A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 308,227
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 83
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 121758 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2014 12:06:32 AM »

so this past week I used up about 10 meters of fabric - today I bought about 4 meters-all for specific need to do projects, I will call it a win.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
gaudiknight
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2014 05:36:13 AM »

February Themes

10/3.2012 - organizing by julochka, on Flickr

Color: Red
Pattern: Paisley
For: Organizing
Challenge 1: Put the stash in order.  Untangle your yarn, fold your fabric, and throw out the bits of string that are too small to save.
Challenge 2: Make a just-because present for someone who needs to be cheered up or as a Random Act of Kindness.
Link Party! We all like to gawk at pretty pictures and projects.  Share some links to your favorite crafty organizing ideas or spaces to jump start our motivation.  I'll try to collect them into the space at the beginning of the thread so they're easy to find.

Now is also a good time to tally up how January went.  How many projects did you make from stash?  Did the amount you used equal the amount of materials you added to your stash?  What was your favorite?  Do you need to set any new goals or challenges for yourself to keep motivated for the next month?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014 05:38:34 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2014 06:15:30 AM »

Now is also a good time to tally up how January went.  How many projects did you make from stash?  Did the amount you used equal the amount of materials you added to your stash?  What was your favorite?  Do you need to set any new goals or challenges for yourself to keep motivated for the next month?

January recap!
Completed 13 projects in January;  8 of those projects were made completely from the stash
I only added what I needed for planned projects - those were for my 50 in 2014 plans!
Spent $48 of the $50 (monthly) craft budget that I set for myself
My fave item this month was the front door wreath
Feb Goal - Make at least 5 projects using stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2014 07:11:37 AM »

Made a good start on organising today! I have a huge ile for donation and a huge amount of rubbish too.
I've sorted all of my packaging into one drawer,all of my crochet thread into another,papers and stamps into the third and the fourth one is being labelled "miscellaneous" as it contains all the things I can't throw away  Roll Eyes
I've down to two boxes of fabric and very little yarn,I'll see exactly what I've got when I tackle that later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
gaudiknight
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2014 07:55:19 AM »

January Recap Time!

I only finished three projects, all of which were from stash but very small, so didn't make much of a dent.
I started and abandoned one project because I didn't have enough yarn in stash to finish it.
I have two WIPs going, one of which is a carryover from 2013.

I did not add anything to stash.
I gave away 2 balls of yarn, a stack of scrapbook paper half an inch thick, and two paper grocery sacks worth of fabric.

So far I'm doing well on my 2014 DeStashing goals, except that I haven't really been keeping track of how much time I spend doing crafts.  The answer is not much, because January has been a crazy month for lots of other things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2014 09:42:44 AM »

Well January went well.  I did buy new stuff but its for specific projects and I used up more than what I bought.  I think I completed around 10 projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2014 10:53:39 AM »

*gawking* at Feast Your Eyes' incredible skill!  That is AH-Maze-ing!

I made a few things, and pulled out some from that huge bag of "half finished" projects.  I posted them over in jewelry. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431238.0#axzz2s67XqMf6

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431240.0#axzz2s68OTsuw

I am going to be doing some more, and clearing out the huge bag. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2014 11:28:17 AM »

I finished 8 projects, 7 of those used materials from stash.
I used 4 skeins of yarn and bought none. I spent $10 on materials for papercrafts and $8 on felt for a big project i'm working on.

For february, i have a huge pile of clothes that i want to reuse in some way. This month I want to use as many as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2014 12:47:03 PM »

Confession time.

Today I raided my cupboard in order to complete some more of an ongoing project, using lots of stash. Grin

Today I found that not one, but 2 varieties of glue had gone off because they had lain unused in my stash for so long.  Embarrassed

Today I went out and bought 3 varieties of glue. Shocked
But at least I've used 2 of them so far.

I didn't realise glue could go off. Harden up-yes, dry out-yes, go off-never heard of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2014 01:53:50 PM »

I think we all have that issue CLM.  I know that I can't pass a craft store without stopping in "just to look" if I have a spare few minutes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 83 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...