A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 101 Discussion  (Read 6904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ActsofCraftiness
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2014 01:05:12 PM »

All my packages are out the door but one - so now I get to concentrate on nothing but hexies! I love hexies! I cut and cut and cut today and then had a sudden obvious breakthrough. I had a cardboard template I kept positioning on my fabric before lining up the ruler and cutting... it kept shifting and I would have to reposition... finally I taped it to the ruler and it worked great! No shifting and the cutting went so quickly!

I don't suppose anyone else wants 1" hexies? I have a punch to do the paper pieces so they are my favorite size to make.

That's a great tip! I am obsessed with hexies. I bought a 1" hexie punch too, but I still haven't used it. I keep meaning to have some templates punched and some fabric cut at all times so I can have an easy on-the-go craft project to work on, but I still haven't done any of that. Sad

If you ever claim me, I'd love to have some of your hexies!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2014 02:21:47 PM »

I would never turn down hexies! 

I'm running a bit late on rscowtown's prayer flag and button snowflakes.  The snowflakes are finished but I had a sudden change of inspiration for the flag so I'm tweaking it tonight.  Hopefully it will go out tomorrow, just one day late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2014 05:41:25 AM »

I just bought a go baby go and need to order the hexie template.  I would love some always easier when someone else sends them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2014 06:03:25 AM »

It sounds like you could cut hexies until the cows come home, Ave!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2014 05:35:42 AM »

I sure could cut hexies till the cows come home... I have hundreds of paper pieces punched and hundreds of fabric pieces cut, now I just need to get to the sewing portion. That is going a little slower than I expected. I am only getting through about 16  during a one hour tv show? I need to speed that up a bit. There is a great site that lets you calculate the number of hexies for whatever size quilt/hexagon combination you are trying for... http://www.cddesigns.com/PaperPiecing/number.html a king size quilt would require 4480 hexies? 280 episodes of psych and I will have them ready!

Is it the 28th already? I can't believe it! Another great round coming to a close. Get your last minute claims in today.

There may be a day or two delay before opening the next round. I didn't manage my swap slots well enough and I can't give myself feedback for round 100 until we get a few more packages received. I think the rule is 90% of the participants need feedback before an organizer can get feedback so just a few more packages and we are there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2014 05:46:58 AM »

I could loves hexies, but it's the sewing them up that scares me.  Smiley  I can't wait to see all the lovely quilts from you gals though.  Smiley  I am trying to get up the courage to do another squares quilt.  The first one I did was in Hawaiian prints, King size for my brother...I haven't made another quilt since, but I want to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2014 09:36:45 AM »

Speaking of hexie love . . . I don't know if you all like to embroider, but I've been doing the Wild Olive seasonal stitching clubs. I'm behind on the Fall and Winter clubs. The Spring Club is starting on Monday.

I still need to finish my Summer Stitching Club project, but here is the top. This is what spurred my love of hexies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2014 09:39:30 AM »

Oh you just gave me a great idea for all of those tiny woodland embroideries I want to do!!!  They would fit perfectly on hexies!!!

Gosh, that is lovely---stop posting too many nice things!!!  I need my sleep! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2014 10:22:35 AM »

That is really beautiful and fun! I so don't have the patience for quilts and all of that exact piecing, though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
ActsofCraftiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2014 10:26:05 AM »

That is really beautiful and fun! I so don't have the patience for quilts and all of that exact piecing, though. 

The summer one is a small project (pillow-sized). The piecing is all done by hand, which makes the exactness easier to do, but it does take a good amount of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Tilt-Shift Lens Effect in Photoshop CS6
Working With Blur Filters in Photoshop CS6
Anarchy in the Organism Artwork at London Cancer Hospital
Lightroom 2 Layout Features
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...