A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 363
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 226451 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1200 on: March 18, 2014 09:38:25 AM »

Those stamps are AWESOME!  Great job!

kittykill received the package I sent her in the Ongoing Wish swap so I can post what I sent.  Since the first embroidery I made her got ruined I had to kind of scramble to remake something and get the package out on time.   I chose to embroider this sassy vintage bird and make her a felt glasses/pencil case inspired by something she had pinned to replace the embroidery.

I also sent along these two bracelets

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #1201 on: March 18, 2014 11:37:56 AM »

So many beautiful things you folks are really incredible!  The flowers for the laundromat are a wonderful idea I do a lot of my knitting there, so I may have to follow that idea!  

I love the Pi quilt such a clever idea, and it looks so sophisticated and masculine. (Another one to file away.)

Im trying to do more sewing this year, so Im keeping tabs of all the garments, too.  I love all the creative jewelry, but I know my limitations.  (at least for this year!)

I dont get much time to create these days, but Im chugging along on my multiple visions, and really enjoying what I get done.  One of the things I like the most about this thread is it gives me a way to stay accountable.  So I tend to finish more!  Heres what Ive accomplished in the last month or two

9. Dragonriders shrug
I made this as part of the Ravelry Sci-Fi fan craft/read-along of Anne McCaffreys Dragonriders of Pern.  I used the Aran Cabled shrug pattern I found on Ravelry:   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aran-cabled-shrug-in-kaya-wool

Its knit with Wool Ease bulky and is super warm.  And I love the cables.  There are some mods I would make for the next time, but I definitely will make this pattern again.

10. Mosiac swirl hat
Ive had my eye on this pattern for a long time, and I love this yarn.  Ended up giving it to one of my favorite neighbors; the little boy across the street.  It makes him look a bit like Robin Hood!

11. Green Chili Burritos
One of my pre-Lenten chores is going thru the fridge and freezer and using up and cleaning out, getting ready for spring and summer excess.  I had a huge package of roasted green chilis my sister sent from Arizona, so I made several containers of chili and chicken burritos ready to freeze or cook, and delivered them to some friends.  They were much appreciated!

12. More Nisse/Knubbelchen
These are too cute to resist!

I took the remaining skein of pale yarn I use for the faces, and divided it into smaller hanks.  I dyed them, using food color, tea, coffee, and anything I could think of, so now all the Knubbelchen will have a slightly different skin tone just like real people!

13. Green hats from stash
Ive had an enormous skein of green acrylic yarn in my stash for forever.  A long weekend, a book on tape and presto more hats for next falls charity stash!

14. Capn America XL crib blanket
Most things I knit are for a specific person, with a specific (usually imminent) deadline.  Sometimes you knit just out of curiosity, to see how an idea will turn out.  Thats what I did with this blanket, from the Baby Shane pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-shane-blanket

Its pretty big; 47x47, and has a lovely drape.  I used Red Heart Soft for the red and white, and RH Blue Bayou.  Im not usually a fan of the Red Heart yarn, but these soft skeins are really soft, and I love the mottled colour of the blue.  Setting this aside for the next baby superhero I meet.

15. Manly Back Wrap
Much as I love knitting, I am trying to broaden my crafting a bit this year.  Thanks to the destashing and organizing Ive been doing lately, when a co-worker complained of back pain recently, I was able to quickly hip out this manly cold pack wrap from cotton and black flannel.  For when you injure yourself doing manly things, like wrestling bears.  Or taking out the recycling.

I had a bit of a setback on my chalkboard back door.  The unsanded grout in the homemade chalkboard paint seems to have been pretty gritty.  And of course, I didnt do a test swatch.  So now I have an enormous square of blue sandpaper on my back door.  But Im working on that, and hope to be back with a triumphant success soon!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014 09:09:04 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: fixed link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou

« Reply #1202 on: March 18, 2014 12:04:33 PM »

Bunny1kenobi, amazing pi quilt. I am admiring your perfectly straight stitching.

