A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 124547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2014 02:44:47 PM »

It's ok CLM - if we all didn't emphathize with you, we wouldn't be posting in this thread! Hope you scored some awesome deals!

I've been working on a few swap items today that I made from my stash - took pics, and will post once they are received.

Here area few other items I've made ....

AG Doll clothes for a swap partner

The skirt is reversible!

I also made a set of hanging towels for myself to help decorate for Valentine's Day!

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2014 05:37:40 PM »

Well time for my "use it up" list for February, my goal is 10 items/month so going to make a list of 15 items as a pick and choose list

1)5 bottles of paints
2)green fleece
3)purple fabric
4)Quilt backing
5)Blue cuddle luscious
6)Teal flannel
7)Teal and black quilt fabrics
8)purple and green stripe fabric
9)satins (yes, all 4 pieces this month)
10)snowflake fleece
11)purple, green, and gold seed beads
12)advent calendar panel
13)doll house furniture kits
14)lace trim

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2014 06:34:37 PM »

CLM - No hating, I promise! I'm just excited to think that I really can (eventually) justify buying myself a serger, or an FMQ machine. I have only ever owned one machine, but it's been good to me.

I think I finished about 10 projects in January, all from stash. All of my craft supplies have been sorted, though, and that's great. Now I just have to get all of the boxes and furniture in proper storage so I can use my room again! This knee-deep snow is so frustrating!  Tongue

I spent $6.50 on craft supplies last month. We went to a last-minute birthday party for my nephew and I went to Jo-Ann's to get him a book on drawing, and I was running seriously late in bad weather (not making a separate stop for a card) so I ended up buying some blank cards/envelopes and embellishments. Bonus: I have the stuff I need to make 23 more cards.  Wink

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2014 08:16:13 AM »

I exhibited disgustingly huge amounts of self control by exiting out of my shopping cart on etsy before entering my credit card information.  ~AND~ I started out with $50 worth in the shopping cart and had brought it down to $10 before getting to the credit card point. 

*dancing and celebrating...and also regretting.  Tongue  *

As far as actual DE-stashing, I have made two jewelry displays in the last two days: 
One uses an embroidery hoop that was missing the little screw to loosen and tighten, and some window screen.  It also uses some of the ribbon stash.

The second one uses an old picture frame that I had utterly destroyed with an attempt to make one of those awesome rhinestone wreaths.   The wreath was an utter failure, but the jewelry display isn't.  It used up the frame and this really cool piece of fabric that I have been holding onto forever with no idea at all what to do with it. 

I'll update this post with photos in a little while, once the paint dries. 

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2014 08:56:28 AM »

I've done pretty good with only using my stash, so far this year. I have made 7 items from stash, but I haven't completely used up an entire item yet. I always manage to have a good chunk of yarn left over or a large piece of fabric I refuse to throw away. Maybe this month I will focus on using up my smaller bits of supplies.

« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2014 10:42:02 AM »

I have made two jewelry displays in the last two days.  Both super easy.  I'll post pictures in a little while, once the paint dries.

Okay, here are three pictures:
1) the tray display I made awhile ago.  This time, it's being used.  It's filled with a bunch of necklaces I made.  Sadly, it's upside down. 

2) the hoop display I made.  The earrings in it are store-bought way back when I managed a Claire's.  It was a dangerous place for someone who was born with the magpie gene.  Tongue

3) the frame display.  It's sideways, because I can't figure out how to change it.  But, all of the earrings on it are ones I made. 

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2014 12:05:22 PM »

This is such a good idea, I'm joining in asap.

Hilariously, I did actually sort out my entire stash about a year ago. I even decorated some nice little shoeboxes to keep the stuff in by covering them with maps. I just never labelled the boxes. (Who does that?)

I started doing some swaps and Xmas decorations with stuff in my stash starting in December ... and now instead of being in untouched boxes in the closet, my stash is in rifled-through boxes all over my bedroom floor. At least I used some stuff?

February organization goals:
- donate all the clothes in my "no really I'm going to tailor it" boxes that are more than 1 size too small or have been in there since the last time I moved (why do I even have more than one box???)
- label all my boxes so I don't have to open them all up to find stuff
- get rid of the huge pads of paper from my figure drawing classes over the years - only keep pages I would put in a theoretical portfolio

February craft goals (using only my stash!):
- do at least 3 swaps this month (including ATCs)
- do at least 1 craft for somebody I know irl Smiley
- actually tailor at least one garment
- BONUS ROUND: make something useful for myself

Side note, I'm trying to get up interest for an "envelope of ephemera" swap that might be of interest to folks in this thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431198.0
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2014 07:02:26 AM »

Awesome goal list.  I've got a box of "to be mended" clothes too, but at this point they've been in there so long I'd probably never wear them.  It's amazing how those things accumulate.

Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2014 07:35:24 AM »

I am finally going to throw out all of the clothes that I was going to "refashion"...I don't even want the fabric anymore...

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2014 09:11:30 AM »

I am finally going to throw out all of the clothes that I was going to "refashion"...I don't even want the fabric anymore...

You might consider donating them to your local Salvation Army or similar charity instead. I asked a friend who serves on our local board what happens to clothing donations that are torn or stained or otherwise unsaleable. She said those clothing items are bundled and sold as rags to a company that shreds them, then turns the shredded fabric into insulation, paper, etc. Check with the charity first to make sure they aren't just going to toss the clothes, but if they do recycling, you could be helping yourself, the charity, and the environment. Just a thought.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

50 Projects in 2016
195/190 in 2016, 189/15, 185/14, 47/13
Holiday Cards/Tags
SS Ornament Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Spooky Halloween Shrubs
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...