A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,631
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art journaling and altered journaling along - ongoing - 2014 until ???  (Read 38274 times)
Tags for this thread: art_journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2014 05:12:23 AM »

my pages recently aren't shareable,I'm not in a very good place atm and it shows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2014 07:09:33 AM »

my pages recently aren't shareable,I'm not in a very good place atm and it shows.

Sad  I hope that the work of your journal helps to bring you back into a warm and loving place!  Hugs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2014 10:43:08 AM »

Those are really good points.   Smiley

I hope your creating helps you to work through what you need to work through. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faemystique

RN who crafts like she's on Crack!

Making my art a priority in 2014!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2014 11:31:44 AM »

I kinda want a saying or words of a sort on this but it's otherwise finished.   I really like this.   Oh and a shot with our bun bun trying to eat my journal!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2014 01:11:51 PM »

Gorgeous, faemystique!

Thanks for the encouragement and wise words about not comparing my work to that of others.  One of my problems is that I have a hard time doing things for myself, just for the sake of it, just because it's pretty, or would be cute or neat.  I don't know where that impulse comes from, but I struggle with it in all of my art and crafting...and I'm finding it extra hard with this journaling.  It feels like I really need to have meaning behind it, and so I've spent a lot of time just staring at blank pages.  I suppose that should probably be one of my challenges.  Making pages just because.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2014 01:32:56 PM »

Well said, and as I shared in my PM to you...I really like your style, faemystique. Well, actually I like the style of many of the pages that I see on here, too. LovelyMiss has a very free style, as well. Whoops...those bird pages were yours, too faemystique. I caught the return post name, and mixed things up  Roll Eyes But I do enjoy a lot of the different styles here. I tried to look up LovelyMiss, but all she has is those badges for the HP groups. I guess I didn't dig deep enough.

I have been working hard to be free with my art. I get so bogged down with angles, and making things even, and perfect. I think my next page, I am just going to grab a handful of my collection of papers and cutouts, paste them together...then scribble all over them kindergarten style. And make a mess!  Grin I will call that page "Haphazard".

I need to start doing more zentangle, too. That was very freeing for me.

Here I am...zentangled

This is my only self-portrait. I don't draw people, but I was pleased with how it came out. It is actually ATC sized. I don't know why it grew  Cheesy I am still learning to put photos here....and congratulate me {not really...just think it}. I now have an avitar  Wink

Oh, and one more. Don't look alwaysinmyroom...I am a professional clown. I used this for a pin the nose on the clown game for children's parties...get it? Not the donkey tail...but a round sticker on my nose!

~T a/k/a Dr. Ha Ha
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014 02:02:16 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2014 03:18:51 PM »

Lovely pages faemystique. Your style is so bold and yet so inviting.

The discussions here are so inspiring and so supportive. I am in an email discussion right now with a new friend that I just discovered is an artist...we have art discussions that are so much fun. She's often house bound due to health issues, so email is a great way to let it all out.

I often try to copy a style that I like to explore the technique and learn new things. Then try the technique or style on something of my own. Great way to open up to new skills. Sometimes I don't like the results, very often bits and pieces creep into my style. To me that's what an art journal is for. Explore, discovery, affirmation.

Here are some of the sample journals I've been playing with. The first is a cheap notebook about 5 x 7 with comic book collage covers. I glued pages together for a sturdier page, but the pages are still pretty thin.

This one is an old book with a collage cover and altered pages. Part gesso, tissue, collage and diluted spray paint on the inside all ready for journaling. Again I glued pages together and also removed quite a few in the middle of signatures to thin the book down as it will get thicker as I add stuff.

Then my first try at Coptic stitching. It is a greeting card book with collaged covers. I was so worried that the stitching would be too loose that I made it too tight! Hopefully it will relax.

Whew....I have another made from a hard page children's book I will post later. I think I love making books. Now to journaling.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014 03:21:22 PM by cmarion3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2014 03:52:29 PM »

Love the new birdie page, faemystique and your self portrait, stillatthetop!  Smiley    Love the journals, cmarion.  Smiley    My first coptic book was tighter than it should be.  I added some ribbon ties to the covers to tie it shut and it kept it closed.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2014 04:49:00 PM »

You all are so productive.  I'm working on my second page....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2014 04:56:01 PM »

I haven't posted lately because I haven't produced anything lately. I'm feeling uninspired. Le sigh.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Punk Princess Inspired Makeup at the Nicole Miller SS 2014 Fashion Show
The Best New Beauty Products for February
How to Get a "No Makeup" Makeup Look
How Social Media and Phones Ruin Your Skin
How to Apply Bright Bold Lipstick
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...