A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 39650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brandyk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014 01:20:39 PM »

Those curtains & washclothes are absolutely wonderful! The quilt was a masterpiece! I have finished 2 quilt tops from stash fabric so far. I will cut out #3 & 4 tonight I hope. After those are done, I'll finish them up & donate them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jfer007
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014 03:38:51 PM »

I was able to knock out two bits of stash!

I re-made a headband that I somehow misplaced between work and my apartment:

And I finished a hat I started a few months ago, but then forgot about due to Christmas crafting:

I also went through one of my craft boxes yesterday and discovered it was half full of memorabilia. Cards, notes, pictures, little things like that. One of my goals for this year (while not technically destashing) is to organize that. I'm going to find something to do with all these precious goodies, instead of hiding them away! I'm thinking about binding some cards together and make a book with some of  the super special ones I don't want ruined.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014 04:11:17 PM »

Thanks for the comments! I have odds and ends left so my next ones will be a mix of all the above colors. Cheesy

You can get a potholder loom at most craft stores. They come with cotton loops, but I've never used them. Here is a video that shows the way that I do it. Very easy and a great way to use up cotton yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014 04:52:36 PM »

Thanks Vampedangel! My daughter has that loom and the loops, but isn't too into it. I much prefer the look it gives with the yarn like you did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014 05:08:47 PM »

I was active in the Red Hat Society several years ago, and bought quite a bit of RHS fabric during that time. I'm no longer involved with the group so I've been donating my stuff to various friends who are active Red Hatters. These pieces of cotton fabric are heading to a Craftster friend in Texas who quilts.

I'm also sending her some iron-on decals and an applique patch as well as a stamp that I hope she'll be able to use. Glad to give them to her, but even happier for myself to de-stash them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
120/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- 3/12 done
Mug Rug Swap
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2014 06:45:36 PM »

I finished one of my UFOs today. It's a magnetic 'to do' list. I printed out a list of the chores I need to do daily/weekly onto magnet-backed-paper, then used my rotary cutter and quilting ruler to cut nice, straight lines. The strips of blue are just the leftover edges of the magnetic sheet colored with a sharpie. Organizational refrigerator poetry.  Wink

I also did some more decluttering of my craft room. I sorted through my desk drawer filled with all of my tools and got the junk out of it. My box of ribbon got emptied... most of it was inherited from a friend and in bad condition, so I pitched it. The few spools that were new got added to the donate pile because I have no immediate use for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014 08:24:15 PM »

Definitely cleared some shelf space tonight.. We picked up a kid's airbrush kit at goodwill a while back, looked like it had never been used. We finally got around to trying it tonight, and the hose was kinked, bad. My husband took the whole thing apart and tried to repair it, but it just wasn't happening. So we were able to throw out the airbrush portion into the garbage. My daughter and I were able to blow into the back of the markers and make them work as airbrush and we used up two canvases from the craft store, aka my laundry room. We were just experimenting, but she wants to hang them up in her room, so win win.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014 04:51:28 AM »

Definitely cleared some shelf space tonight.. We picked up a kid's airbrush kit at goodwill a while back, looked like it had never been used. We finally got around to trying it tonight, and the hose was kinked, bad. My husband took the whole thing apart and tried to repair it, but it just wasn't happening. So we were able to throw out the airbrush portion into the garbage. My daughter and I were able to blow into the back of the markers and make them work as airbrush and we used up two canvases from the craft store, aka my laundry room. We were just experimenting, but she wants to hang them up in her room, so win win.

It's a bummer about the airbrush kit, but the artwork turned out awesome!  Heck, I'd hang them in ~my~ room, too!  Great job!

I finished one of my UFOs today. It's a magnetic 'to do' list. I printed out a list of the chores I need to do daily/weekly onto magnet-backed-paper, then used my rotary cutter and quilting ruler to cut nice, straight lines. The strips of blue are just the leftover edges of the magnetic sheet colored with a sharpie. Organizational refrigerator poetry.  Wink

I love that to-do list!  What a great idea!  I have a bunch of magnets that I was given from a friend who is a seamstress, but closed her business.  That is a genius idea for something to do with them.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014 07:14:04 PM »

brandyk -- Wait, did you just say that you're working on quilt tops 3 and 4?  You're smokin!  I've been super laid back during Christmas break with all the kids home.  Maybe I'll get in gear once they go back to school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014 07:22:02 AM »

Finished up a swap package using supplies from the stash - I'll post once it's received. Also going to try to work on a wreath that has been in my pile for a while today Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Clothes to Buy Your Baby Before Knowing the Gender
Three One Piece Ideas for Boys
Three Dresses Ideas for Girls
3 Ideas of Bottoms For Boys
Top 3 Shirts for Boys
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...