A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eating in 2014  (Read 5474 times)
Tags for this thread: healthy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2014 01:05:37 AM »

It was great! No complaints from the kids, they even ate the green beans without fuss which is amazing.
I'm having trouble with pics though, neither photobucket nor flickr are any good for my anymore. If somebody has another suggestion for photo hosting I have so many pics of dinner to share...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2014 10:25:42 AM »

Craftster photo hosting? I just use the upload available when you're making a post. It's one pic at a time that way. If I want to do a whole bunch I'll go to the main photo hosting page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2014 12:15:31 PM »

See, I am a techno-doofus. What main photo hosting page? And don't the Craftster hosted pics come up in the thread as little thumbs? I confess to skipping a lot of those because of time constraints and plain old laziness :/.
Also, the upload option, it's not here in quick reply, it's in the other reply option? I can check that out myself, I'll see...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2014 01:16:11 PM »

See, I am a techno-doofus. What main photo hosting page? And don't the Craftster hosted pics come up in the thread as little thumbs? I confess to skipping a lot of those because of time constraints and plain old laziness :/.
Also, the upload option, it's not here in quick reply, it's in the other reply option? I can check that out myself, I'll see...

You can't do it from quick reply, just hit "reply" somewhere on the thread (top or bottom) and that will take you to the regular reply post. Near the bottom is an uploader for you to upload one picture. After selecting the correct pic, it will upload in the bottom of your post. Then you can do again as you like. Don't tick the box that says thumbnail or mature image, that's a common problem with the in-reply  quick uploader.

As for the regular uploader, go to "My Craftster" on the yellow measuring tape, then "My Picture Hosting." From there you can upload several at a time. After uploading and confirming, click on the picture in your photo hosting to get to the code. You'll have two options, regular  and clickable thumbnails. I'm with you, I skip thumbnails, they annoy me. Pick the first option and copy and paste into your post.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014 01:16:45 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2014 05:18:29 PM »

Let's see if this worked...
No. Photos must be a certain size, no auto resizing and I have no idea how to fix that. I think I remember that this is why I am not using the photohosting here already. Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2014 05:34:09 PM »

Photobucket has decided it will do what it's supposed to today so here are some pics of dinner.

I make very large batches of sauteed onions that I freeze in portions and toss into most anything. It takes dinner from yum to wow in no time at all, I love it. Lately I've been adding pureed liver to everything too for extra iron since we are all prone to deficiency in that mineral. I freeze that in portions as well.
Here's some frozen onion and liver in the dutch oven with spinach feta sausages

Cooked. The liver has dissolved in the oniony sausage drippings sauce, it's incredibly tasty.

And here it all is with Batgirl and Maremare's oven roasted tomatoes, dry cottage cheese, parsley and green onion on sour dough bread with dry pan fried green beans in soy sauce.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014 05:35:28 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2014 06:03:17 PM »

Wow, looks good! I love the onions idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014 06:15:16 PM »

I got some water kefir grains and have started a first batch (google this, if you like kitchen alchemy at all you'll love this fabulous weirdness!). They must be happy because they've doubled in volume after only 2 days! The liquid is bottled up for its second ferment and the grains are in new sugar water to start again. I can have an endless supply of fizzy probiotic fruit drinks for the kids and I at this rate, I can't believe how quick and easy it was even for a total noob! I'll post pics when I'm further along and have (hopefully) had some success getting carbonation. This is so exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moriarT
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014 08:38:08 PM »

Great thread! Not for me, I am kind of freakishly under weight and trying to gain, perhaps eating meat for the first time in 6 years will help me!

But this will be a great thread to keep track of to help my boyfriend, he is trying to lose weight and has been a little unsuccessful. Probably my fault, as I put olive oil on/in everything, love carbs and sugar - I would insist on candy snacks in bed every night, he has now banned me from eating chocolate when I am with him!

I struggle to find recipes to cook for him though! Last night it was lamb cutlets with a big salad of baby spinach, rocket, feta, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate seeds. But I am almost all out of ideas now though, as almost everything I cook has things he is trying to avoid! I want to help and support him so he can feel good about his own body (and so I can have a sexy sexy boyfriend instead of just a sexy boyfriend!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014 06:02:37 AM »

MoriarT I am a skinny girl too, I follow a healthy diet for, well, my health! And I've had a hard time putting on weight all my life until I hit my 40's when I gained the 20lbs that finally made me look like a grown up woman, lol. I am so happy with that.
You'll find lots of suggestions and help here. I'm going to recommend looking into the paleo diet too, it's delicious and full of good healthy fats that help to regulate the weight your body functions best at. I think that should be everyone's goal, not losing or gaining but being your healthiest self Smiley.
Exercise is key for every body too, it really is the way to burn excess fat and build up muscle in the skin and bones crew. It can't be undervalued.

The water kefir is amazing BTW. The kids and I all love it. It has a profound affect on the digestive system, powerful probiotics! I'm looking into making a batch of hard cider with it and some gluten free beer substitute too, just need to find some hops. I love making things myself, it's SO satisfying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Natalie Goldberg
Andrew Clements Talks About Nora Rowley Part 2
Sy Montgomery Reveals Her Most Noticeable Trait
Sanjaya Malakar Sings an Exclusive Song
Richard Snow Reveals His Book a Measureless Peril
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...