A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink Atlas sewing machine foot pedal?  (Read 390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sunbala
« on: February 09, 2014 03:30:16 PM »

I purchased a sewing table at a thrift store and found a pink atlas sewing machine inside it. It is missing the foot pedal and I can't find where a petal would plug in. Does anyone have one of these and know where the foot pedal should attach? Anyone know where to get parts?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014 03:52:58 PM »

Google...there are wonderbars there. There should be a plate on the machine to help you locate what you need.
It will be a plate with numbers and letters for the model class you have. If it came in a wooden base, you probably need the knee pedal. Not an actual foot pedal. The knee pedals generally plug up underneath. If your machine can be pulled up and tilt back. You should find a port there. For the plug-insie. Looks like you found a superstar  Grin Those old machines are my workhorses. Feel free to PM me with other questions. Or just get my address and send this one to me  Cheesy Just kidding.

~T

Modify to add. You might already have the pedal underthere. It will be under the case on the right hand side. Sometimes that front panel on the furniture piece is hinged, and will open up. They didn't put knobs on them because it gets in the way of things. Give it a good pull. Hinges were usually to the left of the panel. So tug the right side. Also, there were manuals listed for this style/manufacturer listed in my Google search. That can help you with threading, or help you to know should you ever need additional parts. If your panel opens, you will also find a thread holder/supply holder there  Grin handy dandy. I think I dreamed about your machine. Now I want a pink one! Bakelite like yours. Very vintage...late 50's. You might also try an ebay search, to get an idea of the value. I will bet you scored big time on this wonderful find. Oh, and just noticing...you have a left handed machine! That probably pops the value double. Um...unless the picture just loaded in reverse.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014 04:39:41 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Metallic Fashion
Shakira: Steal Her Style
Sundance Festival Fashion
Demi Lovato Vs Miley Cyrus: Style Battle
Worst Dressed at Golden Globes...Ever?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...