A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,649
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Keep Me Warm Round 3 Gallery  (Read 3678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014 06:08:09 AM »

Everything looks so good!!!

I can't take credit for the design of the orange tea towel - it came from Urban Threads.  Initially I wanted all of the quotes to look like that, but then I started playing with type and... you see the results, haha.  I'm so glad you liked everything!!  And really glad the honey made it over!  I didn't know that was one of those items, opps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2014 01:41:59 PM »

I love the way the fingerless gloves turn down where the fingers are.  I've never seen that style before.

Thanks!  I thought they were neat looking, and had been wanting to try the
pattern.  The yarn was wonderful to work with  Smiley
(Madelinetosh Vintage, in case anyone is interested)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014 01:47:51 PM »

I received my package from dharma_rebel today!  Fortunately, my son decided to shovel after school, the mailman left the package behind it.  I wonder how long the box would have sat hidden otherwise!

Sampling happened almost right away.  There's a slew of herbs in the "Evening in Missoula" blend.  Chamomile, rosehips, raspberry leaf, papaya leaf, peppermint, spearmint, strawberry leaf, vanilla, passionflower, red clover, star anise, wild cherry bark, damiana, horsetail, hyssop, lemon peel, plantain, wintergreen, lavender.  It's aromatic and so good!  The second is called Yogi Tea Radiance Blend, with cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns.  The final one is a Red Rooibos and lavender blend.  Interesting, I can't wait to try it!  The lid was so tight on this one, I needed a knife to pry it open and almost took my eye out! 

Dharma's practicing crochet and included a few projects.  A mug cozy and rug:

A headband:

And an awesome wool hood!!  I love the trim on it, the hood is huge (good for my dreads), and the colour (green) is perfect!!:

There was some press and seal tea bags that I forgot to take a photo of but was included in the package.  And finally, a tag that was too cute not to share:

*clap, clap, clap*

!!!

Thank you so much Rachel, I love it!  I'm glad we were finally able to get to a trade.
=)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Momof2!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014 01:48:23 PM »

Holy macaroni! I just mixed up a cup of the World Market "Mexicocoa" that geekgirl sent to me and it's the best cocoa I have ever had. So good that I had to get on here and tell everyone. MMMMM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need peg people for my daughter. Personal swap anyone?
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014 02:09:26 PM »

Lovely wool hood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2014 02:16:19 PM »

the hood looks fantastic on you !!

love the sound of those tea blends, and the other items are so cute!

thanks for posting pics so quickly --
another great addition to the gallery   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014 08:22:05 PM »

I got my package from dreadlocklove a week ago. She sent me a gorgeous head scarf in my colors. I get so many compliments wearing this around town.

a hand painted mug (owls are one of my things).

a pound of coffee that I know I will love. It is called Kootenay Crossing and says that it is light, lively, caramel, and sensual. I finally got my reusable K cups for the Keurig and cannot wait to have this coffee. She also included a beeswax candle in a mason jar and some local (to her city) honey, which I have already enjoyed in my tea.

Thank you so, so much, Jessica. I loved swapping with you and will do it again any time!

PS, sorry the longways pics are so big, guys.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014 11:13:18 AM »

I love those fingerless mitts Kayrun made!

The more I wear my hood, the more I fall in love with it!  I'm fantasizing about nature walks and sitting by the fire in this thing.  I realize I didn't speak much about it yesterday, but yeah, lucky me for receiving it!!  I can pull it down so it covers my collar bone, so if (more like "when") I'm wearing it outside on a cooler summer night, it'll help keep me warm.

On to the package I sent dharma, I didn't have a chance to write her a note.  The day I sent, my boyfriend gave me a ride to the post office and had to go right back to work so things were a bit rushed...  

So here goes, in the order she posted the photos.  First, the scarf.  I'm glad she found an alternative way of wearing it, it looks good!  This is how I took the photo of it:

I used some wool I spun a while back (the yellow and orange, which is plied with a Knit Picks turquoise yarn) and a bulky yarn from my stash.  I've been making tons of baktus-style scarves lately, altering the pattern for each.  I thought pomp-poms would suit the sense of quirkyness I imagined dharma has.  But in case they break or she just doesn't like them all that much, I added some leftover yarns so she can finish the ends however she pleases.

The mug, oh the mug!  I planned on having an elaborate and full on design but as I grabbed my markers, I realized all but two colours were dried out.  And those two were on their way out too...  Luckily, her kitchen colours or orange and turquoise so at least that worked out!!  I must have spent three hours trying to get a decent image on there and this was the best I could manage.  Stalking dharma's Pinterest, she had a lot of owls items so I figured she'd enjoy.

