Craft Challenge #95 - New Year, New Uses - Entries Due Feb 3 - Feb 10
It's Time to Vote!
Scroll up to see the voting poll.
Feel free to encourage your friends and family to visit Craftster, and even vote for you, but please remember, only one vote per person. You must be logged in to vote.
It's Time to Enter!
The entry period is Feb 3 - Feb 10, 2014.
To post your entry, please start a new topic for it here on this board
. Click NEW TOPIC on this board
to post your entry!
Entries must be posted by Feb 10 11:59:59 PDT 2014.
If you are a new member, and cannot post images yet, please just post a direct link to your image(s) in your post. A friendly neighborhood Moderator will come along and update your post to embed the image(s) for you.
Happy New Year! This month, we have a very special challenge in store for you! Instructables
, an amazing
site for sharing what you make, has provided a humongous prize package! Not only will the first place winner get a prize this month, but nine other entries will as well!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is New Year, New Uses
! Your challenge this month is to bring new life to an old object in your home. The object could be a houseware piece, an item of clothing, home decor... anything you choose! Your repurposing should transform the object into something entirely new and unexpected. Perhaps you'll finally get to make a lamp out of that vintage, avocado green blender you've been hoarding all these years.
Of course you can use other materials and supplies, new and old, to transform your item. Your old item should be the star material of the show, though.
In your entry, submit at least two photos: one before photo and one after photo. Additional photos are encouraged, too! Additional Rules and Details:
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Jan 8 - Feb 10 2014) only. Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
- On Feb 3 2014, there will be a special folder created for entries. Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of Feb 3 to Feb 10 11:59:59 PDT 2014. No sooner. No later.
- Voting will happen from Feb 11 - 18, 2014.
- The winner will be officially announced on the first business Monday of the next month -- in our March newsletter, on this thread and on the Craftster blog. We will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement, to get your prize package information.
- Enter only ONE project. Your entry can have multiple components to it.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired
by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Prizes:
At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first AND second place winner
(US or non-US) will get:
(1) an Instructables
t-shirt and a copy of How to do Absolutely Everything
(2) their project in the Featured Projects area
(3) their project in the Craftster Blog
(4) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!EIGHT additional winners will also get an Instructables t-shirt!