A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January Birthday Swap 2014 - (Sign up 01/01/2014 - 01/31/2014)  (Read 1284 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 01, 2014 09:41:05 PM »

Calling all January Babies (and anyone else that wants to randomly give us presents!)

I know this is a little lengthy, but please read this post all the way through so we can have an AWESOME swap!

THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY (WITH APPROVAL!)  THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION AND GALLERY HERE:   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430501.0#axzz2pDa4mT2R

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. Flaking on someone's birthday is just WRONG!  Cry

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE SENDING YOUR INFO - THERE WILL BE A QUIZ ... FOR REAL!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM. ( Please bear with me ... it might take me a full day to get back to you with approval because of my work schedule!)

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430501.0#axzz2pDa4mT2R

Swap name: January 2014 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: phnxreign99
Craftster member who is co-organizing: Will find one if for some bizrre reason we end up with more than 25 swappers.
Sign-up date range: Jan 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy/scan/picture is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1.  This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2.  This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3.  If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430501.0#axzz2pDatb1M2

4.  Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5.  Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:

Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion ... You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread!

6.  Every birthday participant must make at least one claim.  You may make up to two claims at a time (unless you are a FOC or first time swapper).  Once your items are RECEIVED (not just mailed out), you can make another claim.
 - *New swappers may have only one outstanding claim at a time.  They may claim again after their first claim is RECEIVED.
 - *FOC's may have three outstanding claims at a time.

7.  Claims must be from the "crafted items" or "craft supplies" sections of a person's list.  Let's keep is crafty!  Extras are just that ... extras!  If you are sending mostly craft supplies, at least craft a little something like a handmade birthday card!

8. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

9. If it's not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper MUST SEND A SNAIL MAIL THANK YOU CARD!  Let's be nice! You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.  I'm serious ... it's the least you can do!

10. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

11. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate PMs, you will receive poor communication feedback.

12.  When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

13.  If you are sending late you must PM - phnxreign99 - by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

14.  If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put "Jan Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is COMMUNICATION. Please PM me (phnxreign99) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

Please format your PMs like this (it helps me stay organized!):
Proper labeling of PMs:
"Jan Bday Swap - Sign-up"
"Jan BDay Swap - Claim"
"Jan BDay Swap - Sent"
"Jan BDay Swap - Question"

When sending "sent" and "received" PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!  Example:

Send by Jan. 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items.

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your Wists, Pinterest, or Etsy Favorites (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen.

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

Fill in this questionaire to SIGN UP before posting a birthday wish list and send to phnxreign99:

BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS:
Name of swap: January 2014 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?
If shipping within the US, do you agree to obtain a DC#?
If shipping from outside of US, do you agree to provide a copy/scan/picture of your mailing receipt?
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430501.0#axzz2pDF0LVAi  (Yes/No)
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

REMEMBER - YOU HAVE ONLY ONE WEEK TO MAKE A CLAIM!!
(Then two weeks to send after claiming!)

If it's NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER, fill out this questionaire:

Name of swap- January 2014 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:

If shipping within the US, do you agree to send a DC#?
If shipping from outside of US, do you agree to provide a copy/scan/picture of your mailing receipt?
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  (Yes/No)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Links to previous Birthday Swap Lists and Discussion Boards:

September 2012 Birthday Lists - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413680.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS
September 2012 Birthday Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413679.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS
November 2012 Birthday Lists - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=416233.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS
November 2012 Birthday Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=416232.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS
Decenber 2012 Birthday Lists - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417430.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS
December 2012 Birthday Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417429.0#axzz2pDbgc8gS

PLEASE REMEMBER - THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY (WITH APPROVAL!) THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014 05:41:43 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
phnxreign99

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014 10:28:16 PM »

Birthday Swappers:

1.  phnxreign99 - (2 gift coming)
2.  LadybugsAndBumblebees - (2 gift coming)
3.  sparks - (2 gifts coming)
4.  leighi123 - (2 gift coming)
5.  aunty.hela - (1 gift coming)
6.  zcrafter - (4 gift coming)

