A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap: Round 7  (Read 2460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014 07:56:58 AM »

Amethyst is always good!  Cheesy Jennie, so glad you liked the bracelet! I tried to calculate the length to fit as close as possible like a one-stranded would fit.

So many beautiful soups! We're nearly all done, right? I promise, I'll post as soon as Abbeeroads beads arrive!

Ratfinkz, I'm using some of your beads in the OWS right now, one of your bracelets popped up on someone's Pinterest, and I thought "hey, I've seen those beads before - I own them now. I can do that!" Just a variation, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014 08:55:50 AM »

=) sounds good!! I've been using yours in making some jewellery for my cousins 30th birthday present...may have also based a bracelet for her on the one i received from you. ...will share pics soon Smiley xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014 11:19:32 AM »

So many beautiful soups! We're nearly all done, right? I promise, I'll post as soon as Abbeeroads beads arrive!

I hope they make it soon!! I keep checking the number, but no updates since it left Jamaica, NY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014 09:34:12 PM »

Me, too! I'm tracking it via DHL, hoping that this works as I'm always tracking my packages to the US via USPS (because the German tracking stops at Frankfurt). And it is on there, but doesn't show any other progress: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=LC291143510US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014 11:57:57 PM »

Btw I meant to say I am stoked that someone pinned something I made, thanks for telling me that =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014 08:59:57 AM »

Me, too! I'm tracking it via DHL, hoping that this works as I'm always tracking my packages to the US via USPS (because the German tracking stops at Frankfurt). And it is on there, but doesn't show any other progress: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=LC291143510US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true

Argh! Does that mean it made it to Germany at least??

I have enough beads to replace it if it doesn't make it, but fingers crossed it's still en route!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014 11:57:11 AM »

Argh! Does that mean it made it to Germany at least??

I have enough beads to replace it if it doesn't make it, but fingers crossed it's still en route!!!!

This just says it made it to the post office, more or less. And will be transported to the export center as the next step. I think international packages are not updated on a daily basis. Although two weeks should have been have been plenty... humph.

Edit: You can hit "English" in the upper right corner, the translation seems to be okay. Better than mine, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014 12:00:37 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014 05:37:54 AM »

My package from Abbeeroad just arrived, yay! And the postage sticker says January 7, so the second one is still on its way...  Cheesy

But I have to go and pick up my daughter right this minute, so I cannot open it now. I promise to post later today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014 06:40:15 AM »

My package from Abbeeroad just arrived, yay! And the postage sticker says January 7, so the second one is still on its way...  Cheesy

But I have to go and pick up my daughter right this minute, so I cannot open it now. I promise to post later today!

Yay!! I hope package #2 makes it as well!! You deserve double the goodness after waiting for sooo long!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014 02:34:16 PM »

Wow! Abbeeroad, this was totally worth the wait! (Though it didn't feel long to me, the days are really just flying by! The only thing possibly even shorter would be the nights. But then I get to play with beads from time to time, and all is well again.) So, here we go, eleven pictures! But the beads were put together so beautifully and well thought out, all my fave colours covered, all exactly to my tastes but nearly nothing I had in my stash - I'm flabberghasted! How did you do that? I can practically use the bags as project bags as they are, just string 'em up and wear them myself. Look:

More or less everything all at once (excluding extras and crafted item):

Huge string of yellow stone chips (What's that, Abbee? Some semi precious? I'm not good with naming those) that look very much like spring to me.

Brown bead soup - yummy as is! Just what I like. Cat's eye, Goldfluss, glass, glitter, seed beads... <3! (A lot darker and less yellow in real life, that's what I get for taking pictures instead of sleeping in the middle of the night)

Teal (imagine lots of little hearts whirring aound my head)

Black. And the smaller irregular ones are natural pebbles, so sweet! (more hearts...)

White: Shell/mother-of-pearl (cue visions of tree-of-life-with-moon pendants, phoenixfiredesigns style, which I've wanted to try for ages)

More white: Large pebbly stone (?) ones that have tiny shimmery or glittery parts in them.

Purple! (more hearts, of course!!!) The "plain" round ones have shimmery flecks in them that I just can't get to show up, and did you notice the beautiful large hollow striped one?

And the extras: Large wooden beads for me and my little one, a super strong clasp, a rainbow of tiny frosted seed beads (I'd say 13/0, super cute!) and aluminum stamping blanks for me to practice on (as if, I'll practice on something else and try to make those wedding date calendar tags out of those!)

And finally my beautiful necklace with all the colours I love and the perfect pendant (with so many stars!):

And an action shot so you can see it is really long enough (I am smiling, grinning, even!):

I love how the beads on one side are cool shades and warm on the other side, spring and autumn or day and night...

So, just to make myself clear in case it didn't get through: Thank you so very much, Abbeeroad, this was simply the best! And now I can lean back and wait for your second package because either it might contain more of the same, which would be perfect, or different things, which would undoubtedly be perfect as well! There'll be a little thank you on its way to you soon, I've been gathering materials and am pretty much decided on what to make for you...

Thanks to you too, Mistress Jennie, this was such a great swap, I'm truly glad I joined!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014 02:34:49 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Manicure Looks To Copy
Holiday Gifts for Beauty Lovers
Picture Perfect Holiday Glam
5 Lifestyle Tips for December 2013
Top 5 Ways to Save Money on Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...