A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How about a craft for my pet swap?  (Read 964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Momof2!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 25, 2014 04:40:59 AM »

I know this has been done before. I am wondering if anyone would be interested? I haven't ever organized, but I may be willing to look into it and give it ago. If there are other rounds, and whoever organized them wants to do it. That would be fine too. I don't want to step on any toes. Smiley I love making things for pets and my spoiled little buggers love getting things so I thought it would be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014 05:17:10 AM »

I'd be interested. I have 2 fat old cats and a mean 7 month old kitten.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 5/5/2
Bookmark

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
Momof2!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014 06:36:00 AM »

I'd be interested. I have 2 fat old cats and a mean 7 month old kitten.

Those young ones can be quite the handful can't they!? I have a fat middle aged cat, and a 2 1/2 year old cat. The young one is just starting to settle down a little. She was into EVERYTHING for about a year and half or so. She still is but not to the extent that she was. Hopefully we will have enough people to get this together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014 11:17:37 AM »

My kitten Pearl is so mean. I hoped spaying her would mellow her out, but not so far. I've never had a mean cat before. Little Bean asked if we could take her back and get a nice kitten.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 5/5/2
Bookmark

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
Momof2!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014 03:46:46 AM »

Awwww age will probably mellow her out more than the spaying. Hopefully she will chill when she gets a bit older.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014 06:59:02 AM »

This sounds pretty neat!  I'm crafting for my greyounds right now.. they need coats (again!).  The coats went missing after a meet and greet and temperatures are in the teens.  UGH!
-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014 09:58:59 AM »

This sounds fun! Hey "pjr107" we had retired Greyhounds too they are so fun & awesome. We loss our last greyhound such a sweet girl, last summer!  Sad  We loved her dearly!
But we also have 2 Italian Greyhounds (small ones they call them Iggies). They were re-homed & we gave them a home.They are so cute & loving, but they do need coats bad. I always seem to want to make them one then something gets in the way. I can't leave them out in the cold to long or they will freeze!!

Either late Feb. or March would be great for me. Then I would be done with my 2 other swaps!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014 01:00:12 PM by Sharalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
Momof2!

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014 10:13:14 AM »

I'm glad we have some people interested. I was thinking later in Feb. too. I need to finish up a couple things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014 10:05:43 AM »

Later is so much better.  And lucky for me, we did find coats!  They were stuffed in a bag hidden under a doggie pillow of the same color.   

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014 07:21:54 PM »

Yeah, I think anyone who swaps with me knows how ridiculously crazy I am for our two pups!!  Roll Eyes

So I would definitely be down but only if there's something I can offer.  Would it be JUST crafting for the pet themselves or could it be pet-related?  I guess I feel like this lends itself so much to sewing and maybe baking or I don't know, but if it can be pet-related like art of our pets or something along those lines I could play!  Cheesy

But I also totally don't want anyone to make the swap not what you want to accommodate me, so I'm just seeing what you all are thinking...?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Momof2!

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014 07:15:23 PM »

I haven't really thought of that. Maybe it could be either. Maybe the questionnaire could ask if you would like to receive for pets or people and if you would like to craft for pets or people. Does that make sense? I haven't ever organized, but I have been studying on it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though, if someone has done it before and wants to do it. Or if someone just wanted to do it, that would be great too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014 08:04:39 PM »

Yeah, I think anyone who swaps with me knows how ridiculously crazy I am for our two pups!!  Roll Eyes

So I would definitely be down but only if there's something I can offer.  Would it be JUST crafting for the pet themselves or could it be pet-related?  I guess I feel like this lends itself so much to sewing and maybe baking or I don't know, but if it can be pet-related like art of our pets or something along those lines I could play!  Cheesy

But I also totally don't want anyone to make the swap not what you want to accommodate me, so I'm just seeing what you all are thinking...?   Grin

My son would love a greyhound or guinea pig stuffie and I would love greyhound art for my wall!  So you can always pick me!

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pkwj
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014 10:03:13 AM »

I would LOVE to join! 

I think pet-related people crafts are a great idea too.  I have LOTS of pets, but I also have a cat obsessed DD.  Smiley

We have Bella, my 5 year old boxer/lab ox of a dog and 8 (yes Cool cats...3 are only indoors (they range in age from 17 to 5 years old) and 5 indoor/outdoor (ages 1 to 7 months).  I am VERY lucky that my indoor boys are laid back enough to accept the outdoor kitties on occasion.  We also have a 12 year old snake, a tortoise and a turtle...you know, in case some reptile love is out there.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momof2!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014 04:12:40 AM »

I've been reading about organizing and it's kind of intimidating. Maybe I will get up the nerve soon. Unless someone else wants to volunteer.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014 05:24:22 AM »

This sounds good I have two dogs, two cats, five rats and a husband!

All depends when it is though as I am struggling for swap space! I am about to organise my first swap and agree it is daunting, but urge you to have a go, we have great mods to help if we stuff up after !

I actually think reading about it is a lot scarier than doing it will be...that's what I am hoping anyhow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014 04:04:47 PM »

I think my cocker spaniel, boxer, tortoises and 4 sugar gliders and I would like to get in on this Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bebedechocolate
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014 03:33:15 PM »

I would definitely sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!  I can sew, knit, and crochet.  I have a 9 year old who loves to do swaps as well so we can do a mommy/daughter swap package. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Most Powerful Sharpening Tool in Photoshop Elements 11
How to Draw Benson from Regular Show
The Link Between Video Games and Classic Art
How to Create a Player-World Dynamics in Video Games
The Art of Glitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...