A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4x6 Art Swap Rd 7 Gallery  (Read 3577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014 07:18:08 PM »

So many great pieces!  I really like how since everybody found out partners and mailed at basically the same time, so many people are receiving on the same day.  It's like opening Christmas presents with the family!  Cheesy

BigBangMomma - I don't blame you for claiming kwality570 as your partner, I've been wanting one of her monsters too!  I love it that her and KittyHerman's pieces are different, but both feature happy smiling creature faces.  They go so well together thematically, what great luck!

cmarion3 - that piece is just gorgeous!  My favorite so far, and what a clever idea.  Now I see why you guys are all so excited over those gelli pads!  I gotta look into this now.  Wink

My partner didn't include her username, but I just love the piece she sent me!

Please forgive the poor picture, the yellow light is washing out all the pretty subtle blues in the middle.  It is a gorgeous piece for winter, and it SPARKLES!  (Sadly, it does not show up in the photograph.)  Seriously, there is glitter or something embedded in the canvas.  How did you do that?

Thank you again for the wonderful piece!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014 07:20:13 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Sylwa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014 07:54:13 AM »

My partner didn't include her username, but I just love the piece she sent me!

Please forgive the poor picture, the yellow light is washing out all the pretty subtle blues in the middle.  It is a gorgeous piece for winter, and it SPARKLES!  (Sadly, it does not show up in the photograph.)  Seriously, there is glitter or something embedded in the canvas.  How did you do that?

Thank you again for the wonderful piece!

That one is from me Smiley I forgot to sign it and include a note I wrote! All of my kids, including the husband have been sick and it's just been too crazy around here and I rushed to the PO at the last minute Cheesy

The glitter, I just rubbed it into the canvas after it dried and then sprayed everything with an acrylic sealer.
I had so much fun with this. I never painted on canvas before and I loved it so much I already bought bigger canvas to work on a piece for my living room. I also got a custom order from a friend when I showed her the one I made for you.

I am so glad you liked it Smiley

here is a picture I took of it before I sprayed it and it shows the glitter a bit better. Although the colors are washed out in the photo.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014 07:56:52 AM by Sylwa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014 08:36:37 AM »

I received my 4x6 from BigBangMomma
It's a collage made from a calendar.

It's such a good use of an old calendar. It's really neat, everytime I look at it I see things I never noticed before. Thanks so much Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014 08:52:09 AM by KittyHerman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
Smeddley

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014 09:01:25 AM »

So many great pieces!  I am partial to the tree ones, but they're all so lovely.  I was able to stave off the desire for a gelli plate after the last round of discussion, thinking I really didn't need one, but after seeing cmarion's piece...  well... one might have to be in my future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014 10:25:10 AM »

So many great pieces!  I am partial to the tree ones, but they're all so lovely.  I was able to stave off the desire for a gelli plate after the last round of discussion, thinking I really didn't need one, but after seeing cmarion's piece...  well... one might have to be in my future!

I had been lusting after one for a while now and finally made myself one. If the homemade one doesn't hold up, I will definitely buy one. I have to get back to it, but it is so much fun. I've been looking at YouTube videos to get ideas and girl, do I have ideas. Now just time to play.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014 10:29:05 AM »

I received a very cute piece from pioneer9
I've got it hanging in my cube at work. I love it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014 10:33:36 AM »

So cute!!  Loving the sheep and the tree is gorgeous!

There should be a thread just on suggestions and how-to with Gelli.  Since I'm new to it, there's stuff I would never think of that is totally awesome (those trees!!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Smeddley

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014 10:41:45 AM »

I had been lusting after one for a while now and finally made myself one. If the homemade one doesn't hold up, I will definitely buy one. I have to get back to it, but it is so much fun. I've been looking at YouTube videos to get ideas and girl, do I have ideas. Now just time to play.

I didn't realize I could make one!  Now I'm all Sad at the snow because I have gelatin but no glycerin.  Ah, well!  Maybe if/when it stops snowing I'll have one ... maybe in time for the next round?  (*hint hint* Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014 11:16:57 AM »

All great work so far!  I do love those sheep, though.  Pioneer9 never disappoints! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014 11:18:32 AM »

More great 4 x 6 art!  The glittery tree is beautiful and seems kind of sad to me.  It would be easy to lose yourself in a story just looking at that one.

The collage is fantastic!  

I absolutely adore those sheep!

I Want My Art!!!  I'm hoping Mr. Postman has a little something for me today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Beauty Tips and Trends for Prom
One-Stop Shop for the Best in Beauty
Burgundy Eyes and Lips Tutorial
Allover Bronzer Tips
Megan Moore on Your Makeup Must Haves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...