A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 366
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 228975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2014 02:53:40 PM »

Wow, I haven't been around lately and have a lot of catching up to do over here!  I think there are about 40 pages I haven't seen.  A couple of completed projects, there are more but I haven't had a chance to take and upload photos.

Fibre Dye:  Peruvian wool dyed using Kool-Aid.  114 grams.  

Fibre Dye & Spin:  This one was dyed using Kool-Aid too.  Even though some parts are over twisted (still getting used to the Ashford Kiwi 2, and spinning in general), I love how this one turned out.  Peruvian wool, 114 gram into 116 yards.  

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014 05:26:32 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2014 03:31:34 PM »

kbrison, Congrats on your upcoming retirement.  You must have huge crafting plans!  Smiley

great knitting and love the spun wool!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2014 05:04:14 PM »

Wow, so much to read, I love it! And so many unused supplies and tools. I like the new challenge idea.

I like all the new wool projects: beautiful cowl UTM, lovely handspun yarn dreadlocklove (that's something I would like to learn), I could see myself zooming done imaginary slopes with this lovely headband That1girl.

ActsofCraftiness, the stenciling on your canvas bag is super neat.
Crazyda, your date night jar would help many dear significant other getting an idea of how to spend an evening together.
Bushbaby, I love the colors and fabrics and the black lines of your quilt. It's going to be wonderful. Is there any crafter close to Bushbaby one can go and steal it for me?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2014 07:24:23 PM »

I'm soooooo very far behind.  Instead of spending my snow-cation on Craftster, I spent it actually crafting.  And I have no finished projects to show for it!  I have 5 long-term projects going right now and I don't have all the materials I need to finish Z's hat.  I have to go buy polar fleece and plastic canvas tomorrow so I can finish the hat.  Smiley

dreadlocklove - great spinning!  I worked on spinning some while I was on snow-cation but I have to make another single so I can ply it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #834 on: February 15, 2014 01:33:39 AM »

Bushbaby, I love the colors and fabrics and the black lines of your quilt. It's going to be wonderful. Is there any crafter close to Bushbaby one can go and steal it for me?

thanks Smiley I'm loving the colours too  Grin Its really hard to see in the pics but it's actually a very dark navy blue, not black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #835 on: February 15, 2014 10:55:48 AM »

each time I see the hand spun yarns, I drool...I love to make stuff with it but just don't want to do all the work...surely some of the craftsters sell their beautiful yarns? Grin

kbrison...lol....I was just thinking of ONE project with a new supply or machine....I would be crafting in my sleep if we had to do one from each! Grin

I am busy knitting along with bushbaby for her charity...my mom has failing kidneys so this is a project that is dear to my heart:

Here is my contribution to her project so far...about three feet of knitting...I have done another three feet but need to weave in ends before taking pics...I am going for about twelve feet in the allotted time:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #836 on: February 15, 2014 11:14:47 AM »

Valentine's Mantle COMPLETED!!!! I crafted everything except the String Art - that's from rockmygypsysoul from the OWS 100!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: February 15, 2014 02:45:19 PM »

Yay! I just had to share this with someone: I just finished a monster marathon of making 13 new bags that has been going on for the last month and a half and I'm done I tell you!!! My hands hurt, I can't really feel my fingertips, and I have a permanent indent in my right ring finger from pushing in a needle over and over and over again but its done. Ok....you guys get the point  Tongue I'll share pictures when I get to taking them.

Now onto other projects I've been dreaming of!! So excited to move onto other things..

All the chatter about unused tools and machines makes me dreamy for things that I don't have.... Cheesy Cheesy As one who lives in a relatively small space I do have to pick and choose what I keep and what to pass up on so that means not a lot of unused things laying about....though there are plenty of supplies that could be used up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #838 on: February 15, 2014 07:56:54 PM »

I think maybe I'll try my shrink dink oven first, I have some bears coloured in so I'll try to shrink them first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
yoopidou

« Reply #839 on: February 15, 2014 10:46:28 PM »

Great work for the kidney dialysis machine, Always in my room.

How long is the scarf right now, Bushbabby? Will you have enough? Navy blue is even better! Smiley

Sheepblue, I'd love to see your bags, they are always very creative and beautiful.

Texscrapper, great job on decorating your mantel for Valentine's day according to your beliefs.

Yeah for the challenge!
I shall use one of the blocks of wood I received for Christmas either with my new and unused carving knife or wood burning tool. Or maybe both. I'll also do my best to find the energy to start again with the glass working. Now that i wrote it, I'll just have to do it. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 366 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick Out Drawing Tools
How To Illustrate a Cartoon Palace
How to Sketch a Cartoon King
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Woman
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Pirate
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...