A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
768 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recycled Christmas Cards  (Read 462 times)
Tags for this thread: recycled , christmas_card  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Helena Puck
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 05, 2014 04:07:08 PM »

I started playing with my gingerbread punch and washi tape and came up with some simple cards for next year. I'm hoping to send the people's cards back to them in gingerbread form Smiley

Also, with my huge collection of remaining gingerbread shapes, I made gingerbread garland by sewing the gingerbread shapes with my sewing machine.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 04:14:46 PM by Helena Puck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014 04:14:15 PM »

Awww. What a special inspiring project to share. Those are darling. I also love to re-use cards. And turn them into special projects. I never thought to share them for the following year with the sender in mind. What a great idea!
People buy cards because they like them...then they give them all away. What a great thought to put them back to life and share them again. For the one who loved the image to start with. Giving back the love. How sweet.

~T
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 04:16:48 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Helena Puck

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014 04:16:25 PM »

Awww. What a special inspiring project to share. Those are darling. I also love to re-use cards. And turn them into special projects. I never thought to share them for the following year with the recipient in mind. What a great idea!
People buy cards because they like them...then they give them all away. What a great thought to put them back to life and share them again. For the one who loved the image to start with. Giving back the love. How sweet.

~T

I know! You would think that the person would enjoy the card THEY picked out. I know I would Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

stillatthetop
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014 04:44:23 PM »

I will add that I love how you got the gingerbread guy out of the Madonna and child {Jesus} pictures. Very tricky work there  Grin Those punch machines are interesting to fiddle with.

And isn't it interesting to stitch on paper??? I have had lots of fun with that. Both by hand, and on sewing machine. Your garland/bunting is wonderful.

I love all you fellow craftsters here who keep the "trash" out of our dumps. It is not trash...it is treasure! If you know a good space for it. That is free crafting supplies!

You did a wonderful job with your project. Now you have me thinking....darn. Something else on the list. Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Helena Puck

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014 05:59:49 PM »

I will add that I love how you got the gingerbread guy out of the Madonna and child {Jesus} pictures. Very tricky work there  Grin Those punch machines are interesting to fiddle with.

~T

It was actually easy because I have a manual gingerbread punch. I could look through the bottom of the punch and see the picture that will be punched. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

stillatthetop
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014 06:30:00 PM »

I have the manual punches, too. And use them upside down. Then I can see where to align them. Probably similar to your method. I wish I could afford one of those fancier machines...Cricut? Or a different brand. But can't. I often just make my own templates and trace and cut with scissors. It takes a bit longer, but works good, too. Old school. But the results are pretty. Just like your designs. I am going to have to remember this one...and start working on cards to send back to my people, too. You have my head spinning  Grin What a unique idea.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014 06:31:55 PM »

Love this idea~ Very cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014 01:56:16 AM »

These cards a re wonderful. What a great way to recycle and to send your gingerbread men back to their original sender is inspired.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014 11:51:35 AM »

Very cute! I should get out my punches and my old Christmas cards that are taking over my drawer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian-Style Poached Chicken Recipe
How to Make a Sriracha Side Dish with Bok Choy
A Tasty Sashimi Tuna Tostada Appetizer
How to Make Homemade Sushi
5 Traditional Dishes for the Chinese New Year
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...