A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap: Round 7  (Read 3936 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2014 10:03:29 AM »

Partners
(Sender to Receiver)

Mistress Jennie ---> onecrazymom
Mistress Jennie ---> Artmomto5

sheepBlue ---> Abbeeroad
sheepBlue ---> hgddm

Artmomto5 ---> Ratfinkz
Artmomto5 ---> Abbeeroad

Ratfinkz (Sent 1/10) ---> anna.wahnsinn
Ratfinkz (Sent 1/10) ---> Mistress Jennie

hgddm ---> Artmomto5

Abbeeroad (RESENT 2/5) ---> anna.wahnsinn
Abbeeroad ---> sheepBlue

onecrazymom ---> sheepBlue

anna.wahnsinn ---> Mistress Jennie
anna.wahnsinn ---> Ratfinkz

Status Colors
SENDING:

Green = Sent
Orange = Sending Late with Communication
Red = LATE, NO COMMUNICATION, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!

RECEIVING:
Blue = Received (but haven't POSTED yet)
Purple = Received & Posted

Strikethrough = Feedback Given
GLOWING RED=NEGATIVE FEEDBACK  (I don't really think this group will need this category!    Kiss)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014 06:51:18 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014 05:09:47 PM »

Woohoo! Me first!  Grin

I received today from Artmomto5!

She sent me a perfect goodie bag full of beads I can't wait to play with!

First, a bottle filled to bursting with seed beads. I can never get enough of these little beauties!

Next, two bags of colorful beads. I love the patterns on the larger ones, and the smaller ones will come in handy in so many ways.

Then, some awesome wooden bee-hive beads that I totally love, and some stringing thread (requested!):

And, a whole baggie full of circles!

She also sent me TWO crafted items:

Gorgeous stones and I love the ceramic piece!

Great colors, sizes, textures all around. Thank you so much Artmomto5! I love it all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014 04:44:38 AM »

Ooh great package to start! I love the beehive beads and the round patterned beads especially  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014 04:48:44 AM »

Abbeeroad, those beads are beautiful! And the little cubes in the necklace are so cute, I love the design. Lovely soup!

It all reminds me of spring and summer - green leaves, beehives, ocean colours, white sand... that ziploc baggie alone looks very beachy to me, yum! And seed beads always make me happy, no matter what. (No, tell a lie, if my daughter tears open one (or more) baggies, that doesn't quite make me happy.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014 02:02:35 PM »

I also received from Artmomto5 today, got some wonderful beads =) my camera is currently at the post office as I left it at my mum's over Christmas. Will be picking it up tomo so will do photos then!

Thank you very much for my wonderful goody bag =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My 12 days of Christmas post

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014 05:41:25 AM »

And me second, I guess, too!

I received from the amazing sheepBlue yesterday. She completely spoiled me.

First, some round wooden beads, glass beads, and square beads. I love the colors and patterns on these guys:

Next, some cording, chain, and findings (so handy!):

Then, some chips, and stone beads (great shapes!):

And SEED BEADS!! Awesome, awesome:

Some black beads (so, so useful), and wooden tubes:

Some larger accent beads, and clay beads:

I think a purple bead broke in transit, but I'll still find use for the pieces, it's so pretty. AND...the clay beads are actually faces (did you make these, Emma?!?!) and I LOVE THEM!

Ouch, not the greatest pic, but you get the picture. Did I mention I LOVE THESE?!?!

And last, but NOT least, the crafted items:

I'm wearing the chevron necklace today (love), and the rock is just too, too cool.

AND, she sent me some of her famous screen printed fabric and a screen printed pouch:

Just amazing. Thank you so much sheepBlue!! I hope you love your (smaller, but hopefully awesome) bead soup, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014 04:52:05 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you like everything. Yes I did make the clay faces...in as much as I made them from a mold I have that I love to use on occasion.  Cheesy I figured you could use them in jewelry or also in your mixed media/fabric work too  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Artmomto5

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014 08:19:28 AM »

I received my awesome package from MistressJennie yesterday.  It was full of my favorite colors and types of beads. She sent me alot of stringed glass and shell (I think)beads that are perfect for some of my jewelry. Thank you SO much Mistress Jennie

Then there were lots of little baggies full of more glass and ceramic beads.

There were lots of fun little charms and trinkets that will fun to play with. I especially like the Industrial Chic parts.

