Swap name: Inchie My Theme, Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: JillHogan
Sign-up date range: 12/26/13 to 01/09/14
Date to send item by: 02/06/14Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no
Additional Age requirement? no
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: No DC is required because of the small and (usually) paper nature of inchies. However, if you do not get a DC and the envelope does not arrive to its destination, you will be required to remake and resend.
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESDetails of swap:
Inchies are tiny little works of art. They are exactly 1" by 1" and can be made of any medium. For more information about inchies, see here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303188.0#axzz2oc24cKEm
and for some inspiration, see here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=inchie#axzz2oc24cKEm
For this swap, each participant will list between 4 and 8 themes that they would like to receive.
We will be in groups of 6 so each participant will have 5 swap partners. We will make 8 inchies for each partner for a total of 40 inchies made. WE WILL BE IN GROUPS OF 5, HAVE 4 SWAP PARTNERS, AND MAKE EACH PARTNER 10 INCHIES FOR A TOTAL OF 40 INCHIES.
It's entirely up to you how you divide that 8 up by theme. For example, if one of your partners lists 5 themes: pinup girls, boats, blue, trees, and clouds. You could make 8 inchies based on trees. Or you could make 4 pinup girl inchies and then 1 for each of the other themes. Or maybe you'd rather do 2 blue inchies, 2 boat inchies, 3 tree inchie, 1 cloud inchie, but no pinup girls inchies. Whatever you want!
See the following for inspiration:
Inchie My Theme R1 Discussion : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346911.0
Inchie My Theme R1 Gallery : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348139.0
Inchie My Theme R2 Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377559.0#axzz2oc24cKEm
When shipping your inchies, please take care to protect them. Have them enclosed in a notecard of some sort or an inside envelope. If they have a lot of texture or 3D material, please be aware that they may require more postage if they cannot go through the sorting machines. Check at the post office if you are concerned.
Participants must also be willing to re-send any lost packages in order to receive positive feedback at the end of the swap.Thanks llisaredd for most of this description!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer, JillHogan with INCHIES in the subject line:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES; necessary for participation.
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Your inchie themes (please list at least 4 and no more than 8 ):
Any other information you would like your partners to know (family-friendly needed or a hatred of purple or whatever):
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.Participants:
6. Acadian Driftwood
7. Blasphemy the Blasphemer
Blasphemy the Blasphemer