A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand-Carved Stamp Swap--Round 5 (Signups 1/5 to 1/31; SEND OUT 3/1)  (Read 8482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kosmicgirl
ATC ringmaster ;)

~best of 2013 winner!~

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2014 12:43:32 PM »

I just need to find time to get to the postoffice... I don't dare just slap some stamps on there and wish 'em good luck... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2014 08:11:49 PM »

I've got 4 out 7 partners done....I should be sending out by Monday or Tuesday Smiley  I would have them done by this weekend but my daughter is going to be in her first parade on Saturday, so I'm super busy and super excited Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2014 09:39:26 PM »

ORGANIZER NOTE:

IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT SHIPPING

Hi everyone!  Please take a very important moment to review the following information from our swap info, prior to visiting the post office to ship.

How do I ship the stamps?
DO NOT SHIP THESE IN A STANDARD ENVELOPE. Let's please try to avoid the crying and the weeping and the sad sad sounds of people who send stamps in standard envelopes only to realize too late that when they are run through the postal machines they get caught and have their guts ripped out.  Mangling and crushing and breakage of beautiful little rubber stampies!   Cry

These stamps will be too thick to just send in standard envelopes.  They will need to be packaged in bubble wrap envelopes, or other sturdy ways, and be handled as packages and not as letters.  DELIVERY CONFIRMATION REQUIRED, or MAILING RECEIPTS for international senders.   Wink

I can't emphasize this enough.  Stamps packaged in regular envelopes will most likely run through the machines and the stamps will be squeezed out the sides like toothpaste out a tube.  SWOOSH---all gone.  Please please please package your stamps in cozy safe ways!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2014 11:49:48 AM »

A timely reminder, WEL. You can probably avoid the toothpaste-like squeezing by sandwiching your stamp between two pieces of stiff card, but it's easier to just use a bubble mailer.

I'm planning to mount my stamps just because I enjoy that part of the process. I've been saving a scrap of attractive hardwood just for this. Glueing the rubber onto the wood is actually quite a tricky thing. I've always used water-based contact cement with good results, but the last time I needed to mount a stamp, I couldn't find it and tried GOOP instead. That seemed to work fine, so there's another alternative. Most glues meant for wood, paper, etc. are useless, because they won't peel off the rubber. (Vinyl erasers are the absolute worst to glue to anything - you would probably need a special vinyl adhesive.) What I really want to find is a double-sided tape that sticks well to the rubber, so I could mount stamps very quickly without waiting for glue to dry. Nothing I've tried has worked yet.

I've finally found a quick and reliable method for transferring inkjet printer images onto carving rubber. Thanks to the amazing MicroJivvy and this great tutorial. In a nutshell, you print your image onto a piece of duct tape pasted onto the sheet of printer paper. The ink remains floating on the tape and can be pressed onto the rubber. I had good luck with clear packing tape too, but it varies greatly depending on the type of printer and brand of tape.

I've been away for a week and couldn't do anything, but now my images are all transferred and I'm carving away. This is the fun part.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2014 04:10:16 PM »

I finally got all my stamps carved! Cheesy  Time for photos, packaging and sending. Hopefully by Monday!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adrienne_bowers
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2014 04:52:05 PM »

I am still working on mine.   I will probably be mailing out as the last horn blows Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2014 07:15:06 PM »

Got all my carving done last night. I'll cut wood for mounts at work tomorrow morning, and should be ready to mail on Wednesday.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2014 08:31:38 PM »

I am still working on mine.   I will probably be mailing out as the last horn blows Undecided

No worries dear, you're in good company.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)
  • November ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2014 04:08:37 PM »

Received an entire box Shocked of stamps from Koreena today! Off to take photos, check the Gallery later this evening.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2014 07:29:46 PM »

All of mine have been received! WEEE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cucumber Appetizers
Plating the Crab Cakes
Making the Aioli for the Crab Cakes
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
Plating the New York Strip Steak
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...