Claims:
sent
received
late with communication

Send by Jan 16th
phnxreign99 to LadybugsAndBumblebees - a full apron
LadybugsAndBumblebees to phnxreign99 - Pinterest inspired crochet covered mason jars

Send by Jan 19th
LadybugsAndBumblebees to sparks - a mug rug and a container of tea

Send by Jan 23rd
phnxreign99 to sparks - summer starfish wreath and some stitch markers

Send by Jan 24th
sparks to phnxreign99 - bunny slippers - flaked

Send by Jan 25th
LadybugsAndBumblebees to zcrafter - crocheted market bag
zcrafter to leighi123 - crocheted snake for her son

Send by Jan 28th
phnxreign99 to leighi123 - a wall clock and a Pinterest surprise

Send by Jan 30th
leighi123 to zcrafter - coasters and a luggage tag
phnxreign99 to zcrafter - a thread catcher/pin cushion

Send by Jan 31st
aunty.hela to zcrafter - a surprise from her wishlist

Send by Feb 4th
zcrafter to aunty.hela - anchor hoopla and supplies

Send by Feb 10th
zcrafter to LadybugsandBumblebees - Something "Ohana" and pom poms

leighi123 to aunty.hela - Hello Kitty surprise

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014 02:22:15 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
phnxreign99

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014 11:42:48 AM »

Hi January Babies!  My name is Tammy and I'll be 49 on January 16th ... don't know how that happened.  Yesterday I was 18, right?!  I have mostly grown children (My baby is 16) and three beautiful grandchildren.  I consider my major crafts crocheting and sewing but I dabble in just about anything else.  

Like most crafty people, my tastes are very eclectic ... it's hard to find something I don't like, especially when it comes to being handmade.  I appreciate anything someone makes for me ... master Craftster or beginner - love it all.  I love useful things, but I also love trinkets.  I agree that "Cute doesn't need a reason!"  I am definitely a collector of "things" and many of my most treasured things are from swapping.

I tried to put lots of examples in my Pinterest under "Swap Ideas" although any board is ok to pull from.  Even if I've put something under "To Make", I'll probably never make it for myself Smiley Here's a link to my Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/phnxreign99/

Now the hard part - I would so much rather give then receive ... but here goes ...

My Birthday Wish List

-- I am always in need of slippers, especially now that I have ripped out my living room carpet and am walking on concrete (I have a plan for it, but it's not going as well as anticipated!)  Knitted or crocheted, whatever.  Lots of examples on my Pinterest (Bunnies would be my first choice!) ... I'm a size 7. - THANKS SPARKS - Yay for bunny slippers!

-- A pincushion of any kind - again, examples on Pinterest.

-- I do not own a sock monkey!  It's sad really ... I could probably whip one up myself, but again, I'm sure I never will!  He would be very loved and would have lots of stuffie friends here to hang with.  Any kind - big, small, traditional, colorful.  And I would call him Eddie  Cool

-- I gifted myself with a new Prius C this year because I am awesome and I needed an awesome car!  Her name is "Penny" and she's a beautiful blue color called "Summer Rain".  Seeing as how I am lazy, her key is still hanging on the dealer tag ... she would love a key chain or fob with her name on it Smiley

-- I have some pillow covers with Welsh words on them that I would LOVE.  I can do the stuffing myself.  Anything related to Wales and Welsh would be awesome as well.  Still researching my family history and if all goes well I will be going to Wales this summer (fingers crossed).  Anything with the Welsh Dragon rocks too!

-- I am redecorating my living room/kitchen (they run together).  Any accessories in the colors I have on my "Redecorating" Pinterest board would be great - kitchen towels, pot holders, picture frames ... I'm going with entirely different colors and I have nothing.  I own the dishes from Target that I have pinned, but other than that I'm starting from scratch.  - THANKS LADYBUGSANDBUMBLEBEES for a gift to match my "new" kitchen!

-- I am always interested in receiving anything that has to do with religion ... any religion.  I'm primarily pagan in my beliefs and love the Welsh goddesses, especially Cerridwen (I have collected many pictures of her from other swaps and would always love more to add to her "shrine").  But I also dig Ganesha, Buddha and am finally getting a handle on Jesus.  I love religious icons and imagery of any kind.

