A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 62852 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2014 07:57:01 AM »

image from google

Please head to the Quidditch Pitch to know how you can play this semester!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2014 08:19:51 AM »

You all started so strong!!! I must say the flying homework are stunning!!!! I will make one of the hyppogriph! And I'm a little late, but the theo's doll new suit is very lovely.

Badwulf, The lego quilt is so great! I know a little boy that would be over the moon to have it!
Antbee, that cap is to die for!! and the little model too!
Erin, the woodgrain of the bats are perfect!
Techni, I love how you put snow on the roses. Tattoo watercolor style is hard and you seems to master it! I LOVE it!
Moonflame... fabulus gloves! the color is so great.

Sorry not to comment on everyone....But now I'm up to date, at least!! Hi new students!!!

And here is my completed NEWT:
~*COMPLETED NEWT*~
NEWT Subject: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor (Quidditch score!)
Project Name: Winter coat, and mittens
Brief Description: I made a winter coat for my daughter using a wool blanket someone gave me some years ago, because it was red, and apparently, all red things are mine.
I also used a piece of fur I bought for a snow knight costume. I used a coat we found as the lining, so I save a huge amount of time in term of sewing and planning since I only made an outer shell with the blanket. With the remainings (both of fabric and newt-time) I made myself a pair of mittens! the inside of those are old sweater, so very comfy!
the label on the blanket said: Regent Fabric- Mothproofed- 1952 Cheesy
Project Picture:

and the mittens:

++++++++++

I have a question about last semester's giveaway. Do we have to draw the winners ourselves of you'll do it, Mistress Jennie?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
netchez
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2014 10:08:37 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Bean - sugar violet
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Victorian dream catcher square
Project Page Link:  http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/victorian_dream_square.php

Brief Description: I have always loved dream catchers and when the bean said to craft something inspired by the Victoria times well, it just came to me.  This was a different kind of crochet for me.  I had never done some of the stitches.  I am happy with the finished project.  I may make more of these and make a lapghan or maybe a pillow cover.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan
crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

aaaaaaah summer

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2014 11:28:07 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Pitch (10 from Gryffindor pls with bludger!)
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.) N/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Running With Scissors
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Time to dip into my old stash and repurpose something I was certain was entirely unusable. I bought a super cheap sewing set just for the mini spools of thread which I turn into long earrings of 5 spools each. Knowing the 2 cent scissors wouldn't cut butter, I let them hang around. Now I see they would make great (and safe) earrings!
So with some embroidery thread and beads, I made them. The inferior quality of the scissors showed themselves on day one, and promptly fell apart. Luckily, a friend found a missing bit on her rug and I was able to reconstruct. Some E6000 took care of it all. I will wear them to work tonite.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
stillatthetop
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2014 01:13:19 PM »

My word. I thought I was the only crazy one in the bunch...but you just set my bar higher  Grin
I shop for fishing lures for earrings  Cheesy And anything else I see the right size that is weird.
I really like the scissors. They are cute! Great job with those.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" fabric scraps for an iSpy quilt similar to this
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2014 01:57:23 PM »

blu, I love those key cuffs! I also thought of a kind of steampunk Alice in Wonderland. Cheesy

seeuudee, you look fantastic, and those wings are amazing!! How are they attached to your corset/harness?

MT, that's a great looking coat. I love the shape!

~*COMPLETED OWL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option
: Potions (option 1)
House: Hufflepuff
Quidditch: *bludger to Slytherin*
Project Name: 4 elements wallet collection
Project Page Link: not yet, but I may post some of them separately later
Brief Description: I kind of wish I had proposed this as an Alchemy OWL, but I had no idea it would go in this direction! I had finished the green, blue, and red patchwork pieces before I realized that I only needed a yellow one to complete the 4 elements. I had a great time playing with all the colors and patterns. Also, I managed to use only stash fabric for the first three elements, and only bought 1 piece of grey and 1 of yellow for the last batch.

