A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 308,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would you recommend this for a beginner?  (Read 2339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014 04:05:18 PM »

Looks great.
I must be the weird one out. I like ironing. Smiley fabric and quilts, not like... Clothes or anything.  Tongue

I myself would likely quilt in a simple straight line diagonal. Simple. Or maybe maremares wonky argyle. Smiley

(Unsolicited opinion... I hope you bind it with. Something striking and bold.  A white on red polka dot or something... It would be so fun)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
stillatthetop
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014 06:34:25 PM »

Another unsolicit reply...I vote for hot pink, or hunter green, but agree on the boldness of something and polka dots are always fun! Just a tiny dotty would be cute  Grin But it looks pretty as is. EmilyXOrange has a good eye for color matching, and blending the different fabrics. That is always my hardest decision with my quilts and piecework.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
EmilyXOrange
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014 06:57:34 PM »

I'm happy everybody likes it! I find the ironing part to be a a good break from sewing, but I'm pretty clumsy, and I can only burn myself so many times before I start to dislike the iron Tongue If I ever have a craft room, the first thing I do will be to set up an ironing board next to where I sew. I was thinking of using my scraps to make a scrappy binding, how do you guys think that would look? And I wish I could take credit for choosing the colors, but I actually used the Scrumptious line by Moda.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/EmilyXOrange2/

I'd love to do personal swaps Smiley
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014 07:32:20 PM »

Scrappy bindings are fun, waste not want not, Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
stillatthetop
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014 12:08:11 AM »

Scrappy could look good, too. I really think you did a great job, and it did not take you very long. I'm impressed!

They make a tiny iron that almost looks like a super small iron shape...about an inch wide. It works much like a curling iron for your hair would. With the handle like one of those.
Like this: http://www.donwei.com.tw/categories/mini_iron/DW-MI01.htm
Mine works great for the smaller seam works. Then I just hit it with the bigger iron when things are all constructed.
I forget where I got mine at...but there are other ones if you google 'mini iron'.

I'll send you band-aids in the mean time  Grin Just kidding.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...