A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 50363 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jellybean89
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2014 03:49:23 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Sugared Violet
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: La Mode Shawl
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For the sugared violet bean, I crocheted a shawl using a Victorian era pattern found in the La Mode Winter Book found here (published in 1862). I added a few rows and left off the fringe and tassels.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BringMeKnitting8
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2014 07:32:44 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Bots mini challenge (sugared violets)
SPEW: n/a
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sweet Violets Pin
Project Page Link (if available):http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kayovel/teeny-tiny-crochet-flowers
Brief Description: This little pin, inspired the African violet sitting on my windowsill is both my favorite shade of purple and has incorporated some little bobbles from my childhood, mystical little metallic bits that invoke thoughts of lace and buttresses.
Project Picture:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kayovel/13279490813/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014 10:28:20 AM by pinkleo - Reason: revealed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2014 07:46:00 PM »

Hello all you lovely new people, it's so exciting to have you here!

midkiffsjoy, that bone hook is a.ma.zing. Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
WhistleFish
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2014 09:32:44 PM »

Hey there fellow HPCers! Gryffindor Tower, Muggle Studies Classroom, and History of Magic Classroom are now all updated! I've done a lot of thinking and sadly, I won't be commenting on everything/everyone this semester. I'll still be here lurking about so don't you worry...real life is just taking up a lot of time lately. (And I started my blog up again and that takes up a lot of internet time. Lol.) I will make one comment for now, though:

Acadian Driftwood
- Your wallets are amazing!!! I am in love with the yellow/gray ones. (The green ones too!)

Now for some homework to turn in!

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Harriet's House!
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: We recently got a new rat - Harriet! I made her a little cozy house. I made the pattern up as I went a long and decided to study a bit of Arithmancy by starting off with a circle of EIGHT stitches then went from there. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Personalized Toddler Pillow
Project Page Link: On my blog
Brief Description: My little baby Bean got her very first big girl pillow...perfect to give her lots of comfort while she's cuddled in bed.
Project Picture:

Well...I thought I had a lot more to turn in but now that I think about it, I haven't taken pictures of anything. Lol. Perhaps this weekend then. Hope you're all well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2014 10:33:21 AM »

~*Welcome to Hogwarts BringMeKnitting8*~

...I've done a lot of thinking and sadly, I won't be commenting on everything/everyone this semester. I'll still be here lurking about so don't you worry...real life is just taking up a lot of time lately. (And I started my blog up again and that takes up a lot of internet time. Lol.)
@WhistleFish: Do not even fret upon not commenting on everyone's projects.  We are a busy, easy-going, & understanding bunch.

To Everyone: We are a chatty bunch.  Don't let this intimidate or prevent you from posting.  Think of the HPC like stopping into the Three Broomsticks.  Pop in and chat about what's going on at the moment.  No one will be offended if you "skip" their projects during commenting.  We are all here to have fun and explore our crafty magic.  So grab a butterbeer, jump in, and have fun! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2014 01:26:18 PM »

Hey everyone! I've finally got projects photographed and ready to turn in. I do apologize because it's a lot of crafts and, therefore, a lot of pictures.

Class: Astronomy
Spew: none
Title: Blackberry jam
Link: none I got it from the Food in Jars book
Description: I chose to take something negative and turn it into a positive. While most of the U.S. is still experiencing snow storms, we have been in a severe drought. The month of January usually has an average of 10 inches of rain. This year we had 1 inch. Its rather depressing that we have had no Winter to speak of.  That said, no frost has hit and blackberries have been continuing to ripen and grow! I decided to make some yummy blackberry jam when I saw that packages of blackberries were on sale for $1.25!! I couldnt pass it up so I bought ALL the packages!! lol. I bought some to make a double batch of jam, some to freeze and some to eat (my kids can eat like a package a piece a day. Seriously.) The recipe was for a blackberry and sage jam, but there is no sage to be found. Sad

Class: Charms
Title: Calzones
Link: I got it from the book Disneys the Magic Kitchen Cookbook
Description: My daughters and I made these together the other night. It took a bit of time (they are only 4 and 7) but it was a lot of fun. This book is specifically for helping get kids cooking in the kitchen and its wonderful!! I believe this falls under Charms because the two different techniques used are the prep/cooking/baking and keeping the other eye on my kids so they dont turn the kitchen into a demolition zone!!

Class/Challenge: Lessons with Harry, Disarming catch-up
Title: Craft clean kaboom!!
Link:
Description: I cleaned the crap out of my crafting space. I live in a tiny apartment with my husband, two kiddos and my dog. My crafting space is literally 3 feet of space between the kitchen and dining area so when its not clean it looks horrible. Now I can actually sew in my space again instead of moving my machine to the kids foldable table in the living room!!! Yay! lol
here's the before:

And here's the after!! Yay!!

Class: Arithmancy
Title: Green dinosaur tales
Link: Got the tutorial here:
Description: I took the meaning of the number 8, love and friendship, and made these tails for my friend Danielle. Its been a long time since we have physically seen each other but I miss her and we are still very close. Because I love her, I want for her son to have a rockin dino party that I can help with from far away. This is the green batch.

Class: Divination
Title: Blue dinosaur tales
Link: http://www.running-w-scissors.com/2011/03/dinosaur-tails.html#.UytG4fRdV68
Description: I looked up at the clouds and saw dragons and dinosaurs!  I crafted tales in blue for the sky color. Here is the batch of 4 blue dinosaur tales.

Class: D.A.D.A.
Title: Yellow dinosaur tales
Link: http://www.running-w-scissors.com/2011/03/dinosaur-tails.html#.UytG4fRdV68
Description: When my husband was in the Marines, we lived over on the East coast and made great friends with another couple. The military being what it is, we all eventually moved away from each other and, sadly, have not ever gotten to meet each others children. Well, their oldest son is turning 3 and he is having a dinosaur themed party in a few weeks. While we are not able to go, we are planning a trip out there over the summer and I hope that he will enjoy these party gifts and remember that I made them with love for him. These are the four yellow tales I made for the party. In all, I made 12 tales.

Class: Apparition
Title: Bows for little dino-girls
Link: I did a major downscale version of these: http://seekatesew.com/big-huge-pink-bow-tutorial/
Description: These bows make me think of Minnie Mouse! This January, we made a trip to Disneyland and my daughters loved it. Now we are currently saving for a super magical trip to Disney World!!  I made bows to pin on the tails of the little dinosaur girls at the birthday party, but I am definitely going to make some more for my girls because they are also super cute hair accessories.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2014 01:49:51 PM »

Wowzers Audania!  You've been busy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2014 01:57:43 PM »

~*Congratulations Audania*1~
~*You are the first to earn the Astronomy Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness pinkleo*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

~*All Spring 2014 Class Badges Have Been Revealed*~

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2014 05:37:51 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Bertie Bott's Beans
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.) n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Victorian ATC shrine
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) For a Victorian Creation, I took an old box and glued music from that era on it and very old lace bits. I put a tiny stand inside and it features "my current favorite ATC" which will change whenever. Currently it is my Valentine ATC made Acadian Driftwood.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
tiamatfire
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2014 07:44:56 PM »

Hi everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't been on, but I have a good excuse...

This is our newest addition, his name is Sam!  I will put up a picture of him in a few of the projects I made soon.  I'm hoping to be back crafting shortly!  He was born on March 9th so I haven't had any real opportunity yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Laminated Service Lists
How to Make Furry Inch Worms for Kids
How to Make a Baby-Proof Photo Ring
How to Make Handmade Dolls
How to Make Applique Baby Bibs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...