A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Pieces, Round 8; Sign ups to 3/10; Final Send out 04/14  (Read 9504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2014 06:54:17 AM »

I have four to go. Mine should send by Friday. The 14th {Monday} is Passover...I don't know if they close the post office for that.

So here is the Tina School of Hard Knocks 101, and what I have learned in this process. For anyone interested in knowing.

#1 Never bite off more than you can chew. I joined a double. And this is my first puzzle swap. What was I thinking??? But I have kept good track of everything.

#2 Expect to learn things that you never imagined. Some of the themes are really interesting. And have stretched me beyond my normal comfort zone.

#3 Keep good records, and everything all together. You guys packaged are on a cookie sheet on top of my fridge!
The followups...still to do... are in a separate box on my counter. And I have two lists that I am keeping track of things for. I had all the envelopes done ahead of time. As the addresses and pieces came in. And I made sure that all stayed in order.

This certainly has been a fun whirlwind. I have two silly monsters, and two mermaids to go. So, now I am down to the fun part. I grabbed the challenging ones first. Loteria...I caught the gallery, Mr. Buck. Your puzzle will be sweet!

My pieces are coming in...and so far they seem like they will match my idea for my puzzle.

So, happy puzzling...off to make some silly monster pieces. Oh, and I was actually dreaming puzzles when I woke up this morning. Let's say it together "obsession"!  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2014 10:32:45 PM »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm still alive!!! I'm working my fingers off  Grin I have to say Gala's theme has been hardest for me to start because I LOVE the show and there's too much I want to do for the pieces!! GAAHHHH!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014 10:33:49 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2014 09:46:54 AM »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm still alive!!! I'm working my fingers off  Grin I have to say Gala's theme has been hardest for me to start because I LOVE the show and there's too much I want to do for the pieces!! GAAHHHH!!!

I found gala_apples the easiest...just popped into my head and her pieces were done before all the others...and then I shipped them last. So sad. It's fun when the muse hits and so hard when she hides from us. good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
stillatthetop
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2014 11:07:10 PM »

Loteria! LA SIRENA! I love mermaids. Still trying to figure this one out for sure.
And I had to get my original mermaid shrunk at the copy place {printer died...new one to install soon}
But then I had to go back today...as they did not give me back my original newdie girl  Huh
Left on the copy machine  Roll Eyes But that is OK, as I also had her blown up to an 8 x 10 size for another project, in the mean time.

Got your stick bug ready...little cute monster girl. Just some dry time. And your sleepy panda to go for tomorrow.
And one more mermaid set. That member sent a combined pair, and said I could make it all into one. So she shall be floating on the beach. Over two pieces. A bit larger than Mr. Buck.

Did I mention that I love mermaids  Grin Yahha. I guess I did.

This certainly has been a happy challenge. I am using materials that I haven't played with in a while.
Mine will go out Saturday...I forgot that Friday is the Good Friday thing. Darn holidays. But post office should be open Saturday.

I want them all weighed and measured...so they get there well. And I have some internationals, too. They will be done and dried for the weekend.  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2014 10:17:54 AM »

Yay, all pieces sent and one set arrived home - off to post pics in the gallery.

Stillatthetop - every single post you do makes me smile - I just adore your sense of humour!  Grin I am so glad we got to swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2014 01:41:38 PM »

Yeah! I am glad somebody adores me. I am weird, but it a kindly way.
So sad that my postal mailbox was empty today.
I wanted to see more pieces...
My send outs will go this weekend.
I wish to remind members, that I can't post pictures.
Computer still giving me issues I can't afford to fix right now.
So any help I can get with this is truly appreciated.  Grin
I will be Johnny On The Spot with letting members know when I receive.
Then your prescious wonderworks can be placed in the gallery.
For other members to enjoy!  Tongue

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
donniesgirl
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2014 08:21:34 AM »

I plan to craft this weekend, after a trip to rent a longarm.  I have my ideas all written down - I just need to execute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sushipanda
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2014 11:33:07 PM »

Just checkin in.  I'm all done crafting!  Sending out my last set tomorrow to Canada. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2014 09:10:29 AM »

I received from sushipanda today....and ooooo pretty.
She of course included a panda for my nature theme, and also a really pretty butterfly piece.
She incorporated both of my themes of nature and texture.
They are brilliant. Off to PM her to see if she can post pics to the gallery  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2014 10:43:15 AM »

The gallery is looking great. Can't wait to see more. Very happy that the pieces I sent back are being received.  Cheesy

Also, if anyone wants to do a private trade, I have two more pieces for my puzzle that I was going to decorate myself but would be happy to send to someone else who has extra pieces in their puzzle they would like decorated. My theme is Kawaii so if your interested, PM me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Mosaic Pots
Quilting Tips and Techniques
How to Resize Quilt Blocks
Freestyle Piecing to Make Original Quilt Blocks
How to Make a Metallic Chevron Serving Tray
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...