And then last but not least a handcrafted necklace and earrings. They both have purple accents which I love. I will be wearing them both to school next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014 09:16:26 AM »

Ooh love the beads! So colorful  Cheesy And the necklace and earrings are so unique. Love it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014 11:50:12 AM »

I received from both my senders! I am so inspired by all the new beads, I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Abbeeroad's package arrived on Thursday and after a long day at work it was a delight to come home to. I had to laugh because I sent Abbie some very similar wooden beads! They're gorgeous and I am happy to have some for myself. She also sent along a bunch of mixed metal spacers, clasps, etc.

I also got a ton of natural stone chips and beads which is lovely. I especially love the red chips.

There are also some beautiful red coral beads, along with some other blue, red, and purple beads.

Abbie was so sweet and sent along a few extras that I can use for my mixed media art. The slides are so fun, and the skeleton key is destined to end up in a necklace I've been daydreaming about for a little while waiting for the perfect focal piece to add to it!

She made me this fun funky necklace too, with a cool braided focal piece that I can't wait to wear.

Thank you so much Abbie! This package was a delight to behold.

My next package I received just today from onecrazymom! She sent along some findings and cording that will come in very handy for sure!

Also included were some bright seed beads and a few pre-connected strands of beads that are telling me to make it into a complete necklace just as it is. I love the dusty color palette!

There was also a baggie of bead soup for me to sort through! Included were a bunch of end caps which are great, lampworked beads, and all sorts of fun.

Onecrazymom also made me a fun pair of earrings and a stretchy bracelet with some beautiful glass beads.

Thank you so much Jen! The package is a wonderful treat to add to my bead stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014 01:16:31 PM »

Artmomto5:  I'm so glad you liked everything dear!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014 08:15:37 AM »

I received from mistress Jennie on Friday and then my weekend BLEW by and I didn't get a chance to post, so here are the pix!

It's a wonderful stash- loved it all! 
First off- opening the box:

Then some great colorful shell beads and glass beads:

More variety- I love the red strand and the green striped agate:

Finally some great silver charms, keys (I love keys!!), and a beautiful bracelet and earrings in my fav color- red! 

Thank you so much mistress Jennie - it was like Christmas all over again! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014 09:20:33 AM »

There are some wonderful stashes in this gallery! I was beginning to think I had gone OTT - but now I am worried I have not sent enough - especially after having received my packages. I have made a real soup - ie lots of different ones, (and the small ones thrown in together not sorted out  Embarrassed but not many of the same - still hopefully people will like them when they arrive.....

anyway - this is going to be pic heavy - I have received two wonderful stashes.

I received first from Artmomto5 so will upload her pics first - sorry for the delay!

Firstly I got some ceramic oriental animals - rabbits and panda bears - I LOVE this and am trying to think of something very special to do with them!

Then 3 beautiful glass fish and a glass frog:

Some funky round beads with a coloured centre. Clear and pink, clear and blue and blue and pink - these are really cool too!

Some green glass beads, they're a lovely colour:

a selection of glass beads - there are some really pretty ones here:

and some lampwork (Huh I think???) beads I love these, especially the clear / orange / red / blue ones:

Then I got some ceramic (again I think) type beads - they look very african to me:

As if all those weren't enough - I also received a pretty bracelet and a lovely necklace:

It was very close to decide which was my favourite - the three runners up were the frog, the panda and the fish - but this one just topped it:

Thank you very much artmomto5 I love all of my new beads and jewellery Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014 09:57:33 AM »

I then received from anna.wahnsinn - and am absolutely blown away by the amount and quality of what she sent - this is going to be even more pic heavy!
I'm starting with a picture of everything - just to show the sheer scale of it:

Purple is my favourite colour, and Amethyst my favourite stone - she sent a selection of different sized round amethyst beads:

I also told her I loved heart shaped beads - and she sent a load of those as well!

Purple and hearts - perfect!!!

Some blue round beads (I think they're ceramic) they're very pretty

A lovely selection of green beads

two packets of different sized beautiful red beads:

a big supply of Delicas - we had been discussing peyote and she said delicas worked really well instead of seed beads - I hadn't got any, but ordered a couple of packets to give them a go on her recommendation - and then she sent an extra 5 bags full - I couldn't believe the amount! Three different purples, black and green

As if that wasn't enough - she included some beading wire:

and a beautiful bracelet - which is SO me!

Picking a favourite here was hard - I am LOVING the effect of Delicas on a bracelet I am making, being an amethyst lover I am amazed at all the beautiful amethyst beads she bought - they will be well used! However I fell in love with this bead:

thank you so much - I really hope I have included everything - got slightly confused!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014 06:50:55 AM »

The Gallery is looking lovely!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014 09:21:06 AM »

Awesome soups!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014 03:10:51 PM »

Now I have something to add to this great gallery. I received my soup from Ratfinkz today, and I love it! Plus my daughter loves it, because a) beads and b) Ratfinkz included beads especially for her!

