A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art journaling and altered journaling along - ongoing - 2014 until ???  (Read 41546 times)
Tags for this thread: art_journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2014 02:05:29 PM »

Oh...take a deep breath. Your LV journal will be well accepted, I am sure.
I think you people are crazy with your little stories, but I enjoy the little journey along the way. It takes me to places that I might not ever see. Other than in your pictures with those cute little stuffies. A computer adventure, for sure.
They are fun to watch...and cute little stuffies, too. I don't often post there, as I did not join this round...but maybe I will in the future. When the weather warms and I can take mine hiking  Grin so everyone can see rural Tennessee.

Have not gotten back to my pages. I am a slave to my sewing machine. I need to try some of those art journal fabric ones. Is there a standard size for those? My pretty book is 9" x 9". Right now it is mostly paper, but I wouldn't care to toss in some fabric pages, either. Mine is a chunky style, so that could help cushion between stuff. I like adding beads and brads and grommet/eyelet things. With extra ribbons that knot on and hang out.

But I sure enjoy all the eye candy here on this board. It gives me inspiration and extra ideas for stuff. Thank you all for sharing!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2014 03:18:33 PM »

AIMR - lovely!   Smiley

Teag - more great ideas!  I particularly love the little crown on the bird!   Cheesy

renstar - great pages!   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2014 03:23:56 PM »

Journal pages can be any size you want.  Mine happen to be 4x6 since I like to carry it in my purse or bag...some people like larger pages, some smaller...it is a personal choice.

I want to do LV this summer, too.  I think it would make me appreciate where I live more....and it would be fun to swap with someone in a different place....the adventures we could dream of!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Renstar
« Reply #483 on: March 02, 2014 11:16:24 AM »

A butterfly page.  Just a bit more messing about.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #484 on: March 02, 2014 01:45:34 PM »

Several more pages from the technique journal

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #485 on: March 02, 2014 01:53:50 PM »

A few pages I've finished lately.  They were inspired by Nerd Battle prompts, except for the last one, which I just did for fun.  The pretty background paper on that one is from alwaysinmyroom!  Grin  I can't decide if it needs words or not.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2014 03:47:45 PM »

Great pages.

Lovelymiss, your cat is adorable. The rainbow background behind the hearts is very pleasing.

Teag, with so many lovely pages, you are going to convince me to make myself a technique journal. I have to try the wood carved look.

Renstar, your butterfly really sparkles! What did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt

« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2014 05:13:20 PM »

Oh, I love the coffee ring page. I love Oliver Jeffers (children's book author and illustrator) and he has a whole series of coffee ring art.

Everybody's pages are bright and inspirational.

I'm working on something but it's not a page - more on that tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
stillatthetop
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2014 11:21:04 PM »

Dog gone you people with lovely handwriting....LovelyMiss  Grin I really like your pages.

How do you people do it? My handwriting is for the birds. I can trace well, and use rulers, and make accurate patterns from scratch. So it is not bad hand to eye coordination. Why won't my mind follow my hand...or vice versa? And make all the lovely florishes? I study different fonts...and know what I wish them to look like.

Do you pencil sketch first, and then fill in with inks? Maybe I just don't have the technique correct. But I hate my handwriting. And the more I spend typing on this box and not using snail mail...the worse it gets. I stress over filling out the cards for swaps. I wish for them to be long hand {personal text}, and special announcements. And have a hard time in some of my journals, too. I want them to be pretty.

But I feel they look like crud. I take my time with the words, but I still don't feel that they look nice. Any suggestions, other than telling me to zentangle all my letters?  Grin Those I can do.

~T

Oh...and coffee rings are fun. Good job on spilling stuff all over  Roll Eyes Those look great! And your masking tape background? We did bottles like that when I was a kid. I think vases for Mother's Day...and hit them with shoe polish to burnish the edges. Sorry. Off topic, but it just brought a bit of nastalgia back to me  Roll Eyes

Oops. One more question. I keep hearing of this mole skin paper. {and I know it is not made of moles  Grin} What is the advantage over plain watercolor papers that I use? I have never tried it. Thanks! Can you still scrub it and rub it and rough it up? I often sand my works to give them extra texture for things.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014 11:44:13 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #489 on: March 03, 2014 05:27:15 AM »

stillatthetop moleskin journals are a brand- the paper is very thin, in order to use them for an art journal you first need to prep the page using gesso or another similar medium, without the prepping most wet mediums bleed though,ie. markers, paint, etc- if you don't prep the pages your pages you need to stick to colored pencils and pens
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Apricot and Cheddar Chicken Melt Recipe
Homemade Pizza Bread
Frugal Family Feast: Red Beans and Rice Recipe
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...