A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bikini Top Pattern?  (Read 803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tanagirl
« on: July 11, 2005 05:56:38 PM »

Hi there!

I'm new to the boards.. this is my first post actually, so hopefully Ive posted in the right place and done this right.   I'm kinda new to all this sewing stuff so please forgive me if I ask a few too many questions .. lol i will try not to!

But onto my question, I wanted to make a few bikini tops, and haven't been able to find a pattern for your typical string bikini. ( I attached a picture of what I mean just in case .. )  It seems simple enough to draft myself but I'm not sure of how i would lay it out really. Like how to draft it so that I can put the strings in or do I do it like a casing and feed it through, so I thought I'd ask.. Anyone have any ideas?? Or a pattern? Maybe a tutorial?  And if you have any suggestions also on how to make the Bikini Bottoms as well , that would just be a plus! Cheesy Thank you in advance for anyyyyy help !! I really appreciate it!

Thanks again,
Tana

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HotPinkPixie
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006 12:36:58 PM »

Hey i'm new too! I'm going to try todo this pretty fancy bikini but i'm just designing a plain one. It's going to be covered in silver sequins. Those round ones with out the holes in them? And its gunna have satin black bows on the middle of the top and both sides on the bottom. But i don't know how i should glue the seuqins on without having them falling off all the time... any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006 01:58:05 PM »

Hello,
      I like very much this type of top.
      Stacysews has a diary that tells about making swimsuits (she is great with it)...she used a Jolie pattern. Jolie has a few different pieces in their website..maybe they will have the one you are looking for.
StacySews
http://www.stacysews.com/projects/jalie_swimsuits/

Good luck...and please show us your final piece!
Perach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006 06:19:41 AM »

oh oh oh this is so easy!

first you draw your triangles, making sure to make them big enough at the bottom to gather.  then you add an allowance to turn under for a casing.  add seam allowances to the sides, and add an allowance at the point to turn under when you insert the ring.

the bottoms are also triangles, a bigger one of the back than the front, but they have a blunted point which is joined together at the crotch.  it makes an hourglass shape.

cut up an old t-shirt to test your pattern, and then go for it!

this is a bikini top that i made about 3 years ago (hey, now that i think about it, it was almost exactly three years ago this week).  to make the pattern for the bottoms i just traced around a pair of my husband's briefs (i was 6 months pregnant at that time).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006 09:33:08 PM »

What a nice piece you made Ros...Nothing like the gradma's stuff that they are selling around!
Very beautiful
Perach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Blais: Serving Innovation
How to Make Grilled Breakfast Pizza
Chef Shows Off Goat Cheese Fondue
Chocolate Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
How to Make Hot Chicken Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...