-- I have become a Gleek this year ... I know, late to the party!  A hoopla with the Glee logo for my craft room is on my wish list as well.

-- A crochet hook roll ... I am forever losing mine in my abyss of a craft room.  Seriously, I could have made one years ago, but just never did ... and never will.  Something in a bright color so I can find it easier Smiley

You can also find other randomness on my Pinterest and just about anything is game, unless it's really for kids, then I've pinned it in a wishful thinking kind of way to make for my grandchildren.  Costume jewelry is always a favorite, too.

Things I do not need - Don't need gloves or hats.  I don't need any more purses or bags.  I'm on a running hiatus due to weird health issues, so I don't need anything related to that (Not running makes me sad!).

Supplies - anything ... what doesn't work for you, might work for me.  I love how we all pass around supplies in swaps.  One can never have too many beads, or too much fabric or yarn.  I already have every color of Red Heart known to man, but anything else is always fun to have.

Hoping for a great swap this year ... and Happy Birthday!
PS:  I have no allergies Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014 09:22:48 AM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014 03:18:14 PM »

Grin  Hello!  My name is Barbara and I live in New York.  My birthday is January 31st and I love to celebrate it all month long!

*I do not have allergies, but the rest of my family has slight ones.  I can receive from someone who has pet(s) as long as it's kept away from the supplies and craft.  Please do NOT claim me if you smoke or have smokers in your house.  There are no allergens in my home.*

I have a Pinterest and a Wist.  Both are current.  (Links to them in my signature.)  On my pinterest, there is a board titled:  'What I Would Love To Receive From Swaps'.  That is the board I've pinned things for ME!  Wink  I also have a detailed Craftster profile.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE:
-A full apron (NOT the kind that ties just around your waist)
-A shirt in size 2x that says:  Inked & Awesome
-Jewelry (necklaces need to be longer for me, bracelets are best if they are adjustable)
-Something that says:  O'hana.  It means family.  It means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.  O'hana.  
-Decorated headbands (The hard, U shaped ones, please.  And nothing too outlandish...I'm a teacher...)
-Home spun, home dyed yarn
-Lanyard for my work ID (I like to match these to my outfit for the day, so more than one is welcome!)
-Yarn pom-poms in every color for use in my classroom.  (Please make sure they are VERY sturdily made, as they will be being used by 15 preschoolers!  Wink)  
-Chair covers for the backs of two chairs.  (Please PM me for measurements.)
-Seat covers for two chairs.  (Please PM me for measurements.)
-Gift tags
-Homemade paper gift bows
-Apple cozy
-Banana cozy
-A cloth drawstring bag made out of fabric with a music theme
-Ruffle scarves (I have a purple one and a black/red one already) (I like the delicate ones...I may have one on my pinterest...)
-A water bottle holder (Mine measures 10 1/2 inches around, and seven inches high.  (A short strap for carrying would be great.)  
-Anything Day of the Dead themed

Supply claims are fine too!   Smiley  Here's a list:
-regular Sharpie markers in any/all colors  
-the Sharpie markers you use to write on cups/plates/etc...that don't wash off after being baked in the oven
-mechanical pencils
-yarn (new please-acrylic is fine, just please NO wool or fun fur)
-fabric (Scraps are fine, as long as they are not teeny-tiny.)
-whimsies
-scissors (Both for adults and children-they get lost QUICK in this house!   Tongue)        
-pocketbook handles
-seed beads in any/all colors
-appliques for me to attach to projects I made (any and all subjects are fine)

EXTRAS:
-postcards from where you live (2 would be great, I use one for home and one for my classroom)
-sugar free/fat free snacks

Thank you to whoever claims me, for helping me to celebrate my birthday!  Cheesy

*I am unable to take and post photos, so if whoever claims me could do so, that would be greatly appreciated!*
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 03:07:15 PM by LadybugsAndBumblebees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
sparks
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014 10:29:50 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPPIES AND AQUARIANS.

