A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,534
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Navi the Fairy  (Read 704 times)
Tags for this thread: fairy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 27, 2013 01:09:22 PM »

I got to craft for mama24boyz in the recent Geeky Christmas swap.  I knew from past swaps, that she would put a TON of work into what she was making me, so I wanted to do something that would make me work hard too.  I eventually decided on a fairy from the Zelda series.  It came together slowly over time, and by the end of the whole thing I had figured out a way to get it to light up even...so that made me happy Grin

As anyone who played the N64 will know the most important aspect of Navi is just how truly annoying he is.  I have spent some time since thiking about it, and when I make my fairy for me, I'll add an insert from one of those cards that you can record onto and have it saying HEY! LISTEN!

I sent the little blue tube so she could hang it up, or have it sitting on a table...

It took me the longest to decided about the light up aspect.  I wanted it to light up, partly to help to charge the 6 or more layers of glow paint that I put down on the inside of the fairy (the ball is from a coin operated toy dispenser, or Coin Bubble Machines as I like to call them...).  I eventually settled on parts from a Halloween necklace that I bought for the parts a few years ago.  It's cool as it has a magnetic switch, so it can be turned on and off by moving the magnet.  I put a bell inside too, to make some noise, but it turned out to be a great place to put the magnet for when one wants it turned off.

I made the wings out of ironed bubble wrap, wire, and little plastic transparent stars.  I wanted to adds some sparkly, which is why I added the stars.  It's 8 layers of bb wrap.

The wings don't glow though...but the body sure does!  It can be light from the inside, and it can be charged up to glow for a bit with the outside lights as well.

Thanks for looking Grin
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013 01:13:05 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013 01:30:13 PM »

I like this a lot, I can imagine it spinning around in flight.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013 01:35:01 PM »

The next one I make I want to make weighted, so the wings flap and it bobs about in the air. M24B's doesn't bob happily around for awhile after it is pulled on when hanging.  It's an elastic cord, and it darts about like Navi is trying to take your eye out Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
milkeway
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013 07:17:22 AM »

Wow this is so cool!! (The first thing I think of still, whenever I hear Navi is "Hey! Listen!"  Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Movie/TV Show Swap - Crafting! Cheesy

My Pinterest
suereal

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013 08:19:17 AM »

Yeah...I kept spontaneously going into "HEY LISTEN!!" mode while I was making it.  The Hub was ready to send me off to the Deku Tree I think  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013 08:28:55 AM »

I don't know about the game reference but that doesn't make this any less cool! Beautiful job. I'd love a room full of these!! Assuming they weren't yelling at me and being annoying, of course Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013 03:06:18 PM »

I was thinking about a room full of them too LimeR Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013 09:18:49 PM »

It is nice to see how this idea came together- although I am one of the odd folk who don't know the game, but I like light-up-fairy things that go bobbing about. And I also second the idea of having a whole room full of them Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing Dough for Parathas
Rolling Out the Parathas
Adding the Chicken to the Masala
Checking and Tasting the Chicken Curry
How to Make Chicken Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...