A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Annies mitts with pattern  (Read 1116 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , fingerless_gloves  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 05, 2014 02:28:21 PM »

I know I know I have been MIA again, but I have a good excuse. I am 5 weeks and 20 contact hours from finishing grad school.

And I have had the best clinical supervisor. She has been amazing to me, and she is also resigning this week. She is an avid mountain climber so I wanted to make her some mitts to keep her wrists warm. To be honest I bought a pattern and I hated it. So I made up my own. And I am going to share it with you.

Now its my first pattern, and here might be (probably are) mistakes. If you have questions or suggestions let me know. And have fun.

Supplies
Sock weight yarn I used a 240 yard skein and had plenty left over
Size B hook
1 Stitch marker (or a paperclip)

Stitches
Slip stitch
Chain
Dc2tog, double crochet 2 together         
Dc3tog, double crochet 3 together

Chain 40 and join being careful not to turn

Left mitt
Row 1: Ch3, Dc2tog in 3rd chain from hook, *chain 1, skip 1 chain, Dc3tog in next chain *, repeat * to end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3.

Row 2: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, chain 3, Dc2tog in same space, *chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * to end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3

Row 3-6: repeat row 2

Row 7: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, chain 3, Dc2tog in same space, chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space, chain 6, skip 2 chain 1 spaces, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space, *chain 1, Dc3tog*, repeat * to end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3. This is the thumb hole.

Row 8: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, chain 3, Dc2tog in same space, chain 1,  Dc3tog in first chain, chain 1, Dc3tog in third chain, chain 1, Dc3tog in sixth chain, *chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * till end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3.

Rows 9-11: Repeat row 2

Row 12: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, chain 3, Dc2tog in same space, (chain 1,  skip 1 chain 1 space, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space), repeat ( ) 1 more time,*chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * till end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3.

Row 13: Repeat row 2

Row 14: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, chain 3, Dc2tog in same space, chain 1,  skip 1 chain 1 space, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space, ,*chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * till end, join with a slip stitch in chain 3. Cut yarn and fasten off.

Lay mitt flat with thumb hole to the right. Find and mark the center cluster.

Row 15: Beginning on the chain 1 space on either side of the marker- slip stitch to attach yarn, (chain 3, Dc2tog, chain 1, Dc3tog  in same space), *chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * to last chain 1 space, in last chain 1 space (Dc3tog chain 1, Dc3tog), do not join.

Row 16: Slip stitch to first chain 1 space, (chain3, dc2tog, chain 1, Dc3tog) in first chain 1 space, *chain 1, Dc3tog in next chain 1 space*, repeat * to last chain 1 space, in last chain 1 space (Dc3tog chain 1, Dc3tog), do not join, fasten off.

Weave in ends to finish.

Right Mitt
 Follow pattern rows 1-14. Lay mitt flat with thumb to left. Continue rows 15-16.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014 04:37:20 PM »

HI najaorama!  These mitts are fantastic!  I have tons of sock weight yarn about, and this is a perfect project for that stash.  Thanks for sharing! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robyn with a y
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014 05:13:48 PM »

Great Style.  I have a felted wool coat that I love (but my itchy wrists don't).  I will be making myself up a pair soon. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 5
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 6
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 1
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 2
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...