Sparks here. I will be celebrating a Jan 6th birthday, have been now since 1977. Happens every year. I live in sunny Florida and am. I am married, sometimes happily, sometimes  . . . not so much. I have four, yes four very stubborn and strong-willed children. I am owned by 2 indoor cats and an outdoor 1. The outdoor one is my baby, have had him almost 20 years, the other two . . . got suckered in to those. Allergy wise: chocolate, yes chocolate.

oh my pinterest, How I have tried to organize you . . . (there is a swap wants type of board from previous swaps)
http://www.pinterest.com/mdk898/

Favorite color: shades of aqua/turquoise/teal, red ( blue reds not orange reds), charcoal grey

Pinterst is up for grabs, I've pinned things that I love and may not get a chance to make and I do like surprises . . .

Some things that I like: I do like me some loose leaf tea, sea turtles and well just turtles in general, and even though my least favorite color is yellow, I go crazy over: honey bees, pineapples, van gogh's sunflowers and sunshine, shows that I like to watch: Doctor Who, Grimm, Once Upon a time, Bob's Burgers, Psych, Game of Thrones, Shows that I used to love to watch: Eureka, Pushing Daisies, Monk. I like to read, learning to knit.

So . . . hmmm . . . what would I like for my birthday? A pinterest surprise would be great

but, Here are a few ideas some were wants from the OWS that I was previously in

I really like this too http://www.housebyhoff.blogspot.com/2013/05/easy-summer-starfish-wreath.html and while I like the big size, I would like a smaller version to go with my other hoops. So maybe a similar frame in an 5x7 with a twine/rope wrapped 4 inch hoop and then a starfish. Or maybe a sand dollar hoop with a twine wrapped hoop -- (this is why I do not make many things for myself. I start with one idea and it keeps evolving into something else).

I would like one of those wooden saints bracelets. Something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLY-JESUS-FLOWER-WOOD-HEMATITE-MAGNETIC-SHAMBALLA-BRACELET-ST-MARY-ANGEL-/390666092672 or this http://www.catholiccompany.com/wood-saint-bracelet-3-color-beads-p2043517/  . I would like the stained glass images and if possible and in blacks and browns to wear with a prayer bracelet my uncle made. I would like it to include St. Francis of Assisi, Saint Jude, St. Catherine of Alexandria, Saint Hedwig

Oh, one of these http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83527768062569095/ with a heavy bottom, or just the bowl if you have an extra one.

An anklet http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83527768062568895/

Stitch markers: I would like something similar to these http://www.simplynotable.com/2013/bling-your-string/elephantmarkers/ or with turtles, just plain beads

Do you love to knit socks? Need to get rid of all the little leftover bits from past projects? I love interesting socks http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83527768062361107/  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83527768061249369/

Supplies:

Knit markers or the supplies to make my own knit markers, if you have a some beads laying around. Just one of those items that I never think to pick up when I arrive in the store.

Do you have a duplicate "how to knit" book or may be two of something that can be referenced or an epub copy that I can just download to my reader.

I like to dabble and explore all medias of art. If you saw something on my boards that you think I may want to try . . . I'm game.

Knitting pattern: French Press Felted Slippers pattern by Melynda Bernardi

Some of these type of shackle clasps http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83527768061556244/

Beeswax

Exacto Knnife(lost mine)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014 10:10:05 AM »

Hello!

My name is Leigh-Ann and I turned 28 on the 3rd!  I have a 6.5yr old son, I'm a single mom, and live in Florida.  

I like bright, fun colors (i.e. rainbow colors), I'm allergic to smoke, I'm vegetarian (so no leather, feathers etc).  I wear a size xs, 0-2 but I can provide measurements if you need them.  For shirts, I prefer tank tops, or fitted style shirts, short sleeve please!

Crafted things:

Camera strap with pockets: http://gotosew.com/2013/12/featured-cammy-pack-tutorial/

knit Yoga Socks Pattern here:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yoga-socks  

Fingerless gloves for Levi he has really small hands, they are impossible to find for his size - I can send measurments.   He'd love purple, rainbow, or neon. 

