A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,627
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuffed Pokeball!  (Read 478 times)
Tags for this thread: pokeball , pokemon , plush  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sagemuffin
« on: December 30, 2013 08:11:57 AM »

I'm doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with friends, and the person I'm gifting is unfortunately very hard to shop for. She likes anime and things of that nature, but to go out and buy an item relating to that would probably be expensive due to licensing and such. Besides, I'm a crafter! Why not make her something, as that would be more meaningful and fun?

She likes Pokemon a lot, so I thought I'd make her a Pokeball because that's pretty simple. I originally wanted to make it out of clay, but my clay was hard and I was pressed for time.
I instead turned to fabric and sewed up a little ball using the pattern provided by this lovely lady: http://stitchesandloveblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/free-fabric-balls-tutorial.html
It was a bit rough because I haven't sewed in a long time, but it was generally a ball shape...
I don't have any pics because I honestly didn't think this was going to turn out well enough to post on here! XD
Anyway, sewed up the little ball and stuffed it with some stuffing and cotton balls I had on hand.
Next, I had to figure out how to add a little color to it!
I decided on yarn after realizing I had no felt and that using more fabric was likely to be a pain.
Started wrapping red yarn around the top and gluing it down with hot glue because that was quick. I did end up switching to Elmer's glue about halfway through, though, because hot glue leaves those annoying little strings.

I also had to leave room for the little button in the middle, hence the semi-circle in the middle of the red yarn.
Next, I had to do the black lines. For some dumb reason I don't have any black yarn, so I just used a black shirt that had already been partly cut up. Stretched out a strip so that it rolled into a kind of cord (similar to yarn!) and wrapped it around. Also did the circle in the middle with a thinner strip.

Lastly, I had to do the white part. Unfortunately all I had was a thin white yarn (the red yarn was quite thick), so I had to do a base layer of white and then a second layer on top of that. Glued down the first layer with hot glue and the second layer with white glue.

Finally, all that was left was the center (the little button thing)! Just wrapped a bit more white yarn in there, and Poke was complete!

I really hope my friend likes it. I think she will. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommai
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014 11:23:08 AM »

How fun! I enjoy making custom gifts for hard to shop for people, too, and I hope she liked it! Also, go you for posting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sagemuffin
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014 09:19:55 PM »

She loved it!
I'm glad someone finally replied...I was getting a bit worried that maybe people thought it sucked or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
JFK Authors Find Conspiracy Theories Sell Lots of Books
Craig Carton Talks About New York Teams
Craig Carton on the Most Overrated Franchise in Sports
The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...