A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This year's christmas present!  (Read 583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lettersalad
« on: January 12, 2014 01:02:31 PM »

Every year you buy lots of presents, and every year comes the point when the kids are complaining it's "boooring, mum...".
I wanted to change that. So this year I gave our kids:

It's bed and breakfast. You stay in bed and get a breakfast just as you like to. Ended with pizza, fried potatoes, little hotdogs and the like. Well, I did say "eat-what-you-want"...

Minecraft-Day! We'll play it anyway, why not make it official? It includes a castle building and monster killing contest.
And the best: you can fold down that hill!
[
A visit with accompanying menu at the movies. Playing "Frozen". Whoaaa! Since then, the kids are singing the songs top-of-their-voices!

Going for a swim in a special bath, they have a wave-pool and slides and so on. Took some friend of the girls with us.

Going to skate and having a snack besides. Met there with friends and had tons of fun!

Table top game day. We did that, it's just the kids did not want to participate. Not my fault, is it? Well, maybe we'll repeat it.

Pyjama Party! Each girl was entitled to invite a best friend. We had a Just-Dance-Contest and would have had a Karaoke Contest, but the computer insisted in singing itself... Sad but after all, there was a great movie evening laying in wait and everyone was quite happy.

This promises a visit to a very special friend of the family.

And since we were looking for a dog (we've been talking about that since November), we promised a visit to an animal shelter. Just for looking! We did not take a dog with us - at least not that day. Hey, it's not my fault things moved faster than planned...

His name is Toby...

Happy crafting!
Salad
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014 01:04:03 PM by Lettersalad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014 01:46:47 PM »

Totally loving this, not in the least because I recognise some of that paper. I remember buying some craft paper in Aldi Sud, and it looks a lot like yours Wink.
I love the idea though, might do this for my parents next year. Sort of force them to take it slow, once in a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014 02:18:37 PM »

That is wonderful - I love how it had meaningful family time and was so creatively presented.  I especially love the end - my dog who passed last year was also Toby - I love Tobies, and your's is a very sweet looking Toby too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
yoopidou

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014 11:07:02 PM »

Great idea for family fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lettersalad
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014 12:54:40 AM »

Totally loving this, not in the least because I recognise some of that paper. I remember buying some craft paper in Aldi Sud, and it looks a lot like yours Wink.
You're totally right! It's from Aldi. I've cut it into A6 Cards. But next year, I'll first print the text directly to the paper, then cutting it. I've lost waaay too much of that lovely print while glueing the text paper onto.

Salad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chemical Garden Trilogy - Sever by Lauren DeStefano
Oleander Girl by Chandra Divakaruni
The Demonolgist from Andrew Pyper
Fran Byrne Performs His Poems "Nerve Cell" and "Science Soulmates"
Bridget Minamore Performs Her Poem "Kings College Hospital"
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...