A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,803
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 74884 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2014 02:02:47 PM »

A really cool thing I discovered (and forgot to mention in my post) when I googled Petunia was that her maiden name is Evans.  She and Lily were both an Evans.  My second husband's grandmother was a Welsh WWII war bride whose maiden name was Evans.  That makes AnnoyingLittleSister cousins with Harry Potter!!!!  LOL!!! Cheesy  That is just SO COOL!!!  She's a VERY happy 4yo. Smiley

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2014 02:49:01 PM »

Welcome to Slytherin samash90! We are very glad to have you. Just to make sure things are clear, you may only have one OWL and one NEWT in progress at a time. Parts of your proposal are written as if you are talking about two OWLs.

Thank you for the welcome DragonChilde. It is only one OWL /one project , it just happened to meet both options , so i wasn't sure weather to say both or pick one. thank you for pointing it out , il try to be clearer next time Smiley

Thanks for the welcome Erinaquaheart Smiley

me 2 badwolf hopefully i get there

I love the colours in the dishcloth pinkleo

thanks for having me everyone (i apologize in advance as i am a chatterbox)
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2014 08:00:57 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic/Quidditch: Hit a Bludger
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Blackberry Soap Saver
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) The Blackberry symbolizes Healing, protection and money.  I chose the Blackberry stitch for this little scrap-buster for the user to use to help visualize healing energy as they scrub-a-dub-dub their aches away in the tub. 

It could also be used to visualize being showered with riches or for sudsy visual aids during protection spells.

For the Quidditch match: The yarn is Lily Sugar&cream left over from my Swiffer pads made ages ago.

Project Picture:

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2014 08:09:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Bott Sugared Violet
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: Origami Elephant
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:In Victorian times elephants were very popular, so I made a purple Origami elephant.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014 08:30:48 PM by AnnoyingLittleBrother » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2014 10:20:18 PM »

Huge batch of comments coming up
noodle-bug~ That is a really cute card. Great unexpected color for the zebra. I love the Pi hat! It looks really cozy.
pinkleo~ Great square, as always. SPEW work is a fantastic way to start the term. I really like the colors for your spring clean cloth and the baby block. Beautiful ghan. It looks wonderfully eclectic. Lovely baby hats, awesome colors. That dishcloth sure does remind me of Petunia.
BadWolf314~ Yay completed OWL. It looks fantastic! I can't wait for the bean bag chair. That chair looks great so far. A Pi pie! *squeeeee* It warms my nerdy heart. I really like your mosaic violet. The sparkly bits are wonderful.
Acadian Driftwood~ Lovely purse. Yet another organized craft room. It looks great! Yay completed OWL! The wallets all turned out great. I especially like the green and brown ones.
Nicajeanie~ Beautiful square, the colors are fantastic.
coulsenl~ Wonderful twitterpated piece. Great use of buttons. Cute flower drawing. Great bird drawings.  What did you use to get the gold color for your phoenix?
Magpirate~ Fantastic cushion. I love the colors.
Ant Bee~ Its good to see you, you were missed last term. Adorable knigtly hat. That soap saver looks fantastic. I adore the colors.
ErinAquaheart~ Great paintings! Your DapperApple Hamlet made me laugh. Fantastic wood texture as well. Happy belated birthday! Beautiful washcloths, the colors are stunning. It looks like you had lots of fun with your bug doodles, they are adorable. Cute drop necklace, Im glad you got it to hang the way you wanted it to. It is really frusterating when necklaces dont hang the way you want then to. That baby blanket looks great! I cant believe you finished it in three days. Awesome custom not-converse. Fantastic Violet fairy! She looks positively magical. Cute giraffe! I really like the colored animal paintings you have been doing lately.
pottermouth~ That French Toast sounds delish. We like to go to the bakery up the street and get European cinnamon swirl bread for French Toast. That is a very cute hippogriff. I think I will have to make one at some point. Thanks so much for the pattern and tute.
rockmygypysoul~ Lovely paining, I adore the texture and colors.
TechnicolorAquahearts~ Fantastic bear painting, I love the tree. Yay for a clean art desk!
gaudiknight~ That is a really cute little sweater. That dress came together quite nicely.
sammylouise40~ That sugared violet looks wonderful. I cant believe that the sand ended up looking so much like sugar. Lovely forget-me-not maiden. Forget-me-nots are some of my favorite flowers. I like the cake charm, it looks fiery hot. A picture frame glass is a great idea for a clay board!
magaron~ Your OWL looks to be coming along swimmingly, I cant wait to see the finished product.
Moonflame~ Yay OWL progress. I bet it is going to look fantastic! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those arm warmers. The colors are fantastic.
blupaisan~ Lovely cuff bracelets, I agree with Audania1 that they have an Alice in Wonderland vibe. Cute scissor earrings.
seeuudee~ Those are fantastic wings! I really like the fabric that you used.
MamanTattoo~ Your NEWT looks fantastic!
netchez~ That dream catcher square truly is lovely.
midkiffsjoy~ Fantastic bone hook, it looks well crafted. How did the hide tanning go? This summer I hope to figure out how to tan the hides of our rabbits.
AnnoyingBigSister~ That is a really cute Espeon.
sanash90~ Im pretty sure it is alright for you to do both options in one OWL (or to pick just one option), the wording just threw me off a bit.
AnnoyingLittleBrother~ Great looking origami elephant!

