A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,481
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 283
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 159777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« Reply #1020 on: March 01, 2014 08:31:38 AM »

Huh, good to know about the bleach thing. 

I have more to share this week, some dark brown Welsh top.  I bought a pound of it during the Christmas holiday and finally opened the bag the other day.  One is a single-ply and the other, a double.  I'm so happy to see that there isn't so much overtwist with these two!  It seems like the learning curve has been absolutely crazy for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1021 on: March 01, 2014 08:33:40 AM »

I've been gone too long again. It's time for a project dump, but it's not as big as it would have been last year - I've really fallen off the crafting.  I think this time of year is always a but "meh" for me, since we're really busy at work and I'm more tired.  Plus I've have two huge over-reaching projects, and that's taking up most of my time (thankfully, the goal book is done but the Honeydew and Cabbage project...  Eeeek!).

7-9.  4x6 Art, for the swap.  I made extra pieces and, with the help of friends, decided to send the monster.

10-14. More Lifebook Pages!

15-17. Batches of Buttons (Played with my new button makers, YAY!).  First, D&D markers (they have magnets in the back), then a few for friends (pins), and finally, a big batch I gave away to my bellydance class for Valentine's day and a few for some yarn addicted friends.

18-20.  Honeydew and Cabbage!  I have two sets and a bunch of props...

First was set 1, which was an office and consisted of a desk, a chair, a computer, and a functional filing cabinet.  Oh, and a poster and some paperwork.

Then I made a little doll for the corpse in the next episode (I thin she'd make a great voodoo doll, and she has pipe cleaners inside so she's bendable!

And set two - made a couch, a bunch of mini-books, a bookcase, a coffee table, and a glass (the globe I got in a "Free Art" swap, and it worked perfectly!).

And two accessories for the shoot - Cabbage in her detective Fedora, and Honeydew in bunny ears!

21. Lastly, some cards for Operation Beautiful to leave laying around, and one for a friend who saw what I was doing, liked it, then had a bad week (I left it stuck to her car).  I have one more to make for someone else who wants one.  Cheesy  I've abandoned 5 of them so far.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1022 on: March 01, 2014 09:17:49 AM »

too many awesome projects to see!!

k-star...love how your top turned out!  It is very flattering...did you also make the tiered skirt?

guadiknight---you are such an amazing doll clothes maker!  that was such a beautiful little sweater....wow

smeddley--you have been super busy!  I just love those little monster cards....I think I am going to make a bunch to leave in my hubby's waiting room (for his students)...

jillhogan---I had no idea you were such a talented artist (I know you crochet lovely!)....I love those inchies and also, what a funky wreath!!

dreadlocklove--your yarn is always so soothing to me...I guess because I love the colors and textures and you make the most interesting things...I am collecting ideas of what to knit with all the lovely handspuns I have in my stash...time to use it up!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014 09:19:10 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: March 01, 2014 10:20:10 AM »

Yes,I made the skirt a couple of years ago for dance performances but it made its way into my favourite clothing to wear just to feel wonderful  Grin it have a 18 metre hemline and is very light as I made it from polyester "silk" habotai which is usually used as lining  Cheesy

Love those monster cards Smeddley  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014 10:26:43 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1024 on: March 01, 2014 11:38:26 AM »

I am up to 30 projects as of today!

Here are some quilted coasters I made for a swap...I love this color scheme and hope to make more items for her, like placemats and a table runner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

« Reply #1025 on: March 01, 2014 01:06:46 PM »

Smedley, all your stuff is adorable.  Can't comment on just one, because I love your style for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #1026 on: March 01, 2014 01:20:17 PM »

alwaysinmyroom:  Thank you!  I'm building the yarn stash myself so soon my projects will be more of the crochet/knit kind.  It'll just be all the better to be using my own handspun fibres.

I LOVE those crochet buttons!!  I'll have to add that kind of stuff to my wish lists...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1027 on: March 01, 2014 08:05:28 PM »

Whipped up an infinity scarf yesterday for my sister in laws birthday - when I saw this silk I knew it was made for her!

Also put a few new pillow covers together today

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
gaudiknight
« Reply #1028 on: March 01, 2014 09:49:02 PM »

Question!  I did a 28 day photo-challenge during February.  Can I count that as a finished project in a "More Art Less Craft" sort of way?  It was mostly playing with dolls, but set-up, selecting and editing did take a fair bit of time, energy, and care...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1029 on: March 02, 2014 01:01:52 AM »

I've done a few more things, mainly food for the family but it counts because I could just be feeding us freezer food LOL.  But I am making stuff that I have been pinning all these years on pinterest. 

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head wall art to remind me that bad days will not last forever and I shouldn't let all the little things bother me

Pesto and cheese stuffed chicken

Chicken Avocado Burgers

Shrimp Scampi

Roasted Asparagus

Shamrock Wreath
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 283 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vanessa Hudgens Wavy Hair Tutorial
How to Do a Formal Hair Get-Up
How to Create The Hive Hairstyle
How to Create a Pinup Hair Style
How to Blow Dry your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...