A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 Book of Goals (many many pictures)  (Read 1386 times)
Tags for this thread: journal , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 31, 2014 06:18:11 PM »

Is it art?  Scrapbook?  Journalling?  Madness?  I don't know, so it's going here.

Backstory: I don't do resolutions, but for the last several years I've done "A Year of 50/50" - that is, 50 goals of 50 items each, aiming for a 50% success rate.  Some of the goals are way easy, and things I'd probably do anyway, but some are actual goals I want to attain (I can now balance on either leg for 50 seconds with my eyes closed!  Well, I did it once, at least!).  The past two years I just made a list in a notebook, but this year I decided to 1) step it up to 100 goals of 100 items each and 2) make a scrapbook-sort-of goal book.  Neither, I think, was a smart decision.  But!  Here it is...

Aaaaaand...

A bunch of the pages inside.  All of the pages (each goal had between 1 and 4 pages each) are decorated/lined/journaled by hand... it would have been too easy to just cut up notebook paper, I mostly used cardstock and scrapbook paper...

100 Seconds Balancing on one leg... with eyes closed:

100 Tablespoons of blood donated:

100 Levels of Bubble Blast II completed:

100 Articles of Clothes Donated:

100 Dozen Cranes folded:

100 Movies Watched:

100 Pieces of Fabric Used:

100 Miles Walked / 100 Miles Biked

100 Stamps Collected:

100 Winning Games of Spider Solitaire (2 Suit):

100 Seedlings Sprouted:

100 Levels of 4Pics 1Word:

100 Zentangles:

100 Word Searches (in the puzzle are the words ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety, and hundred):

There are, obviously, a LOT more pages, but these were my favorites.  Hopefully I won't go too mad with these goals, and I think next year I need to tone it down... maybe take a year off...  O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014 06:52:07 PM »

What a huge project! Kudos to you!

I would not be able to stick to it! I loved reading the pages you put. i wish I could see it all. My favorite page is the one where you're trying to walk 100 miles on the treadmill.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherG

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014 07:00:03 PM »

WOW....I love this idea, but I'd have to start now to get a journal ready for next year.  Your Zentangle page rocks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014 07:06:41 PM »

Hopefully I'll blog the pages as I finish them - I have three goals done (Bubble Blast, 4Pics 1Word, and Adjectives that Describe Me) and a few started.  My blog is not exactly hard to find as I'm not overly creative with my username...  Wink

And, yeah, I started this in... September of last year?  Probably started trying to think of the goals in August.  It was a BIG undertaking - even just writing out the lists for the 50 goals in the notebooks the previous years took a day, I don't know what possessed me to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014 10:18:34 PM »

Very ambitious. The journal is adorable and creative. Good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014 08:16:37 AM »

I think it's fabulous!  And I really like some of your goals.  And who says that they just have to be completed in a year?  They would be good as long term goals.  That way you don't feel guilty if you don't complete them in the single year, you just feel great whenever it is you do complete them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
LillaTusen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014 09:05:30 AM »

Ooh, what a great project! I hope it goes well for you completing all your goals!

Got really inspired from your beautiful book, and Im thinking of making my own. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014 09:28:33 AM »

Yeah, I'm going to make one for my 101 goals in 1001 days, too!  That one will be a little easier, and I'm thinking of making it a bound journal, but I don't know.  I didn't think I'd like the ring bound journal as much as I do, but it's pretty sturdy (not as floppy as I thought it would be) and I like the idea that I can add pages and bits as it strikes my fancy (possibly a very helpful thing for a 101/1001 book, since I might want to include progress pics, etc).

I don't feel too bad about not completing all of them, and because I don't want pressure I do say my goal is really around 50% and I obviously add some very, very, very easy goals (for instance, walking the dog everyday will easily get me my walking goal, and that's something we don't get out of doing!).  I'd certainly recommend that for anyone - make sure you have things you can quickly and easily cross off and it makes you feel so good!  Also, make sure a lot of the goals are things you enjoy (not all goals have to be hard!).

The last two years my goal books have helped me be more productive in a lot of ways... except housecleaning.  I never seem to make that goal...  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014 07:10:54 PM »

This is going to be a really fun way to work towards your goals throughout the year! What a great idea and a great accomplishment!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014 07:54:00 AM »

Congratulations! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tao Lin on the Economic Problems of Being a Writer
The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
JFK Authors Find Conspiracy Theories Sell Lots of Books
Craig Carton Talks About New York Teams
Craig Carton on the Most Overrated Franchise in Sports
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...