of Doom, whatever.

Before. Oh my, this is embarrassing.

After. Three trash bags and two donation boxes later.

And while the closet of doom preoccupied me for 2 hours, Natural Disaster #1 joined forces with Natural Disaster #2 and annihilated their room. The ability to do this in a speck of time still perplexes me.

Before. Hold on to something.

After. One trash bag and several donation boxes later. But we had fun constructing a Lincoln Log Fortress before bed.

Class: Astronomy
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Mini Circus Art Cards
Brief Description: At one point in my life I drew and painted daily, and even if the results were less-than-pleasing, I was never uncomfortable with my art. The pen, pencil, and paints have taken a backseat along with my confidence, so I chose to make matchbox sized mini cards in hopes of feeling more secure with my art. The tiny cards were cut from watercolour or black ATC paper and I went nuts with acrylics, pens, pencils, markers, inks, etc. Of course I had to incorporate paper images in there somewhere, but at least I felt good about the aspects that I did draw.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014 02:49:56 PM by pottermouth - Reason: Ravenclaw. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Saint Jude Film
T.C. Boyle on Incorporating Environmentalism in Art
Looking Under the Surface of a Renoir Masterpiece
‘I Am 8-Bit’ Art Show Opening 2008
The Comics Run: Justice League Number 6
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...