Clothes (link is to my pintrest board, I have knit/crochet tops/dresses, skirts, stenciled shirts, dresses - all kinds of stuff): http://www.pinterest.com/leighi123/clothes-for-me/

set of 4-6 coasters:  
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858667890067/
or
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858668872679/
or
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858668385111/
or
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858667693142/
or
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858668353601/
Or anything else fun, unique, colorful and functional.  We have an old chest as a coffee table and I need it protected!

Spinning thing to hang on the wall (made from old lazy susan)
http://www.lilblueboo.com/2011/07/spin-spiration-folk-art-a-tutorial.html

Natural lip balm,
preferably "made from scratch"

orange bracelet
: bracelet that is orange or mostly, durable and comfortable for every day wear, and waterproof!

Wall clock for the sewing room - with actual numbers on it and one that works!  

Button lamp shade , for smallish lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45950858667730476/

Something for my 6yr old Levi (see pintrest for lots of ideas) - its just as much fun for me for him to get stuff!

Anything else on or inspired by my pintrest:
http://www.pinterest.com/leighi123/

Supplies:

FABRIC!!!  I love fabric.  I really need ribbing (for neckbands, cuffs) right now in a variety of colors.  Also need knits in solid colors or fun, bright gender neutral prints (I'd really like one with big stars on it, but anything will do!).  Wovens like kona or similar or bottomweights in solid colors.   Also semi-solids (small amounts fine for this, mostly for appliques)

glitter/metallic fabric sheets from Hobby Lobby, found near the felt (Hobby Lobby is far from me!)

Embroidery stabilizer, cut away or tear away.

lavender essential oil (even part used is fine)

Sewing patterns for nice kids clothes: Farbenmix, Oliver and S, Ottobre and similar

Sew in tags for the kids clothes I make

fun cookie cutters

curved scissors (for cutting appliques, threads etc).

red gutterman or similar thread (regular sewing thread)

orange machine embroidery thread (true orange, for Brother machine)

the stretchy cord used with cord stops, and more cord stops

any other "fun" colored rainbow loom bands (tye dye, metallic, neon, and glitter and whatnot)

zippers, any size/color/style

1/4" elastic (black or white)

More supplies:

http://www.pinterest.com/leighi123/craft-supplies-i-want/

Extras:

- organic candy/treats (nothing with gelatin in it please, like most gummys)
- easy chapter books for Levi
- magnets, the kind to play with/do science stuff with, not the kind that go on the fridge. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014 10:54:37 AM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014 01:43:47 AM »

Hello, fellow Januarians. I love that word!

My name is Patty and I live in Pennsylvania with my dog Brooke. I just turned 63yes, you read that correctlyon January 2.

This is my first birthday swap, so I hope I get the details right. Ive always enjoyed Craftster swaps, and Im sure this one will be no exception. Its very easy to craft for meI appreciate everything! Craft swaps make me feel special and honored.

Some of my favorite things are: dogs, ducks, words/letters, the color green, cotton yarn, cotton fabric, paper, tree/leaf designs, and all things British. I also love books, writing, and reading. Im a library assistant, and I lead two local writers groups.

My home decor leans toward cottage chic and/or poverty posh, LOL. I plan to update my mostly-brown living room in the coming months and would love any bright, colorful items to include. There will be a lot of various shades of green and an eclectic mix of decorating styles.

Here are some ideas for crafted things that I would love:

Coasters (fabric, felt, crochet, etc any kind). Greens would be great if possible. (Thank you, leighi123!)

A thread catcher/pincushion. Colors not important, as my sewing/craft room is a mixture, or should I say mishmash?(Thank you, phnxreign99!)

Handmade paper of any sort or description. I use it for cardmaking, bookmarks, scrapbooking, Christmas ornaments, etc. Sometimes I just hug it, LOL.

Handmade soap (I especially like the oatmeal kind). Favorite scents are citrus, mint, cranberry, pomegranate, almond.

Something made with beach glass, maybe a necklace or earrings or fan pull or purse charm.

