A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 51921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014 10:52:33 PM »

This is a huge part of my artistic and financial resolutions this year, I really need to use the ridiculously huge stash I have and save money, I was so much better money wise last year but also do to various issues I didn't create as much as I might like.
My goal this year is to spend less than $200 for the year on supplies including any sewing material or thrifted material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014 12:29:38 AM »

I'm in again, too. I have been trying to tidy up the craft room for weeks now, but it got to that stage that I keep moving things around but don't have any place to stow it away. And I have to finish so many UFOs! The OWS helps me to get crafting, but it makes me buy things, too. Let's see how the Bead Soup Swap turns out, last time I sent off nearly 1000g of beads, and this time I have 2 partners...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014 03:52:40 AM »

I successfully located an entire corner in my FEMA disaster zone craft room! Doing so netted me 4 UFO's and a pile of things that are "oh, I meant to...". 
Unfortunately I have a pretty wicked back problem, and can only do so much at a time.  I will be working on it some more today, and as a reward, I will be doing some of the "oh, I meant to" projects.  They are small and easy to do while sitting still on the heating pad for a few hours. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014 05:25:35 AM »

Welcome aboard everyone!

I love how much enthusiasm there is at the beginning of the year (the hard part, as with all resolutions, is to keep the momentum going...)

For those who are going cold-turkey on new craft supplies - Good Luck! 

I like the ideas of setting mini-goals for yourself each month as dulcet is doing.  It can give achievable (measurable) results that will work towards all-year goals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoboe

I'm cute and fluffy!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014 07:08:07 AM »

I just moved, over Christmas (never ever ever move during the holiday season!), so my stash is in boxes everywhere, and my craft space is being used as staging for unpacking.  So my resolution for January is to get it unpacked and destashed!  I have a bunch of UFOs I'm sure I'll find as I dig thru the piles of stuff, and I'm definitely going to send out packages of fabric, yarn and other things out to people who want it! My other goal for this year is to start being active on Craftster again Cheesy 

Pics to come later. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014 09:30:17 AM »

EMBARASSING! The landlord neglected to mention someone was coming by for an inspection today and Everything is Everywhere! OMG, I am almost neurotically tidy and absolutely hate people seeing my space messy. I can't tell you how uncomfortable that was for me, good grief. Inspiration to get it finished today, I don't think I can handle that level of humiliation again in this lifetime. Drrr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
whatthepuck
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014 12:08:32 PM »

If anything I need to organize. Mr. Bean is going work at home in a couple of weeks and half of the craft room will be his office. No more encroaching on his space.  Cry

My yarn goal is to get my stash down to one rubber maid bin. Yes, I said one. My stash is not my fault, it's inherited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014 12:56:41 PM »

Oh, no, CLM! That's awful. IME, most people are really understanding about that, though. We almost all have days where our houses are just not presentable. I say almost because I know some real neat freaks whose homes look curated 24/7.  Tongue

While my DS finished lunch, I cleared a big box of never-used specialty dishes out of my curio cabinet. After lunch, he emptied my box of painting supplies onto the floor (no mess as he didn't open anything) while I cleared two boxes of books off of my shelves and bagged up two grocery bags full of paper and plastic for recycling, and another small bag of trash.  Cheesy Feels so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014 01:22:52 PM »

10" square #1 to kick off my SS destash  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014 01:44:34 PM »

Very pretty, Kookaloo. Now how are you going to use it? Looks like it would make a very feminine scarf if you added some more blocks to the opposing sides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
180/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Personalize Your Own Look
How to Style Your Turtleneck Sweater
How to Wear Sparkle for the Holidays
A Day to Night Look with J Brand Jeans
‘Tis The Season to Entertain in Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...