So here is my haul, beautiful larger beads grouped in no special order except for my faves bottom right:

My favourites: A beautiful beaded bead (and those plain bead caps will go very well with it, I think), wire wrapped beads, and two tiny little crystally balls.

Then there are Lea's beads, mostly large plastic and wooden beads that she won't swallow and won't hurt too much if thrown around (after being strung up...). She absolutely loves the large gems and the black rainbowy ones.

She even an actual bead soup, lots of seed beads in different sizes, which I love, and chips, crystals, findings, spacer beads, glass pearls, etc., and lots of it purple (always good). It is sitting next to me as I type...

And after sifting through the soup for a bit I had these: Crimp beads! Do you see the "large" ones? Those would be 2mm... so the tiny ones are really, really tiny, smaller than 1mm! So cool!

Aaaand my favourites from the soup, because you can't seriously expect me to stay out of that bowl... Pretty!

And here are the two (!) crafted items, a beaded dragonfly in purple that I have on my Pinterest

and a gorgeous strung necklace in black, silver and purple with stars and hearts that I absolutely adore!

Thank you for a very lovely package, Ratfinkz, I am enjoying every bit of it!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014 03:15:49 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014 03:15:08 PM »

I am very glad you are pleased with your parcel and not too annoyed to have an actual soup!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014 03:26:40 PM »

Naaah, you must be kidding, I love playing with beads, and there are so many pretty seed beads in there and so much other stuff! And what could you have done, fill 100 individual baggies with 5-100 little tiny things each? Soup was the perfect decision. Going through it gives me lots of ideas about what to do with the contents, and I am still finding more favourites in the soup.

So I'll go and play a little more with my beads, and then take off that beautiful necklace and go to bed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014 03:31:39 PM »

=) yep that is how I thought we were supposed to send them....then when your parcel came in 100 little baggies ( =p) and so many of the same things  I was worried! Glad you love the necklace too =) *breathes a sigh of relief* thanks for being such a lovely partner =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014 06:15:14 PM »

Here is my super-duper package from sheepBlue! Prepare for major spoilage:

super cute card, HP pouch (!) with HP fabric on the inside too! and two awesome necklaces. I'm in love with the armadillo charm!!

awesome tapes, jewelry wire, and sweet stuff for mixed media--I freaked out over the doll glasses Smiley

the world's most amazing beads! beautiful lamp work glass that I don't think I can ever give up, patterned wood beads, gorgeous metal beads, brass/red stone charms, and a whole baggie full of SB's awesome moon faces!! MOON FACES!!

an amazing, huge bag packed FULL of metal findings--gorgeous filigree pieces, bead caps, charms, jump rings--so many beautiful things...some large focal pieces (stone, wood, metal, shell), a magnetic skeleton key, a hotel keychain thingy, some lovely chain, and a whole baggie of bottle cap blanks.

I couldn't have asked for a better package. Thanks so much, sheepBlue--I adore everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014 04:16:34 AM »

I'm glad you like it hgddm!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014 05:01:22 AM »

I wanted to share a necklace I put together last weekend. It's like the beads were talking to me!

It's a combo of beads that onecrazymom sent and the awesome skeleton key that Abbeeroad sent me  Cheesy Thanks ladies for the wonderful new stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014 12:55:23 PM »

Love what you did with the key sheepBlue! Glad to see it go to good use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014 12:07:14 PM »

wow- that is a great necklace!  Love the combo with the key.  So glad they 'spoke' to you  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
Artmomto5

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014 10:19:08 AM »

Awesome package received from hgddm. Most of the beads are ceramics but there are also some stone ones as well. I love the different shapes and colors of the beads. They are mostly larger focal beads so it will be fun to come up with some designs for them. She also sent me 2 pairs of earrings. They are just the right size. Thanks for everything!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014 04:05:33 PM »

More beautiful beads =) love the blue earrings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014 02:17:09 PM »

I received two very lovely packages yesterday!  Let's take a look at all the soupy goodness...

First is the package I received from Ratfinkz.

Blue, Red and Purple Lampwork

A few mixes, including stone, smaller beads and hearts!

Some giant shell pieces

And some lovely charms that I'm sure will find their way into some charm bracelets. Cheesy

She also sent a lovely necklace of amethyst chips and silver spacers.  You can see it in the top photo, laying across the back.  The picture I took ended up being very fuzzy. Sad  I'll see if I can get another picture soon.  Smiley

Thank you so much Ratfinkz!!!   Kiss

EDIT:  Here's a better picture of the necklace. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014 02:34:45 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014 02:24:16 PM »

And now the package from Anna!

