This is a Slambovian pony, specifically Gandalf Murphy from one of my daughter's favorite bands. It is my first altered MLP and I really struggled with it, but for a first I think it is ok.
When I took the head off, the inner rubbery ring broke. I tried every glue and trick possible to get the head to stay on. It is like Nearly-Headless-Nick's sidekick at the moment, but my daughter says she has glue that will work on it.
I got a wig for a buck several months ago, knowing I could somehow use it one day. Thus, the hair and tail.
I am a very poor sewer and mechanical designer so I could not figure out how to fashion the clothes without just sewing them right onto the body. It seemed to work anyhow.
Having no money, I could not go out and buy new paint for the body. I went to the dollar store (only place I can afford) and lo and behold there was nail polish in flesh tone. worked great and went on nice and smooth.
I could not for the life of me get the goatee to stay on so I cut a tiny bit of stocking and used that as a buffer. it worked!
The Slambovians have a song where the audience dances around with parasols -some absolutely gigantic - so I had to include one of those!
There is a painting on the band's drum and that is mostly what I used to do this pony.