*phew* now I'm caught up with comments (the common room still isn't updated yet, but I hope to get to that tomorrow). I'm hitting the real crunch time for my classes so I may be popping in often as a bit of stress relief (and perhaps some procraftinating).

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2014 09:12:30 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Apparition
Project Name:Dressing up (SHHhhhhh... LV Swap item)
Brief Description:I always wanted to travel to the Middle East - and this item of clothing was created in view of this. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name:Something Scottish (SHHhhhhh... LV Swap item)
Brief Description: Typical Scottish, and I've used 4 colours ... as for pattern... mmmh... guess work? Wink
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014 02:55:24 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2014 09:30:39 AM »

Thank you to everyone who liked my Espeon! BadWolf314, I completely agree with you! Espeon is DEFINITELY adorable!!! Cheesy  I LOVE the Eevee Clan! They'r all so CUTE!!! {fangirl squeal}  Cheesy  I have a AWESOME idea for Flying class! Hint, it's a original Eeveelution!!!  ErinAquaheart, I LOVE your Violet Fairy painting. It looks AMAZING!! And thank you! 
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2014 12:36:08 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available): DADA option 2
Project Name: Umbridge's Knitted Afghan
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)
For my OWL I am going to knit an afghan inspired by Professor Umbridge. I will be using multiple shades of pink for each square and I will be using red for any charted designs I choose to add to them.
My time frame for this is as follows:
Week 1: Chart out each square, determine how many I need, and make swatches to determine gage as I will be using lots of different brands of yarn, so I will be making a swatch for each ball of yarn to ensure uniformity in size.
Week 2: start knitting the plain squares.
Week 3: Continue with the plain squares and hopefully finish those ones.
Week 4: Start on the squares that will include intarsia designs.
Week 5: Start on the squares that will have fair isle designs.
Week 6 & 7: Finish the squares.
Week 8: Block the squares.
Week 9: Join the squares (the most tedious part).

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431803.0#ixzz2wRDHp37R

Knitted Gifts in 2014: 17

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2014 03:20:04 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying class
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name: Aireon portrait
Brief Description:  ''Katie,who is this?'' Madam Hooch said, giving the 3rd year Huffelpuff and the sky blue animal in front of her a piercing glare that would make Professor Snape afraid. ''Her name is Aireon, ma'm'' Katie said, fidgeting uncomfortably. '' Air.'' said Aireon.  ''Can it fly?'' ''Yes ma'm. She can.'' Aireon bent her front legs and large, white wings swept away from her body and she launched herself into the air.  She tipped one wing and she swept into a curve that would make a Firebolt green with envy. '' Awesome job Aireon!'' Katie said as Aireon landed. '' Air!'' said Aireon, happy. ''Good job.'' Madam Hooch said finally. She smiled at Aireon. '' She should be Seeker for Huffelpuff.'' ''Aireon!'' The Flying-type evolution of Eevee said, blushing.  ''Thank you Madam Hooch.'' Katie said. ''Air!''  So there you have it!!   Cheesy Has I hinted in my last post, Aireon is my own idea. I made up the name, I made up the fur shade and color, I made up just about everything about it!  Grin
Project Picture:
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2014 03:48:14 PM »

~*Congratulations Inselaeffchen*~
~*You are the first to earn the Apparition Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness pinkleo*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

~*Class Badge yet to be revealed: Astronomy*~

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Coleslaw Sandwich
How to make Pot Roast in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Pork Roast
How to make Boiled Peanuts
How to make Collard Greens
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...