Lots of glass in the colors I use most often, black, blue and purple!  As well as some beautiful freshwater pearls. The paper on the side is a sewing pattern, showing how to make some fancy stitches.  It's dated from 1904!

Some lovely silver focal beads...

Cute little nesting doll beads!

Some beautiful Swarovski crystal, stone, glass, and some amazing giant bead caps.  I think I already have a plan for these guys!

And finally, a lovely wrap bracelet.  Ratfinkz and Anna must have been on the same page, because the beads are amethyst, so their crafted items actually match one another!  The bracelet fits perfectly, and will get lots of use.  (While I make charm bracelets for everyone else, I can't really wear them because they get in the way at work, and often snag the fabrics I'm working with.  This is the perfect solution. Smiley)

Thank you Anna!  It will all be put to good use quite soon.   Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014 04:43:34 PM »

Glad you liked my parcel =) seems like you also got spoiled rotten by Anna! Love the bracelet so funky that it matches!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014 07:56:58 AM »

Amethyst is always good!  Cheesy Jennie, so glad you liked the bracelet! I tried to calculate the length to fit as close as possible like a one-stranded would fit.

So many beautiful soups! We're nearly all done, right? I promise, I'll post as soon as Abbeeroads beads arrive!

Ratfinkz, I'm using some of your beads in the OWS right now, one of your bracelets popped up on someone's Pinterest, and I thought "hey, I've seen those beads before - I own them now. I can do that!" Just a variation, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014 08:55:50 AM »

=) sounds good!! I've been using yours in making some jewellery for my cousins 30th birthday present...may have also based a bracelet for her on the one i received from you. ...will share pics soon Smiley xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014 11:19:32 AM »

So many beautiful soups! We're nearly all done, right? I promise, I'll post as soon as Abbeeroads beads arrive!

I hope they make it soon!! I keep checking the number, but no updates since it left Jamaica, NY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014 09:34:12 PM »

Me, too! I'm tracking it via DHL, hoping that this works as I'm always tracking my packages to the US via USPS (because the German tracking stops at Frankfurt). And it is on there, but doesn't show any other progress: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=LC291143510US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014 11:57:57 PM »

Btw I meant to say I am stoked that someone pinned something I made, thanks for telling me that =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014 08:59:57 AM »

Me, too! I'm tracking it via DHL, hoping that this works as I'm always tracking my packages to the US via USPS (because the German tracking stops at Frankfurt). And it is on there, but doesn't show any other progress: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=LC291143510US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true

Argh! Does that mean it made it to Germany at least??

I have enough beads to replace it if it doesn't make it, but fingers crossed it's still en route!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014 11:57:11 AM »

Argh! Does that mean it made it to Germany at least??

I have enough beads to replace it if it doesn't make it, but fingers crossed it's still en route!!!!

This just says it made it to the post office, more or less. And will be transported to the export center as the next step. I think international packages are not updated on a daily basis. Although two weeks should have been have been plenty... humph.

Edit: You can hit "English" in the upper right corner, the translation seems to be okay. Better than mine, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014 12:00:37 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014 05:37:54 AM »

My package from Abbeeroad just arrived, yay! And the postage sticker says January 7, so the second one is still on its way...  Cheesy

But I have to go and pick up my daughter right this minute, so I cannot open it now. I promise to post later today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014 06:40:15 AM »

My package from Abbeeroad just arrived, yay! And the postage sticker says January 7, so the second one is still on its way...  Cheesy

But I have to go and pick up my daughter right this minute, so I cannot open it now. I promise to post later today!

Yay!! I hope package #2 makes it as well!! You deserve double the goodness after waiting for sooo long!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014 02:34:16 PM »

Wow! Abbeeroad, this was totally worth the wait! (Though it didn't feel long to me, the days are really just flying by! The only thing possibly even shorter would be the nights. But then I get to play with beads from time to time, and all is well again.) So, here we go, eleven pictures! But the beads were put together so beautifully and well thought out, all my fave colours covered, all exactly to my tastes but nearly nothing I had in my stash - I'm flabberghasted! How did you do that? I can practically use the bags as project bags as they are, just string 'em up and wear them myself. Look:

More or less everything all at once (excluding extras and crafted item):

Huge string of yellow stone chips (What's that, Abbee? Some semi precious? I'm not good with naming those) that look very much like spring to me.