Original goal: 20
Final count: 23
7 large wallets, 8 medium, 4 business card size, 4 zipper pouches.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Moonflame
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2014 02:39:13 PM »

Pinkleo  I LOVE that 'ghan!  I really want to make one with back edging/stripping like that.  They make me think of stained glass and are sooo pretty!

Blupaisan  AWESOME cuffs!  And those earrings are so fun!  What a great way to show off your craftaliciousness!  Grin

Seeuudee  WELCOME to Hufflepuff!!  Those Fairy Wings are FAB!!!  That Steampunk Ball must have been a blast! Smiley

MamanTattoo  Your coat turned out SOOOO COOOOOOOL!  It makes me think of this book. Smiley

Netchez  Ooh!  I love that square!  It's lovely!

Acadian Driftwood Your O.W.L. wallets are AMAZING!  What a lot of work!  They are gorgeous!  Is the bird a stamp?  I <3 it SO MUCH!

I really like the new Quidditch rules.  I'm going to have to craft something up. ^_^
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014 02:46:30 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2014 03:32:06 PM »

::Deputy Headmistress Jennie's head breaks the surface of the water, and she bobs up and down a moment, blinking rather stupidly.::
How the heck did I end up in the Black Lake?  I remember using my wand to help with the packing of boxes.  I know I *arrived* at my new home in one piece...  But the rest is a bit of a blur...  It sure felt like drowning at some points though..

Anyway, this is just a quick run-by posting to let you all know that I'm alive and well.  The move was much bigger than I thought it would be, even with a gaggle of friends who came out of the woodwork last weekend to help unload our truck to a *second floor* apartment!  I spent several days unpacking (still not done!) and setting up my new craft room, so I could get some work done for my Etsy shop before I have to go back to work.  Today DH & I drove up to the old house to finish emptying it out, and cleaning it.  (I feel disgusting, and am about to hop in the shower.  With a beer.  Seriously, shower-beer is a miracle.)  Meanwhile, our router seems to be dying, so I can only get occasional internet access, when it decides to be my friend.  DH will be home with me tomorrow, and he's a wizard at keeping it running, so I hope to get some HPC stuff taken care of then.  Look forward to the Prize Drawings, at the very least!  I *hope* (::crosses fingers::) to have the next step in the Join the DA Challenge up as well, though it may not get up till Monday.

I have a question about last semester's giveaway. Do we have to draw the winners ourselves of you'll do it, Mistress Jennie?

I'll be doing the drawing tomorrow morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2014 06:27:40 PM »

Challenge: Bean - Sugared Violet
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Petunias
Petunia Dursley is named after the flower so I drew some. The black flower is a newly discovered type of petunia, and it reminded me of a sort of mourning flower from Victorian times. It's hard to see in the photo, but I sewed around the outline of each of the flowers.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2014 06:33:23 PM »

In no particular order...

seeuudee - Those wings are amazing!  I love the gears at the joints to give the impression they're mechanically operated.

mamantatoo - That coat looks really warm, and your model is adorable in it.  But I've got to admit my favorite part is the pair of mittens.  What a great way to showcase the labels.

Accadian Driftwood - Congrats on finishing your OWL!  That was really smart to break it into smaller pieces like that.  I love all the color combinations, especially the green and brown.  Yay DeStashing!

netchez - What a pretty granny-square!

blupaisan - Those earings are awesome.  What a great use for those weird little things that come in sewing packets.

pinkleo - What a happy scrappy afghan!  And never apologize for cats - they are an integral part of the crafting process (or so they seem to think)

moonflame - I am in awe of those armwarmers!  The colors work really well with that pattern.

I am rather intrigued by the Quidditch project themes, since I am trying my hardest to only craft from stash this year, but am a little baffled about how the whole process works.    Please excuse my future flailings in that department.  There was a reason I was never picked first in gym class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Compose a Great Photograph
How to Use Lighting to Take Great Photos
How to Photograph Stamping Projects
Cindy Sherman at Metro Pictures
Wedding Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...