A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,983
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 70261 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

texscrapper
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2014 02:01:38 AM »

Sad So sorry Trina! Maybe you can put aside a portion on the money he's paying in rent and use it for some awesome new storage for your supplies. Then it would be fun to get everything back and sorted and pretty once he leaves.

HUGS! I hope you can reclaim your space soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.
ChameleonHound
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2014 06:47:17 AM »

That sounds rough! When I get stressed out, I usually turn to crafting, so I can imagine how difficult it is when you can't! Hang in there, and maybe treat yourself to some small craft items that you can do with minimal space to help take the edge off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2014 08:04:57 AM »

totally understand, Trina...we moved my Mom in a year ago and it is very frustrating to try to find things...most of my stuff is still in the house, but we have had to use the garage for some things and the mess is causing me a lot of stress...hang in there...hopefully it is a temporary situation and you will be able to claim your space...

I am seriously thinking of renting out a studio space
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dontneedaclassroom
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2014 10:25:21 AM »

trinalocary: Man, that stinks. Friends who turn out to be bad housemates are the worst.

If he's going to be there a while longer, maybe organizing and/or destashing a little for the interim would help? I did that when I had to move into my parent's basement for a year (ugh). I went through (or at least opened) each box, labelled it, and made stacks of related boxes. Granted, they still took up a huge chunk of floor space... but at least I could find stuff. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2014 10:32:28 AM »

As another person who's also done the "move back into their parents place" bit (ugh indeed) and had to store the stash in less than ideal places for the duration, I will agree that even just having things stacked neatly makes it seem more manageable.  Mentally it feels as if you could just dive into your supplies at any point and start on something (if only you had a worktable).  The stacking and labeling process is also a great time to assess whether you really need to hold on to certain items, which will make moving things back into their own room and getting back in the crafting saddle much quicker.

You have my sympathy!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014 10:34:32 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2014 12:27:00 PM »

Some great advice there Trina, I hope you can find a happy medium until your friend leaves.

I was gifted approx 6 metres of faux fur yesterday. It's beautiful and I think I will be making a throw for our bed and a vest for myself. I fully intend to use it up this year and NOT save it because it'd so soft and lovely  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
dontneedaclassroom
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2014 12:47:22 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr: do you listen to Welcome to Night Vale? You should make yourself furry date pants! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2014 01:18:23 PM »

Thank you for letting me vent. Maybe because I put it out there but WOOT...HE IS MOVING!!!
So now it is time to completely redo my art room from scratch, it is daunting but I am determined to do it right.  When he told me I had to keep from dancing like a fool :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://trinaxxl.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2015 ... 1/50  (Individual items finished 2)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437212.msg5274970#msg5274970
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2014 02:03:24 PM »

dontneedaclassroom I have no idea what you are talking about but now I want furry pants anyway  Grin

Good news Trina!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
dontneedaclassroom
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2014 03:00:13 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr : Welcome to Night Vale is a podcast - sort of a horror/scifi radio show, in the style of, say, A Prairie Home Companion. It's great, both creepy and funny.

Anyway, Cecil, the radio host, went on a first date wearing his "best tunic and furry pants." Your mention of a fur vest made me think of it. Smiley

~

trinalocakary: Congrats!

~

My February destash goals... did not quite make it into production. I did complete three swaps using only stash materials, and I donated a lot of fabric & clothes I was never going to use for anything. But I didn't tailor any clothes, or get rid of my old pads of paper, or make anything for myself - and I had to buy glossy fixative, too. :-/  So I guess the leftover goals are getting moved up to March.

(Plus I need to buy watercolor paper for my next swap! Aaaah it never ends)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brown Onion Gravy
Grilled Zucchini & Yellow Squash
Peanut Butter Marinated Chicken Tenders
Country Style Meatloaf
Ham, Tomato and Cheese Bake
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...