A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project "get off my butt & post some of my handwork" year  (Read 968 times)
Tags for this thread: wool , bowl , needle_felted , felted , home_decor , home_decorating  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artchixx
« on: January 15, 2014 11:09:30 PM »

This is the year I start putting some of my work out there. After not being able to sleep I decided it was time. After finding a couple pics on my phone & camera, uploading them, editing, creating a photo collage for this one, & posting ... one would think I have many to show. One would be wrong.  Grin
But, after being a member of Flickr since 2006 & craftster since around the same time - I am finally getting some pics of my goOdies to share. I'm always so inspired by everyone's work - maybe someone might think my stuff is cool too.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DAMN THE THINGS I WILL DO FOR A SCOOBY SNACK!!
ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014 11:44:01 PM »

Oooh, i like the colors! What do you use them for? I was thinking if you flipped them upside down they look like toadstool caps. Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014 02:59:14 AM »

So pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014 04:45:18 AM »

is it felted? it's a cute little dish, for rings and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014 07:22:51 AM »

Bella and I were on the same page. That looks needle felted! If it is, and even if it isn't, you did those circles and embellishments on the vessel really well. It is really cute. The way you made it stand, with the circles going to the bottom, is smart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
artchixx
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014 01:01:19 PM »

is it felted? it's a cute little dish, for rings and such.
Yes, it is needle felted. The kit provided a Styrofoam ball to needle the wool to. They warmed that removing the ball to finish the bowl was going to be a big mess - it was, it was! But, worth it. Hope to make another. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artchixx
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014 01:08:33 PM »

Bella and I were on the same page. That looks needle felted! If it is, and even if it isn't, you did those circles and embellishments on the vessel really well. It is really cute. The way you made it stand, with the circles going to the bottom, is smart.
Confession: the circles on the bottom were not planned. Most of the added goodies wasn't part of the kit directions & I got a little carried away. This was the first time I was finally getting the hang of creating those types of add ons & when I added the large orange ring on one side -- the bowl wouldn't sit flat anymore. But, I loved the ring. Decisions, decisions....
So, I was thinking of different bowls & how some of them have little round pieces that the bowls sit on (terrible with correct terminology) & I stuck some straight sewing pins on the bottom of my bowl to see if it would work. It did! The bottom has 3 little maroon balls & the orange ring plays into getting the bowl to sit level.
When the Styrofoam ball was removed the form was a little jacked up, but I'm attempting not to be so hung on on things like that this year. The fact that I'm still needling this bowl is not a good sign.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KensWoolBalls
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014 01:44:02 PM »

Wow!! I love everything about it.. Nice Work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ken
[https://www.facebook.com/Kenswoolballs]
artchixx
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014 01:53:12 PM »

Oooh, i like the colors! What do you use them for? I was thinking if you flipped them upside down they look like toadstool caps. Very nice!

They do look like toadstool caps! I will have to keep that in mind - have a gnome & toadstool needle felting project germinating in my mind.
It's suppose to be a small bowl - got it as a kit with no real purpose in mind for it, but I figured it was a easy way to learn needle felting. I'm not really sure what it's plans are other than decoration somewhere.
Truthfully, the wool has been like catnip to my diva kitty cat Boo. She shoves her face in any of it that's not protected while I'm felting. I made her a couple of plain felted balls with no catnip inside & she flings them all over the place & loves them.
When I put my bowl out for display one morning - came home from work to find it on the floor beside my sleeping cat. I imagine it went all over my apartment & back again. Grin

She's such a "Lady" when she sleeps :  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Dry Skin Treatments
3 Great Products for Being Glamorous on a Budget
Urban Decay Debuts Must Have Naked3 Palette
Olivia Wilde Shares Her Beauty Tips
DIY High-Fashion Nails: Try This Caviar, Glitter and Velvet Manicure
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...