A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cinderella chandelier  (Read 675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenleahlynn
« on: February 10, 2014 07:49:43 PM »

My 11 year old daughter is taking her little girl room and trying to make it more grown up. we gotten new pillows and blankets, and she asked for a chandelier  something with crystals and sparkle.....

we started with a garage sale lampshade, plain and a little dirty, but with a great shape. we loved how it flared out at the bottom ...

we stripped the fabric off, it basically shredded when i tugged on it. on a project like this, it's important to choose a shade with wire connecting the top and bottom rims. once it was down to bare wire, we flipped it upside down, and wrapped it with plastic pearls i purchased on a roll at a garage sale. i just kept wrapping until the roll was gone.

to finish it off, i sewed on white satin ribbon with beading that i had in my sewing stash. i had enough to go around the top, bottom, and strips on the sides. The larger crystals are christmas ornaments hanging on wire from the bottom of the frame. i looped more ribbon from the top to hang from the ceiling in her room near the existing can light. from it's humble beginings, it has become an elegant show piece. this lampshade is the belle of the ball!

the widest dimension is about 12 inches, so it is small enough to hang above her bed, and since she shares with her sisters, they are collecting beads and things to create chandeliers of their own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014 06:11:12 AM »

What a fun project to do with your girl! Did you add a light in it or is it more of a decoration? Either way, it's sparkly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
jenleahlynn
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014 10:24:49 AM »

for now it's a decoration. her room has recessed lights in the ceiling so this is hanging below it. i thought about attatching it directly to the celing, but i haven't figured out how to get in to change the bulb..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014 11:01:08 AM »

Very cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014 09:22:35 PM »

This is a really cute idea, maybe I should make a chandelier for my sewing room! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014 02:19:13 PM »

Thanks for entering!

Have you voted yet?  Today is the last day to cast your vote! Smiley  Visit the challenge thread and you'll see the voting poll at the top of the screen! Smiley

Feel free to encourage your friends and family to visit Craftster, and even vote for you, but please remember, only one vote per person.  You must be logged in to vote.

Good luck!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Helena Puck
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014 06:36:25 PM »

What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Tarfokasmam
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014 06:57:27 PM »

Не знаю, кого больше не любит средний израильтянин - арабов или набожных евреев. Если об арабах евреи-израильтяне говорят со злобой, то о набожных евреях - с откровенной ненавистью. Они-де ленивые, грязные, детей у них много, и в армии они не служат. Почему они не вкалывают, как все, не стараются разбогатеть? А израильские ортодоксы довольно бедны. Детей у них много - в среднем по восемь в семье. И тем не менее их дети не побираются, не хулиганят, не воруют. Их устраивает жить на скудное пособие и изучать Талмуд. Их представители в парламенте - кнессете - обычно заботятся о своих избирателях и не очень лезут в общие дела. http://srs-67.ru/stroitelstvo-karkasnogo-doma-konstruktsii-iz-lstk-byistrovozvodimyie-doma-videourok.html  Отношения государства и религии были установлены сразу после образования Израиля. А поскольку государство должно было стать еврейским, немало религиозных диктатов стало законом. Не только что геи не могут жениться (да и бог с ними) - но и пары разных конфессий. Еще хуже обстоит дело для тех сотен тысяч «не совсем евреев», которые приехали из бывшего СССР. Зачастую люди без четких религиозных взглядов не могут вступить в законный брак, потому что раввины не признают их евреями, а государство не венчает и не разводит. http://new-vse.ru
Средневековые обычаи действуют и поныне - если еврейка хочет развестись, она должна получить согласие мужа. А если нет согласия? Мужа запирают в тюрьму, пока он не согласится.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Linear Editing Basics in Final Cut Pro
Modern Horror: Mockumentary
How to Look Good on a TV Interview
Creating the Ideal Recording Environment
Watch, Pass, or Rent: The American & Going the Distance
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...