Artist Trading Block Swap (ATBS)
Artist trading block you say? What is that?
Simply put, it is a block of wood that has been made into art. For this swap, you will take a block of wood that is 2.5 x 3.5, and embellish the front, sides, and top with paper, paint, charms, found objects, etc., until you have a beautiful piece of 3D art. Because you care about your craft, you will also finish the back! The back of your piece doesn't have to be as intricate as the front or sides, but it should be finished in some way.
by Paula Whittakerhttp://trashtotreasureart.blogspot.com/
You can also check our Pinterest boards:HSGracky
Swap name: Artist Trading Block Swap (ATBS)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: HSG, co-org: rackycoo
Sign-up date range: December 27, 2013 - January 10, 2014
Date to send item by: January 31, 2014
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
The idea is to make one artist trading block, measuring 2.5 x 3.5 x 1.5. If you don't have easy access to the scrap of wood, try Home Depot, Lowe's or any lumber place. Most likely they will give the small cut offs for free. Also we've found wood blocks for sale online, if you need help finding them, pm one of us and we'll give a direct link.
Samples of plain blocks:
Create something specific to your partner by stalking their Pinterest, Wists, Facebook, etc. Also feel free to PM each other for ideas and questions.
You will receive only one partner. You may only send that partner ONE ATB - "extras" are not allowed in this swap. We want to see everyone put their most creative foot forward for Craftsters 1st ATBS swap! Make something you would be excited to receive!
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. You must
post on this thread. This is a Craftster rule that applies to all swaps!3. Please put ATBS in the title of all PM's and send them to both HSG and rackycoo. racky gets sad if she's not included, and may pout. It's not pretty.
4. Make an item that you would like to receive. Do some research on your partner. Do your best work. Don't let us (or yourself) down!
5. We reserve the right to refuse anyone who has a history of poor communication, late sending, or not meeting swap requirements.
6. Post in the thread regularly and communicate with the organizers and your partner if problems occur or if you will be late sending. Not being a good communicator is right out, and will be noted in your feedback.
If you want to participate, information to send to BOTH organizers:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: ATBS
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any colors, theme or ideas that appeal to you and that you would like your partner to work from? How will you display your ATB? Wall, tabletop or maybe it does not matter.
2. Is there anything you would NOT want to receive?
3. Do you have any allergies?
4. Do you have any allergens in your home or craft area such as smokers, pets, or pets that smoke?
5. According to the swap rule, what is the size for your Artist Trading Block?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM: (*needs to post in the thread before being "official")
6. Jen Sews
19. Mistress Jennie
26. Killam Creative