Elyxandra, your bowls are bright and colorful.

Beautiful dress, cursive_queen. I like that you made the dress, it's unique.

Kbrison, lots of yarny goodness. I am wondering if there is a special reason to make fingerless gloves for the dialysis clinic. Is it needed by the patients, or nurses, or to raise money for the clinic or simply to be nice? Anyway, they look good.

Silvermoon, incredible stamp carving. The mistake and redoing would have driven me crazy, and I know it's exactly what could have happened to me. maybe you ate the bahnoffee pie to give you moral strength while carving. What kind of tools do you use to carve it so tiny?

Lindyv, cute bracelet and earrings.

Yofi, I like all your knitted items, especially the cabled or 3D ones and the baby blanket, and the Knubbelchen, Well, I like them all, as I said! I am wondering about your door. I hope you will post a picture when you're done.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1203 on: March 18, 2014 02:37:24 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

Yofi, I need that shrug.  You made that for me, right?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: March 18, 2014 05:29:50 PM »

I haven't passed out compliments for the last few days, but I honestly don't know where to start. Everything is so fantastic! Love all the handcarved stamps, the knit hats, the cute little dolls, the bead bracelets, that awesome Dragonrider Shawl, the Captain America afghan, all the pi goodies, those lovely crocheted roses, the paperclay bowls, Lindy's earrings for her son, the washi dress, and all the things I've missed mentioning. Wonderful! Wonderful! (as Lawrence Welk was always saying  Grin)

Youpidoo, the gloves are for the dialysis patients. Dialysis can make you very cold especially in your extremities. Socks and shoes take care of the feet problem, but the patient's fingers need to be accessible to check for oxygen levels and blood flow. [Blue or tingly fingers are definitely not a good thing.] That's where fingerless gloves help by keeping the hand warmer but the fingers bare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
164/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
yofi
« Reply #1205 on: March 18, 2014 05:31:19 PM »

Funny thing about the shrug, bunny; it started with an idea for a completely different shrug. I couldn't afford the yarn it called for, so I had to search for something different.  Then I didn't like the pattern knit in that yarn, so I found this pattern.  Then I didn't like it knit in the other yarn, so I swapped for the Wool Ease.  Then I had to take apart half the shrug to modify it.

But at least it's a shrug, and it's green, which is (kinda!) where we started!  9 months later, but I got there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou

« Reply #1206 on: March 18, 2014 06:51:08 PM »

Youpidoo, the gloves are for the dialysis patients. Dialysis can make you very cold especially in your extremities. Socks and shoes take care of the feet problem, but the patient's fingers need to be accessible to check for oxygen levels and blood flow. [Blue or tingly fingers are definitely not a good thing.] That's where fingerless gloves help by keeping the hand warmer but the fingers bare.
Oh, I had no idea dialysis made people's extremities very cold. That's very nice of you to think of the patients and help them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #1207 on: March 18, 2014 10:09:17 PM »

Silvermoon, incredible stamp carving. The mistake and redoing would have driven me crazy, and I know it's exactly what could have happened to me. maybe you ate the bahnoffee pie to give you moral strength while carving. What kind of tools do you use to carve it so tiny?

I have a speedball cutter with a few blades - the tiny detail was done with a #1 V blade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #1208 on: March 18, 2014 10:40:01 PM »

great jewelry and really love the shrug!
you guys are inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: March 19, 2014 01:58:49 AM »

9. Dragonriders shrug
I made this as part of the Ravelry Sci-Fi fan craft/read-along of Anne McCaffreys Dragonriders of Pern.  I used the Aran Cabled shrug pattern I found on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aran-cabled-shrug-in-kaya-wool

I don't know how I missed this but it's lovely and those books are some of my favourites too  Grin I had no idea people did craft & read-a-longs it sounds like a fab idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 363 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pizza Muffins Recipe
Top Ten Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
Top Five Thanksgiving Tips
How to Make Turkey Pot Pies
Quick Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...