A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art journaling and altered journaling along - ongoing - 2014 until ???  (Read 55812 times)
Tags for this thread: art_journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greybird
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 30, 2014 11:57:20 AM »

Lovely!   Smiley

Another idea might be to punch again and then add something to the holes (ribbons?  Charms?) to add to the design.    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2014 12:14:35 PM »

Lovely!   Smiley

Another idea might be to punch again and then add something to the holes (ribbons?  Charms?) to add to the design.    Smiley

That's exactly what I did - added ribbons and fibers. I will add two more holes and take another photo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
March Dotee Swap - Celestial
Fabric Art Journal Pages - Early April 2015
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #272 on: January 30, 2014 01:57:15 PM »

Love the Valentine, Smmarrt! I love the written background. I recently came across some old written journals of mine, and was thinking of trying to re-use the pages in a fabric page. Your version is very inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #273 on: January 30, 2014 05:09:07 PM »

I have an idea for my next page but don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it in amongst my other projects....  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org
Smmarrt

« Reply #274 on: January 30, 2014 05:42:12 PM »

You are not allowed to send yourself a valentine. You have to reach out to friends who are on here! We can help!
Say that you need a little pat of loving. Friends here will help. PM your addy, and I will send a little surprise  Grin
And I encourage other members to follow into the picture. With just a small little something? Everyone needs a bit of love once in a while. Just a few buttons, or a fancy card, or anything that is hanging around. Let's all get each other motivated this year. Pass the love around. Celebrate creativeness. That is why I like this community..we can share.  Grin

~T

I suppose we could organize a paper and journal fodder swap....anyone interested? I have soooooo much stuff I could send each and every one of you an envelope FULL of goodness. Or a box full. Or a ginormous bag full.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
March Dotee Swap - Celestial
Fabric Art Journal Pages - Early April 2015
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2014 06:06:02 PM »

I reported that I mad my own Gel plate and had about 2 seconds to play with it. But here are the first off the press results.

I let the paint dry on the outside edges too much and only had a print down the center. Have to work faster next time. Also see the imprint in the center. I was using the bottom with the tin pan imprint! Turned it over for the rest. Silly me. Patterns were made with pumpkin carving kit plastic cutter thingies and the edge of a palette knife.

The next bunch were for a birch trees in winter series. I will be water coloring over the base for these. The middle one was the first, the bottom was the second off the same paint and just exactly what I was hoping for. And the top was just the remaining paint on the brayer. I used my finger and the end of paint brushes to create the trees. The colors were blue, off white and a bit of silver.

So much fun. I tore the bottom a bit with rough handling (almost dropped it onto a fur covered carpet) so I will try to melt again. I love the technique and can see these ending up in my next bound journal.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014 06:07:25 PM by cmarion3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
fluttermuffin
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2014 06:08:50 PM »

I have such an amazing husband... I left had left Pinterest up last night when I went to work.  I had been looking at "Art Journaling" boards.  When I got home this morning, he told me that he thought they were neat.   Although I craft, I've never considered myself particularly artistic, so I relayed that to him... I told him I was only a doodler and list maker.  then I took a shower and went to bed.   When I got up this afternoon, he had messaged me this photo and the definition of what makes up a "List Poem".... and this little message.  "Baby, you should NEVER limit or compare yourself to others.  You say you're not a writer, but I listen to the stories you make up for the grandkids.... you say you're not an artist, but I've seen your doodles.  they are better than the ancient Aztec's stone carvings, and THOSE are considered priceless.  You're full of so much creativity.  If you want to make one of those "arty" kind of books, go for it."  and there was a $20 bill with instructions to go get some stuff to give it a try.

Stone of the Five Suns 1503. Aztec Art Institute of Chicago
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2014 06:13:45 PM »

Oh my, fluttermuffin, you have a keeper. What a sweetie and kind man. You had better listen to him. We should all listen to him and give ourselves credit for the wonderful things we can do. He is right after all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
stillatthetop
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2014 09:42:42 PM »

fluttermuffin, when you get done with hubby...I WANT HIM! Just kidding. Don't ever get rid of that man!
That was such a sweet message to you. It brought tears to my eyes. Happy ones...for you.

By all means...enjoy your journaling. I keep several of them. Some I share, others I keep private for me.
It does not take a whole lot of money. I recycle and re-use in most of mine. Glue and markers and paint are my biggest expenses. And craft paper, but a ream of a good quality weight lasts a long time. I shop the clearance eisle for extras. Google "altered books" and you will have many ideas.

A quality exacto is also a plus, as is sharp cuticle {small} scissors.
I get books at the thrift store, then cut the pages out with about a 1" tab left at the spine edge.
Mine are 9" x 9" pages...and I glue them to the tabs left in the book. You can paint the cover of it {I like to pick interesting titles and just leave that part. Then I can hide it in the bookshelf  Cheesy}

There are no right or wrongs. And hubby is right. Do not compare. Just share. We are all different. And find different ideas everywhere. Heck. I saw some chewing gum one day on the sidewalk that inspired me  Grin I loved the color, and went home and spilled paint...and recreated it. That page is called "Chew me out"...too personal to share, but you can get the idea of what mood I was in.

Happy Journaling! I wish I had another half so sweet, you lucky girl, you!
~T

Oops. cmarion3...ha, ha...finger painting  Grin Those look real neat for backgrounds. Another idea for friends here? Wheels  Shocked Like on matchbox cars, or other types of kid toy stuff. I keep several in my rubber stamp box. They are great if you have a "travel" theme page. Just pick up the paint with them, and drive them on paper. I have a single wheel that I found in my yard. I put a large marker through the hole, and use that for the axil...and drive it single that way.
Example: Not a Journal page, sorry. This is a light switch plate  Grin I have participated in a number of different crazy swaps  Roll Eyes

The boot is just marker, but you could also use barbie style shoes, too. And walk all over the page. just ideas.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014 10:17:08 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" fabric scraps for an iSpy quilt similar to this
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
yoopidou
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2014 09:59:31 PM »

Hi fluttermuffin. You have a great husband, but me too, hee hee! I sure would have trouble choosing some supplies. I'd likely take some washi tape and other stuff.

Cmarion3, the last picture of the blue birch trees is really great. It's my favorite and makes me wonder if I, too, shouldn't try a gel plate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Cloud
How to Paint a Flower Using Watercolors
How to Paint Trees
How to Paint Flowers
10 Things You May Not Know About Tabasco
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...