A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 46610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2014 09:42:44 AM »

Well January went well.  I did buy new stuff but its for specific projects and I used up more than what I bought.  I think I completed around 10 projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2014 10:53:39 AM »

*gawking* at Feast Your Eyes' incredible skill!  That is AH-Maze-ing!

I made a few things, and pulled out some from that huge bag of "half finished" projects.  I posted them over in jewelry. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431238.0#axzz2s67XqMf6

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431240.0#axzz2s68OTsuw

I am going to be doing some more, and clearing out the huge bag. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2014 11:28:17 AM »

I finished 8 projects, 7 of those used materials from stash.
I used 4 skeins of yarn and bought none. I spent $10 on materials for papercrafts and $8 on felt for a big project i'm working on.

For february, i have a huge pile of clothes that i want to reuse in some way. This month I want to use as many as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2014 12:47:03 PM »

Confession time.

Today I raided my cupboard in order to complete some more of an ongoing project, using lots of stash. Grin

Today I found that not one, but 2 varieties of glue had gone off because they had lain unused in my stash for so long.  Embarrassed

Today I went out and bought 3 varieties of glue. Shocked
But at least I've used 2 of them so far.

I didn't realise glue could go off. Harden up-yes, dry out-yes, go off-never heard of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2014 01:03:49 PM »

Tarnation! Passing through the fabric district darn darn darn it, didn't I see a store with foam and just Have to go in and ask about remnants and then buy some. What is the matter with me? I have a serious problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2014 01:53:50 PM »

I think we all have that issue CLM.  I know that I can't pass a craft store without stopping in "just to look" if I have a spare few minutes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2014 02:44:47 PM »

It's ok CLM - if we all didn't emphathize with you, we wouldn't be posting in this thread! Hope you scored some awesome deals!

I've been working on a few swap items today that I made from my stash - took pics, and will post once they are received.

Here area few other items I've made ....

AG Doll clothes for a swap partner

The skirt is reversible!

I also made a set of hanging towels for myself to help decorate for Valentine's Day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
J_Kieviet
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2014 05:37:40 PM »

Well time for my "use it up" list for February, my goal is 10 items/month so going to make a list of 15 items as a pick and choose list

1)5 bottles of paints
2)green fleece
3)purple fabric
4)Quilt backing
5)Blue cuddle luscious
6)Teal flannel
7)Teal and black quilt fabrics
8)purple and green stripe fabric
9)satins (yes, all 4 pieces this month)
10)snowflake fleece
11)purple, green, and gold seed beads
12)advent calendar panel
13)doll house furniture kits
14)lace trim
15)yarn

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2014 06:34:37 PM »

CLM - No hating, I promise! I'm just excited to think that I really can (eventually) justify buying myself a serger, or an FMQ machine. I have only ever owned one machine, but it's been good to me.

I think I finished about 10 projects in January, all from stash. All of my craft supplies have been sorted, though, and that's great. Now I just have to get all of the boxes and furniture in proper storage so I can use my room again! This knee-deep snow is so frustrating!  Tongue

I spent $6.50 on craft supplies last month. We went to a last-minute birthday party for my nephew and I went to Jo-Ann's to get him a book on drawing, and I was running seriously late in bad weather (not making a separate stop for a card) so I ended up buying some blank cards/envelopes and embellishments. Bonus: I have the stuff I need to make 23 more cards.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2014 08:16:13 AM »

I exhibited disgustingly huge amounts of self control by exiting out of my shopping cart on etsy before entering my credit card information.  ~AND~ I started out with $50 worth in the shopping cart and had brought it down to $10 before getting to the credit card point. 

*dancing and celebrating...and also regretting.  Tongue  *

As far as actual DE-stashing, I have made two jewelry displays in the last two days: 
One uses an embroidery hoop that was missing the little screw to loosen and tighten, and some window screen.  It also uses some of the ribbon stash.

The second one uses an old picture frame that I had utterly destroyed with an attempt to make one of those awesome rhinestone wreaths.   The wreath was an utter failure, but the jewelry display isn't.  It used up the frame and this really cool piece of fabric that I have been holding onto forever with no idea at all what to do with it. 

I'll update this post with photos in a little while, once the paint dries. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bronzed Look and Bold Lashes Tutorial
How to Get Cool Girl Eyeliner
How to Cover a Blemish
How to Use Scotch Tape to Perfect Liquid Eyeliner
Laura Mercier: How to Flawlessly Apply Your Foundation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...