A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 38630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014 10:47:43 AM »

So, I think I will just follow along for awhile until I have something to add, then jump in.  I'm having surgery next week, so any crafting that I will do will be in February or later. 

I have been working on destashing for the past few months, but my "craft" room is still a disaster.  I have made a pact with myself to not buy anything new until I have used up at least half of what I have.  That may take a year, but it's my goal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014 11:58:29 AM »

I am a jill of all trades-craft wise so this will be a great challenge for me to use up my bits and bobs. I want to try it all and I ended up with a lot of leftovers. I am excited to join this to work down my leftovers into usable objects. I have tons of sale priced or gift intended yarns and lots of little pieces of fabrics that don't quite go with other things.

I may still add to ye olde stash a bit here and there, but I'd like to downsize it overall to allow less chaos and more freedom. I may not be keeping all of it, but at least I'll keep my creative groove on and benefit myself and/or others.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014 12:49:52 PM »

I'm in!  I think I'll have to find myself goals as I go along each month.  This month's goal will be to sort through all the stuff that has accumulated around my crafting area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014 02:14:03 PM »

I'm in, too! My craft room has become the storage room for all the things that my toddler can't play with for safety reasons...it's a disaster.

I have a lot of WIPs floating around that need to be completed before I start anything new. I also have a lot of supplies that I bought with a project in mind, then never got started on. Between finishing WIPs and completing the other planned projects, I figure I can keep myself pretty busy this year.

Our family is also working towards minimizing the number of things cluttering up our closets and house. Since a lot of my planned projects were clothes (nothing fits after the baby), hopefully I can pare down my wardrobe into a few essential garments that I love to wear and clear out the pieces that I don't, all while using up my stash.

So, three goals for me:
1. No starting something new before my WIP list is cleared.
2. No buying supplies until all the planned projects are done (unless I need something small to finish it).
3. Give away the excess stuff (supplies, finished items, duplicates, etc.).

I'm really looking forward to this journey with all you lovely people!  Kiss Happy New Year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014 02:56:10 PM »

This year I hope to get completely organized! I currently have two huge tupperware storage type bins full of miscellaneous craft supplies, a few boxes of fabric and baskets and baskets full of yarn!

I am also going to attempt to make as many gifts as I can, just to get things out of the way! In the past 5 years, I've lived in 4 different states and moving all of my craft things is getting pretty annoying (finished objects or even supplies). I'm just trying to minimize this year as much as possible.

I'm doing the destash-along combined with the 50 Projects in 2014 along to stay motivated. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014 04:15:18 PM »

I am hoping to do a lot more destashing then I did in 2013. We moved into a new house and I had a plan that all of my crafting items were going to fit (properly not just shoved in random locations like at the last house) in a certain area. Yeah right! Only about a quarter of my stash fits in the designated space. So I need to get off my butt and get to sewing, among other things.

I am planning on utilizing the challenges and themes this year too. I totally work better if I have a specific goal in mind last year I just kind of read them and moved on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014 04:33:53 PM »

I'm in again. I am setting a crafting budget for myself of $50 a month. I know I can't go cold turkey and I will need a little bit to help with some projects that I have the materials but may need to complete.

I'm hoping to use up some of my stash fabric in my swaps this year - I already have a few projects claimed in the OWS.

My craft room is clean, but I need to tackle the closets now. That's my goal for the weekend! Sort and figure out the project list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014 04:54:35 PM »

I've been sorting and organizing and making piles of give away for 2 days now and it's still Such a mess in here, ack! I don't feel like I'm making very much headway at all. I know this stage though, it has to get worse before it gets better. Every. Single. Time. You think I'd learn not to collect more stuff than my space can handle but NO, lol. I really need you girls this year again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014 07:37:08 PM »

I'm in for sure in 2014! I have a massive stash that I need to get under control. I had little to no time for crafting the later half of 2012 and then all of 2013, so not much for supplies got used up. Happy to report though, I didn't really buy that much more either!

Fabric- I have a ton of fabric I need to use up... one of those random things because I do not sew that often. I am changing that in 2014 though, my husband even set me up a sewing station in the den for Christmas! Today I started on Patchwork curtains for the baby's room, using up lots of 12x12 odds and ends. I only have finishing touches left, so should be done with the curtains tomorrow!

Yarn- I had a ridiculous amount of yarn, and a friend of mine gave me a large garbage bag full of camouflage yarn that she didn't want, so I went through my stash and found 2 garbage sacks of odds and ends yarn that she wanted for animal shelter projects.

Then the rest of my stash is mostly odds and ends of random stuff, I need to go through that and just get rid of some stuff that I'm not going to use!

I am determined to destash in 2014!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014 07:53:07 PM »

I never officially joined this last year, but I did let all of you inspire me to do some destashing. I used 10 yds. of fleece from my stash to make blankets just in December alone and used lots from my yarn and fabric stashes throughout the year, but I still have a ton of destashing that I need to do. Maybe if I join this Destash-along and document what I use I'll get more things cleared out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
120/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- starting to craft
Mug Rug Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tyrant: The Final Look - A Polished Creative Look
How to Get Sexy, Full-Bodied Hair
Moroccan Inspired Hairstyles at the Tadashi Shoji FW 2014 Show
How to Get the Haircut You Want
Celeb Stylist Ashley Javier on How to Get Retro-Glam Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...