A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 Wool-Eater-Along (pattern & tutorials links provided)  (Read 12252 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern_link , blanket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014 02:59:56 PM »

Pinkleo I love your blanket! I don't think it's a difficult pattern to do from what I've seen Ladybugsandbumblebees, but I think the rows are long to do, is that right Pinkleo? That's what's been putting me off of doing it anyways, but if I'm wrong I'll jump right in! I've even seen a longer version of this so it's not just square. I'll have to look for that one.
THANKS! Grin Yes, you are correct.  I would compare it to doing a granny square, but the triple crochets make it seem to go faster.

The Oblong Version link has the longer version you might be looking for.

And if one didn't want to do a big wooleater (doing the larger around & arounds), you could make smaller version as squares, and then join them up...like a granny square afghan. Grin
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014 03:00:59 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014 04:45:33 PM »

Wow. What a neat stitch, pinkleo. I really love all of you yarn people here. That one you are working on sure looks warm and cuddly. Great job! I love those softy threads for baby stuff. Very cute the looks on the faces when they snuggle up in them.

~T

Ooops. Love the color pattern, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014 07:53:36 PM »

Well Pinkleo, it's all your fault. I MAY have spent an hour browsing ravelry projects of the wooleater and I MAYhave spent even more time on ointerestdoing the same thing  Roll Eyes  but I've got a plan and colours picked out I my head, just gotta go get them! I know this is supposed to be a stash buster but I don't have all the right colours, oooohhhhhhh...I will be stash busting a greeny color that I've had for years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014 08:40:50 PM »

Wow. What a neat stitch, pinkleo. I really love all of you yarn people here. That one you are working on sure looks warm and cuddly....
Thanks! Grin

Well Pinkleo, it's all your fault. I MAY have spent an hour browsing ravelry projects of the wooleater and I MAYhave spent even more time on ointerestdoing the same thing  Roll Eyes  but I've got a plan and colours picked out I my head, just gotta go get them! I know this is supposed to be a stash buster but I don't have all the right colours, oooohhhhhhh...I will be stash busting a greeny color that I've had for years!
MUAHAHAHA!!! Cool  ...you are not alone; I spend way too much time browsing ravelry galleries and pinterest.  I can't wait to see your plan & colors. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ednarb

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014 01:47:52 PM »

I'm in! I started one of these a long time ago, and it's been hibernating too long. I just hope I can pull together all the stash yarn I have in a pleasing color arrangement. Here's where I left off:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014 01:55:50 PM »

@Ednarb: YAY!  I'm happy your joining us.  I love your colors so far Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014 03:59:07 AM »

i'll join . im going to be making this for my newest nephew. my sister said his room is going to be done up in finding nemo. and the colors of the room are going to be orange, blue and turquoise .

im using a very yarns that i already have. im not a fan of orange so i only have like 50 yards of it, i love the color black so im out of it. lucky for me jo-anns is having a 50% off yarn sale today. I got a baby blanket from the goodwill for a 1$ with all the white i need.I'll have to find something to do with the other parts of it.

I think i will get started on it today. and take pictures of my yarn after i get back from the store

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014 04:18:49 AM »

What a lovely pattern, it looks so textured & warm.  I shall add this on to my (long) to-do list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014 06:52:36 AM »

i'll join . im going to be making this for my newest nephew. my sister said his room is going to be done up in finding nemo. and the colors of the room are going to be orange, blue and turquoise .
...I think i will get started on it today. and take pictures of my yarn after i get back from the store
YAY!  So happy to have you.  Love your inspiration; can't wait to see your palette. Grin

What a lovely pattern, it looks so textured & warm.  I shall add this on to my (long) to-do list!
I hear ya'!  My crafty to-do list is soooooooo long! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy-poo
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014 10:21:43 AM »

Ohhhh I want to play! I just got a set of Knitter's Pride Symfonie Rose hooks and this will be a perfect way to start breaking them in....not to mention stash is starting to over-run my house. I'm going to finish my Tree of Life afghan probably the next week or so, then I will be on board. Might try to do mine in rows instead of rounds though, I prefer that over center-out blankets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Get a Cute Gym Hairstyle That Will Stay Put
Serge Normant Shows You How to Look Like Sofia Vergara
How to Do a Messy Mermaid Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...