Brown bead soup - yummy as is! Just what I like. Cat's eye, Goldfluss, glass, glitter, seed beads... <3! (A lot darker and less yellow in real life, that's what I get for taking pictures instead of sleeping in the middle of the night)

Teal (imagine lots of little hearts whirring aound my head)

Black. And the smaller irregular ones are natural pebbles, so sweet! (more hearts...)

White: Shell/mother-of-pearl (cue visions of tree-of-life-with-moon pendants, phoenixfiredesigns style, which I've wanted to try for ages)

More white: Large pebbly stone (?) ones that have tiny shimmery or glittery parts in them.

Purple! (more hearts, of course!!!) The "plain" round ones have shimmery flecks in them that I just can't get to show up, and did you notice the beautiful large hollow striped one?

And the extras: Large wooden beads for me and my little one, a super strong clasp, a rainbow of tiny frosted seed beads (I'd say 13/0, super cute!) and aluminum stamping blanks for me to practice on (as if, I'll practice on something else and try to make those wedding date calendar tags out of those!)

And finally my beautiful necklace with all the colours I love and the perfect pendant (with so many stars!):

And an action shot so you can see it is really long enough (I am smiling, grinning, even!):

I love how the beads on one side are cool shades and warm on the other side, spring and autumn or day and night...

So, just to make myself clear in case it didn't get through: Thank you so very much, Abbeeroad, this was simply the best! And now I can lean back and wait for your second package because either it might contain more of the same, which would be perfect, or different things, which would undoubtedly be perfect as well! There'll be a little thank you on its way to you soon, I've been gathering materials and am pretty much decided on what to make for you...

Thanks to you too, Mistress Jennie, this was such a great swap, I'm truly glad I joined!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014 02:34:49 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014 07:41:53 PM »

Awesome package that necklace is so pretty!

@Mistress Jennie can we have another round please =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014 06:04:07 AM »

@Mistress Jennie can we have another round please =)

Well, this was round 7, so I'm sure there will be another at some point!  Only problem is that most of the swappers who participate are returning from other rounds (which is totally freaking awesome Wink), but since most people have sending restrictions, and I try to match givers up to receivers based on what they ask for, everyone who can be matched up kind of already has swapped at some point.  Some have even sent to/received from the same person twice.  Sad  With all of that in mind, I usually space the swaps out about 8 months apart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014 06:24:23 AM »

It was so long that I actually forgot what was in your package, anna.wahnsinn! I'm glad you like it!

I'll be in on round 8 - see you there! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014 03:18:25 PM »

It was so long that I actually forgot what was in your package, anna.wahnsinn! I'm glad you like it!

I'll be in on round 8 - see you there! Wink

Like it? I love it! And I love the next one, too. Abbee was so kind to send a second time because USPS lost the first one - or as we know now they just delivered it secretly!

So I received twice from her, and again there are so many wonderful beads!

All together: Lots of stone, and loads of little metal spacers, bead caps, and beads, seed bead soup, glass beads in black, teal, white/cream and purple, little heart pendants and wire wrapped beads (hearts, too), and paper beads.

There is more metal, I just poured the black ones on top:

Pretty pretty glass beads:

A detail shot of the two stone strands:

I'm thinking of pairing the black ones with the white ones from the first package.

And the embellished beads/pendants:

And, of course, I got two more beautiful necklaces, because Abbee is fantastic! These are totall ydifferent, a rather elegant sparkly one, and a merry little one with millefiori beads that I will have to hide from my daughter. (By the way: Ratfinkz, your necklace was turned into a little necklace and a bracelet within a few hours of receiving them, I hope you don't mind! She wears it very proudly and is quite careful with it. I used a magnet clasp, though, just to be on the safe side...)

The sparkly one in the prett ybox it came in:

And the millefiori one. And see, there is a shell disc and a star, again!

Abbeeroad, thank you very much again, you are very generous and I love everything!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014 05:42:35 AM »

Yay! That's more like what I expect shipping to Germany!

I did ask a friend to make the sparkly necklace for you so I can't claim credit for that one. A note didn't make it in this package as I put it together a bit quicker than the first. It was all taped up by the time I remembered.

Thanks for a great swap everyone!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014 05:44:14 AM by Abbeeroad - Reason: Typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014 12:35:46 PM »

But the note in the first one was all the more lovely! Handmade especially for me, and so happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Model Way to Half-Tuck Your Shirt
2014 Fashion: A Year in Review
How to Style a White Shirt
Make Your Fashion Work Overtime
Winter 2015 Trends: Coats and Boots
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...