A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Loyal Mutant Swap of 2014!! Send out Monday Feb. 17 2014  (Read 11411 times)
Tags for this thread: recycling , art_doll , mutant , monster , creature  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 01, 2014 08:06:49 AM »

Pic supplied by the ever awesome BirdBones

Our Science Fair (gallery) lives here..
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430821.0#axzz2qVHCuw8Q

Calling all repressed and non-repressed humans who desire to smash things together and create never before seen wonders of nature...Welcome one and all to the Loyal Mutant Swap of 2014!! (I'm calling them loyal as I feel mutants must either despise or adore their creators and adoration seems a better way to start the new year...) We, your loyal (because all orgs should be at least slightly loyal..) orgs suereal and BirdBones, invite you to discover as yet unknown creatures and creations to help guide us all into the new year.  We will all endeavor to realize new things never before seen within this universe!  Your assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to smash together two or more "things" that are dear and near to one's lab partner's hearts, creating a new and glorious mutant!!  If you have EVER thought to yourself, "That cow would be WAAAYYYY! better with a little Wolverine whacked into it!" this swap (might) be for YOU!  Do you ever wish Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were Penguins?  This swap might (might) be for YOU!  Do your fingers itch to stitch a dog and a cat together?  Then watch CatDog over here
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSgYXHPD_w
and stop crafting on real animals...but if you desire to make a Misfits Octopus then this swap (may) be for YOU!  And, as an extra one time extra bonus offer (shipping cost required), not only will you be making an only imagined by ancient astronaut theorists mutant, you will be RECEIVING an item only perhaps maybe possibly seen/envisioned by ancient astronaut theorists!!  Yes! You too will start the new year with a new creation only envisioned by the most creative of scientist-ish people-type things.  You will only need to supply a tiny bit of DNA (procured by new technological advancements.  All you will have to do is make a list of things your heart desires and our nano bots will creep into your dreams at night and snip...procure..the genetic information, ensuring a fresh new creation, based on YOUR needs) and one of our list of specially authorized scientists, will create a unique companion designed completely for YOU! But..please be aware...your government does NOT approve of such research, so to ensure a smooth and not to be apprehended and kept in some warehouse somewhere package, we will NOT be adhering to political or international date lines.  So please adhere to mailing rules.  This swap will consist of 2 (TWO) smalls OR one (ONE) medium super awesome spectacular never before seen thingy only imagined by ancient astronaut theorists containing at least 2 (but not limited to two) thingies your lab partners loves most of all...and that is all...other wise you will be assimilated..with pointy fingers and calls of "You don't follow the RULES!!"...no serious...This is an international swap, and that means things can get a tad (if a tad is as big as your head...) out of control as far as postage.  So...just to be clear...for this swap, you need to A. Smash two (or more) things your partner LURV's into (one or more if doing smalls) new thing(s) and B. Send it to them in Outer Mongolia (if that is where you best partner is..) with out having to mortgage your house (unless that's cool with you)...and resistance is NOT futile when it comes to extras...do resist!!

What follows is a re-enactment of the paper work one has to do to get the proper licenses to ensure none of us get registered in the"EEekkk! Don't swap there!!" department..

Swap name:  The Loyal Mutant Swap of 2014!! (the exclamation points are, or course, relevant)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Her Ultimate Overlordness of the Unknown normally known as suereal
Craftster member who keeps the organizer of this swap under some kind of control:  BirdBones other wise known as Co-orginzer Supreme, Her Highness of Amazingness
Please feel free to use your super secret scientist monicker (as well as your craftster name) if you prefer...

Sign-up date range: JAN. 1st 2014 till JAN. 8th 2014
Date to send item by: JAN 31 2014

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): How many scientists does it take to make a creature?...40?

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO...nope..no...not at all
If so, which country?  The world

Additional Age requirement?   Need parental permission..no not really..I'm older than you anyway Grin

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO--YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO--YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO--NOT Orging ANYTHING Else
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO--all ready done
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO--as dirt

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:  My nano bots should deal with any interlopers..
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO--
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO--
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO--
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO--
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO--
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO--
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO--
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:  Loyal Mutant Swap
Craftster username:  
Email address:  
Your real name:  
Mailing address including the country, and please list it as it would appear on the label:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?  Don't answer this as it is an international swap and I will give you someone in a different country if you ask not to get one...
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

So..this swap is to design and make a brand new never before seen mutant using at least, but not limited to, 2 things off their list of things your lab partner love.  It can be one medium mutant, or 2 small mutants....NO EXTRAS, as this is an international swap and there is no promise that you will get to mail within country.

Please list some number of items that you feel relevant (knowing that the more you list, the more interesting your mutant might be) of things that you hold dear.
(Personally, I'm shooting for 23...)

Now, list things that only your arch enemy would make you endure (things you don't like ...like pink (I mean the color not the singer..but if you just can't stand her, list her) or politics, or putrescence....hermmm...seems I have a thing against P)
(feel free to go on if you hate more things then not..)

You can make said items out of what ever you wish into what ever you wish (IN other words, make what ever you want out of what every you like...wait..those words weren't that different...), just PLEASE put all your best scientific and creative efforts into your creation.  It's not so much about  how you make (as long as you make it well) but that you smash things together, creating new mutations that shall take over the WORLD!!!!!! *cough*...I mean...new mutations that will make your lab partner delirious with delight.  Some items that you might consider making are
Stuffies
Tshirts
Dolls or Action Figures
Wall hangings
Pillows
Robots (killer or otherwise)
Viruses
Time Manipulation Devices
Ray Guns
Fridge Magnets
Hooplas
Mug Rugs
The possibilities are ENDLESS!!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

And be kind...by that I mean post in the forum once in awhile so that we know your creation has not consumed you, let us know if life happens and you can't deal with the time issues, post pics ASAP, or talk to your partner before they send about photo issues so THEY can take nice photos.  Everyone should be excited about what they send...so please, be excited about posting what they sent Grin

People who like to smash things together..
1.  suereal
2.  BirdBones
3.  Sylvani
4.  Annchen
5.  The Raging Sloth
6.  Ludi
7.  Wulf
8.  RobbinZombie
9.  pjr107
10.  Acadian Driftwood
11.  Lunamione
12.  vincentvanbuck
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014 12:58:28 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014 08:11:46 AM »

Lab Partners

suereal--RobbinZombie

BirdBones--Wulf

Ludi-- The Raging Sloth

Annchen--vincentvanbuck

pjr107--Lunamione

Arcadian Driftwood--Sylvani
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014 10:15:34 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
jexxican

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014 09:12:04 AM »

Sue real, you are awesome. I may have to contemplate this, but most likely I won't join. But I am thinking about it! And you are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014 09:39:50 AM »

How can anyone resist?   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvani
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014 11:14:48 AM »

This is so tempting... Shall I join? Or not? it's hard to choose from all the awesome swaps that pop up after the holidays...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014 11:58:49 AM »

This is going to be epic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylvani
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014 02:21:32 PM »

I didn't want to join this swap, but I just can't resist... Filling in my questionnaire. ^^;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014 06:14:53 PM »

Oh this looks so awesome but I'm supposed to be taking breaks from doing swapping but oooh this looks like I should join.....must resist! Must resist!

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angielou1
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014 10:56:20 PM »

Hmmmm.....interesting Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014 11:30:16 PM »

I totally want to join - but have to replace bathroom floor (dry rot) in January, so will wait until the next one (hope there will be a next one).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Screenwriting Card Trick
How to Have Good Audition Etiquette
Final Cut Transitions in Final Cut Pro Tutorial
Above and Below the Line Budgeting
Pulling Focus in Filmmaking
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...