A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 60 Hour Snuggy  (Read 642 times)
Tags for this thread: snuggie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

margaron
« on: December 26, 2013 02:01:42 PM »

A few months ago, after watching me make various other projects, my boyfriend asked me if I would crochet him a Snuggy. Now a Christmas present, the Snuggy is complete! And to satisfy my own (and everyone who asks me how long it takes to make something) curiosity in the matter, I kept track of whenever I started and ended working on the Snuggy. 60 hours and 12 minutes later it's done, folded and wrapped up Wink

I'll try and post some action shots after he opens it, it's far too big for me to even attempt.

I made some adjustments, after measuring an actual Snuggy some by happy mistake and others on purpose. This Snuggy is wider, for optimal cozy lounging, and the sleeves are slightly tapered (happy accident) but it makes it easier to use your hands while you have it on.

All and all I'm quite happy with how this turned out, I might just make myself one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013 02:23:51 PM »

I would put all the smilies on this one, but I will refrain. What a wonderful gift. I hope you do make yourself one. If you are smaller, it probably won't take the whole time...plus you now know the pattern and how to do it? I have two fleece snuggies. They are fun to wear. I am a tall small, and need the extra warmth, too. But you are right about the sleeves. I plan to modify my snuggies, and narrow them down, so I can manipulate things about the house in them. The bigger sleeves get in the way of things. Even when watching TV...and the remote  Roll Eyes Lucky I can sew. I will fix it...better too big than too small.  Cheesy Great job. I hope he stays warm in it. If it is big enough, fit yourself in there  Roll Eyes Just a thought, gal pal.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
AugustBell
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013 06:28:07 PM »

WOW, this is awesome!! I bet this is the warmest, coziest Snuggie ever. I'm in awe of your commitment level to this project. It's really cool, and the colors are fantastic. I'm jealous of your boyfriend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013 08:48:57 AM »

It looks snuggly warm.  Kudos for finishing such a big project.  I bet he loved it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
margaron
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013 12:04:43 AM »

He did really like it, it looks like I might be making more in the future... everyone keeps stealing his! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013 07:35:54 PM »

I adore this!  And I know that this snuggie is way better than anyone you could buy & cozier.  And I'm lovin' the stripes! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw With Pastels
How to Draw With Ink
How to Draw Shoes
How to Draw Shadows
How to Draw Horses
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...