The Kicking Horse coffee was the best I could find in our dinky town and I made sure it was a mellow one to suit her tastes.  I stalked dharma's Sunshine Swap wishlist and noticed honey on there so gave her a jar from the Timmins Ecological Beekeeping Association.  Local indeed and what I personally use in my tea and baked goods.  She also had beeswax candles in the same Sunshine wishlist and I thought that while sipping on some beverages, a relaxing candle would be suitable.  Not only that, but they do emit a bit of warmth/heat as well!

Enjoy Rachel and I hope we can swap again!  =)  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014 11:15:07 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
kayrun
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014 05:46:43 PM »

what a cute scarf!  I like it worn both ways  Smiley

you seem like a perfect swap match (glad you mentioned wanting to be partners, LOL)

enjoyed both of your photo postings~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat the tumor!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014 05:45:59 PM »

still waiting on my partner's package from Mexico, it is in the US, New York actually or was on the 6th. Hubby says its a 15 hour drive from here, so I'll just sit back and plan my stalking of the mailperson.

As I impatiently wait, it gives me a spot of time to drool over the gallery.

Neville, what a lovely had you crocheted! Theboywonder made out like a bandit with scarf, mugrug and mug cozy--Sweet combo!

Momof2--fun idea of the candle and lipbalm (future ideas to add to swaps) and yay for happy cow! (I live in New Holstein and my store is the first building in town with cow spots so, ya I root for cows!) LOL on grumpy cat crossing out "good", the coasters are so pretty! Sweet handwarmers and mug rug too. And reusable tea bags? get out! Did you make the buttons Momof2? love the scarf colors--Sweet swap package!!

RaraAvis, lovin those scarves and im sure Miss Barbara is rockin them! oooh the ladybugs are precious, and yumm chocolate that is hot, and some lovely jewelry!
Sweet crafting RaraAvis Smiley

When I saw Barbara's wrapped goodies I had to smile-its beginning to look a lot like Christmas......Love the bird card! And gosh what a lovely thoughtful assortment of extras. Does the tea smell as good as the name sounds? That mug rug is lovely--what a great combo of crafting on one item! love the scarf colors and beads! Barbara does some sweet crocheting/crafting Smiley

Kayrun you got spoiled rotten by geekgirl didn'tcha? yum, yum, yum and love the purple scarf and fingerless gloves. can't quite see the mug, but the card is pretty and what is the pronto? Sweeeeet work geekgirl!
OOOH there is the mug up close, how fun is that! Do you have to oven it with the sharpie paint pens?
and Lovin the pile of yummies that you sent to Momof2! Fun colors in the scarf and the gloves remind me of berries or grapes with the maroon, purple and green colors. The black and white mug is cool!

psyche what fun tea towels from honeyd--lovely enough to put up in frames! I swoon at knitted items cuz i cannot knit. and the yarn colors are so pretty. what a lovely tea box and cards and the little jars. the flavours sound yummy. Sweet bundle to keep warm with honeyd!

Malisha im so glad you love the package I sent. It was such fun crafting for you and great to see the pix of the items in your home, already in use! and the scarf looks so good on you!

Kayrun what neat fingerless gloves that fold back for geekgirl! Love the colors of the dishcloth and coaster. hey and who couldn't use more gears Smiley (geekgirl, where can we see some of your mixed media?) i am lmao over the jittery joe's coffee, what a fun name! How does it taste? Another sweet package received!

Don't be putting your eye out dread! Im not a tea person but the description of the blends dharmarebel sent sound yummy as well as interesting. Lovely crocheting--that hood looks like it is nice and warm! what a fun tag to put on your hand made items. Sweet work dharma_rebel!

Another awesome scarf and awesome colors! fun that you both had a diff way for wearing it but either way looks great! Cute owl and the carmel coffee sounds yummy, what does the candle smell like? I agree that you two are a great swap partner match. Nice work dreadlocklove Smiley

Its been so nice to see all these warm items and to see how everyone creates and get new ideas!

im off to the sewing machine to finish a swap item. Have an awesome rest of the weekend all!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings,
Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

Isabelle is 12, she has a huge tumor on her brain and all down her spine.  Can you please pray or send positive healing thoughts? Thanks so much!

PRAYER FLAGS!! Yes I'd love to private swaps of them, PM me please!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Inspired by Flowers
Cute Winter Outfit Ideas from New York Fashion Week
Voguepedia - The Doc With Hairstylist Guido Palau
Voguepedia - The Doc With Andrew Bolton
From the Vogue Closet - How to Pull Off a Hat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...