A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2014 DeStash-Along  (Read 29730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Taramor
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2014 02:45:50 AM »

Bushbaby - it does look much better. Now you can sit at the table, and reach the shelves.
Tendtowardschaos - I love your graphic way of showing how you sorted your stuff  Cheesy. And great job! You will be able to see all your nice paper now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2014 03:29:18 AM »

I can't quit laughing long enough to type  Grin Who let you in my house, bushbaby?? Yours looks as rough as mine, believe me. That is just the nature of crafts and stash. Oh, and people know that you do projects? They want to give you everything. The old "Grandma passed on, and we found all this stuff" thing. "We knew you could use it"...{ME} well yeah, but not for a million years  Grin Do you have a cattle barn I can borrow?? Hee, hee. They all mean well, and I have actually gotten some really interesting and good things. So I am not complaining.

My complaint is this: I don't have crafty friends here in my area. You know, pals to trade with. Being in Tennessee...wouldn't you think there would be more craft here? NOPE. Crafts stores...1...Hobby Lobby. Quilt shops...3 just shut their doors recent. WalMart....just shortened all their craft isles. And squished it into a tiny little space. Sad. What is this world coming to?? Art is important. For mind, body, soul. It can be frustrating, but that just fuels us to create more. And more mess  Grin

Anyway, off the soap box again.
~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2014 06:17:35 AM »

Awesome progress, Bushbaby!

Thanks,Taramor! Bookbinding is is one of my favorite crafts, and I've made just one book in who knows how long. I found three book blocks in that mess just waiting to be covered!

Stillatthetop - It's odd that while Wally World is reducing their crafting section, Meijer (their main competition out here) is increasing theirs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2014 02:09:44 PM »

Wow--many of you have made wonderful progress in your spaces and also taking stock of what you have...I am going to catalog my yarns this weekend because I just received my order of yarn and guess what...I bought a few skeins that I already have...I guess I can always use them in swaps, but it just made me so mad...

Bushbaby--I definitely see progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2014 02:49:11 PM »

I was a victim of The Great Fabric Destash on Instagram. I have a FQ bundle and a layer cake on their way to me, and I have no idea what I'm going to use them for yet.  Undecided

Also, I'm going to the craft store today to get a few things I need to finish up some swap items. This one is less of a big deal. I have some built in wiggle room in my destash goals, and the purchases are minor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2014 05:50:59 PM »

I cleaned up two bins of fabric, my sewing to-do box, and my drawer of lace and trims. Here come the before and after photos.  Grin

Fabric bins:

After:

Sewing to-do box:

After:

Lace and trims:

After:

I took 5 boxes of other stuff out to the barn to be stored, too. That's 5 fewer boxes cluttering up my crafting space! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2014 08:16:38 PM »

My destashing isn't going very well. Thought I'd use a ton of my fabric stash for the quilt block swap, but one of my partners (our fearless leader/craftalong moderator) asked for a color I rarely buy, gray. So of course I had to buy several fat quarters of gray 'cause I want her blocks to have variety. Then I needed to buy some different greens than what I had, so I could be sure they went well with the gray and yellow fabrics for AIMR's blocks. Then Carolmb wanted her blocks in shades of green, but the greens needed to coordinate and read as solids, so had to buy even more greens. You see where this is heading, don't you? Fortunately for the purpose of reducing my stash, I think I have more than enough of the other colors and patterns I need for my other partners. And if AIMR claims she has to add to her yellow and blue stashes because of me, what can I say? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
95/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Crafted Notecards Swap 3 - plotting for 4 partners
Quilt Block Swap 6 - questionnaire sent
J_Kieviet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2014 09:20:11 PM »

Well does it count if I let my nieces add to their fabric stashes yesterday?  They each got enough to make themselves something and something for their sisters - dresses and jammies, but it all fit in their boxes, and they have specific projects in mind.

I on the other hand have set aside a giant bag full of fabrics to donate to the school, got rid of 2 bags of garbage, and what I thought would fill 5 large rubbermaid bins has filled 2 bins, 2 small bags, and 2 small boxes to go through, the plan is one 'bin,bag, or box/day or two depending on my work schedule.

January things to de-stash -
doll house - start putting it together
box of cut fabric - purple housecoat, pink housecoat, red hoody, camping quilt,cuddle luscious quilt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2014 01:33:49 AM »

Here is the beginning of my craft room clean up. Got lots more cleaning and organizing to do but this is a good start I think.  For me to destash, it would take years lol.  I really want to just get everything put away so I can know exactly what I have.  Eventually I will ;-)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014 01:35:33 AM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
Taramor
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2014 03:21:15 AM »

Good jobs, all of you! And Kbrison Undecided Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Light Wedding Images
How to Create a Portrait With One Light
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 2/2
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...