Very bright luggage tags or tie-ons in any style. Could be fabric, knitted, crocheted, or whatever, just so its sturdy enough to survive the airport. (Thank you, leighi123!)

A drawstring fabric bag in a cheerful print for carrying my shoes to and from work.

A pretty cotton handkerchief that I can use to wipe my brow in the summertime.

A raincoat for my dog Brooke. Color is not important, but I would like waterproof or water resistant fabric. Maybe something like this:
http://www.sew-it-love-it.com/dog-coat-pattern.html
Her measurements are: neck 14, back length 15, chest width 23, chest length 12, waist 19.

Any decor item with the phrase Love wastefully. I could use an 18 pillow cover, a painted wood piece, or a painting, but anything you think of would be good. I have LOTS of frames in various sizes, so a piece of artwork in any medium (watercolor, acrylic, pencil, ink, applique, etc.) would work, and you dont have to send a frame.

Any type of duck for my duck collection. Wood, rubber, stuffie, knit, crochet, ceramic. The smaller the better, since I dont want to outgrow the shelves where I keep the collection.

Anything from my wists.  www.wists.com/zcrafter

Anything from my My Wishes Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/zcrafter/my-wishes/

A surprise any surprise really, surprise me!

SUPPLIES:

Cotton fabrics in red prints or green prints, 3 inch square or larger
Ornate vintage-style buttons to make into a bracelet
Yellow, red, or white wool felt, any quantity or size (even small pieces)
Handspun or hand-dyed yarn

EXTRAS:

Heart-shaped rocks (any size, but smaller is better)
Chocolate

DISLIKES: acrylic yarn, bugs, butterflies, matryoshkas, skulls, tattoos, anything gruesome, and the color orange.

ALLERGIES: I am allergic to cats, but if the crafted items are kept away from your cats or cleaned before sending, it will be OK. Im also very sensitve to cigarette smoke!

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014 10:08:02 PM by zcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunty.hela

Would love to do personal swaps?!?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014 06:41:32 PM »

Hi I'm aunty hela, I'm 19 going on 20 on the 24th of January. I am going to college in September, for culinary, baking and pastry arts. Sweets are the best! I love duck dynasty, hello kitty, sugar skulls, big bang theory, owls,anchors, minions,anything nautical ect. I love pastel colors, matte, sparkles, chevron, Native American print, animal prints, ect http://www.pinterest.com/haleyislay/fav-coloursprints/
I also have a sick sense of humour and not a prude. Lol. I dislike dark forest greens lol just ask if you have any questions Smiley

Vintage cigar box ring holder- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973880887/
Anchor iphone 4 case- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974506844/
Dust plugs- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974506675/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973882206/
Vintage button rings- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974358551/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974498341/
Anchor light switch plate- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973771692/
Vintage earrings- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974358518/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974513763/
Hello kitty coaster- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974141340/
Duck dynasty shirt- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974500262/
Crochet stitch markers- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974513850/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974513835/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733972879590/
Sweets clay charm bracelet- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974507949/
In memory pet necklace-  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974499074/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974498957/
Towel wrap- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974358672/
Tooth brush carrier- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973881590/
Cord keeper- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974382041/
Makeup brush wrap- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973850607/
Macaroon tins- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733973886166/
Anchor hoopla- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974506465/
Nautical bag- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974508968/
Makeup box bag- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974514842/
Bow I pad case- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/419960733974514838/

Supplies
- lace
- vintage buttons
- buttons
- crochet books (used is great)
- jewelry books ( beading, knotting, chain mail, used is great)
- crochet hooks (used is great)
- embroidery thread holders
- clay
- fabric scraps
- yarn
-paints
- spools
- sharpies
-sharpies to write and color on plates and mugs that stay on after heating
http://www.pinterest.com/haleyislay/supplies/

Extras
I love chocolate, gummy candies, any candies and sweets Cheesy

No allergies!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014 08:43:28 PM by aunty.hela » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You’ll Never Guess The First Thing Miss USA Ate After Her Victory
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Pick Up This Purse Essential on Your Next Grocery Trip
The Best Beauty Products for Summer Chosen by Essence
High School-Appropriate Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...