A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 29530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2014 05:12:21 PM »

The quilt blocks look great! Your partners are going to love them.

Yofi the "manly" fabrics are great. When I worked at Jo-Annes I always said we should have a section called "boy-friendly fabric".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cedacanthus
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2014 04:56:37 AM »

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
I've got someone from instagram interested in a few things and hopefully she'll take everything as much as she wants.

(agreed on the alpaca comment - it's from my grandma's alpaca and there is SO MUCH)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puffer
« Reply #432 on: March 23, 2014 04:14:52 PM »

I want so much to be in this.but i still don't have my glasses. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #433 on: March 23, 2014 05:42:38 PM »

I was going back and forth on what to make with my awesome Star Wars fabric that I bought as remnants when working at Jo-Annes then I remembered a bag (http://versusmag.blogspot.com/2011/04/awesome-bag-tutorial-with-guest-meg-of.html) I pinned awhile back, it's called the awesome bag so it should have been a sign. I used the tute as more of a guide/inspiration, I didn't follow measurements or anything like that. While going through my button tin (one of my favorite things to do) I saw the perfect buttons, they remind me of a galaxy with the glittery blue.

And the other side is a comic book style print

I got a new dog last Wednesday and he kept wanting to chew on me and raid my craft boxes while I was trying to be productive so I stitched up a quick toy to entertain him. Not very interesting but effective at least.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014 05:50:21 PM by lady4feet - Reason: fix photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2014 06:45:25 AM »

That star wars fabric is awesome!  Perfect choice for a bag.  I like how it's kind of serious/grey on the outside and then bright colors in the lining.

I finished a lap quilt recently.  The fabric I used for the blocks was from stash, but I had to buy backing, batting, and border fabric. So it's only half stash, but that's still about 3 yards of fabric turned into something useful.

Close-Up by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2014 06:59:08 AM »

Love your quilt, Gaudiknigth, the blue colours are so beautiful. It is a great bag, Lady4feet. And I hope you will get your glasses soon, Puffer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2014 07:04:06 AM »

that is striking!

Love the starwars bag...

My sister spent a week at my house and part of the week was spent helping me throw out or give stuff away....it was very traumatic.  I finally threw out my chair caning supplies from the 1970's...a whole bunch of tin cans...and tons of old clothes that I am never going to remake or reuse...a total of about six huge black trash bags made it to the curb this morning...I just drove away without looking back, but I am stressed.

I have two years to pare down my stuff as we will be moving into our much smaller home...it is exciting and stressful! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2014 07:13:18 AM »

I feel your pain, alwaysinmyroom.  I'm moving in just under three months, and trying to mentally figure out how much space I can devote to craft supplies in the new place has been really stressful.  It is so helpful to have someone else there being the voice of reason (no, you don't need the contents of the jar labeled "bits of string too small to save"). 

If you're having real trouble, sometimes boxing things up you're waffling on and then leaving them in the basement for a month or so can be helpful.  If you suddenly have the urge to use an item (despite letting them languish for the last five years) you can dig them out again.  But if you haven't needed them in the last four weeks having them out of sight and mind and already boxed up makes getting rid of them a little less painful.  I had to do that with books when I was paring down my collection for the last move.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #438 on: March 25, 2014 01:55:17 PM »

lol my husband is constantly reminding me that the stuff in a bigger house is not going to fit...period. At least I am making what I really want to make and not sweating the small ridiculous projects any more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2014 02:09:46 PM »

Even with a crazy month at work I was able to do a little de-stashing:

A shamrock for St. Patrick's Day (it didn't use up a lot of yarn, but every little bit helps)

And a pink and purple chevron hat (I was able to finish off a skein of pink Red Heart and most of a Vanna's choice in the purple!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Zooey Deschanel 60s Updo Tutorial
How to Do a Chic Curly Updo
How to Style a Festive Bow Hairdo
How to Do a Vintage Beehive Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...